NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

16 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Always wanted to learn how to draw. Ordered this:

513ULfRD6ML._AC_SL1100_.jpg

DIN A6 blank notebook. 

Gonna go and get some cheap pencils in town on Monday and just go for it.

No idea how to start and what to do exactly, though :D 

Start with still life. Something simple, like an Apple. Focus on how light hits the apple and try to recreate the shading with a pencil.

Understanding how light affects how objects look is probably the most important thing about drawing.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Start with still life. Something simple, like an Apple. Focus on how light hits the apple and try to recreate the shading with a pencil.

Understanding how light affects how objects look is probably the most important thing about drawing.

Shouldn't I first learn to draw straight lines, nice circles, etc.? It feels a little intimidating to immediately start with drawing something like an apple.

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Shouldn't I first learn to draw straight lines, nice circles, etc.? It feels a little intimidating to immediately start with drawing something like an apple.

How about drawing a Nintendo GameCube? :D

150.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

That way, you're incorporating straight lines and circles into one drawing lesson, I used to enjoy drawing GameCube's when I couldn't think of anything else I wanted to draw...

...also, I just wanted an excuse to post a picture of the GameCube. :p

But seriously, try it sometime, really fun to draw... maybe we should have an N-E Drawing Club? First lesson... GameCube.

• Weird 1

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

Nope, apple. It's one of the most basic beginning subjects. And yours will look crap, just like mine was. But practice, practice, practice. And you shouldn't just draw a single circular shape. A good artist starts with sketchy lines.

giphy.gif

Kinda like that. Maybe not that quick though, take your time.

There's a really good reason the first art academy lesson on DS is an Apple.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

BTW, @S.C.G's suggestion of a GameCube is a good subject for a still life. Not necessarily a first one, but it's a great subject for it's many shapes.

I also like the idea of a drawing thread. Maybe once a month, the subject can change? Although the first one should be an Apple. It's a perfect thing to practice basic shading techniques.

If you give me a week, I wouldn't mind drawing an Apple and having a simple step-by-step group of pictures for it.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

For what it's worth get practicing now and then you can participate in Inktober and hate yourself for giving it a go!

• Haha 3

Bought an iPad Pro 12.9 and Apple Pencil yesterday. I did get the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 last year but it didn’t really turn out to be what I wanted, especially when it came to the quality of the art apps.

28552-44648-iPad-Pro-129-Files-App-l.jpg

Already loving using the bigger sized tablet.

• Like 1

H2x1_NSwitch_TheBindingOfIsaacAfterbirthPlus_image1600w.jpg

For Switch. Having played Rebirth on PS4 and knowing what's been added with Afterbirth+ this is incredible value for 16€.

And here's a pro-tip: Don't Google image search "Afterbirth+" without adding "video game" or "Isaac"...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1038_3.jpg?c=1580469897

Monster Hunter beanie from Insert Coin. Doesn't ship until March though which by then is probably not the best season to wear it. 

Bought more cards recently. >.>

Of particular note, I finally cashed in on buying two more copies of Welder for my own Pokemon deck. A team of highly trained Welders has subsequently been assembled and ready to deal with any situation.

EP8Yul-WoAgq6b8?format=jpg&name=small

I truly believe this card is the reason they changed the rules going forward from the new set onwards.

I also bought a Fire Crystal at the same time to help be able to use these.

Also picked up a few MTG cards. Been getting into Commander recently so been delving into the game's history to help improve the deck. On a week by week basis it's improving with new additions and doesn't feel so far behind some of the decks at my local game store which is encouraging. It's still terribly inconsistent though...

So I put an order in for this card...

Sunforger

A car. 
Living without one is such a pain in the arse in general, and in the end I got fed up taking the bus / tram everywhere.
My friend's dad was selling his Skoda Fabia for 1100 Euros.
Although I've driven in Europe a few times, I've never owned my own car here. Gonna take a while to get used to changing gears with my right hand. 
Now I can buy loo roll in packs of 24 instead of 4.

Happy days. 

• Thanks 1

71TT4qQGbqL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm getting some accessories ready for my new gaming desktop PC in about a months time. 

Image result for azur lane crosswave steam

And the first game I'm going to play on it when it arrives, will stream it too.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

txZmWzx.jpgTPSfouL.jpg1Lave1v.jpgCRhZEaM.jpg

I drunkenly decided to buy a £75 limited edition Kiki's Delivery Service 30th aniversery Blu-Ray box. It's alot bigger than I thought it would be. There is alot more stuff in there that I didn't take pictures of though. That art book is surprisingly thick also.

• Like 4

Ticket to see IAMX live in April

Chris-Enlight1-credit-Saryn-Christina-scaled.jpg

Chris Corner is recording an acoustic album and going on a solo tour with it. I've seen IAMX live a couple of times and they are incredible. But an acoustic solo tour? Man, this is gonna be a very intimate show. I may end up crying the entire concert...

A sneak preview of what I can expect has me excited to no end.

• Like 1

Couple of games to fill the gap in the current release schedule:

81Su3JGKtvL._AC_SY500_.jpg

51l-2eWB-yL._AC_SX385_.jpg

815E3QgvjWL._AC_SX385_.jpg

81TFSr6Vx4L._AC_SX425_.jpg

91LFcSHALdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Been wanting to replay the last 2 so managed to get them cheap enough. Was hesitant with both Days Gone and RE2 (I didn't like the demo for the latter) but they're not too bad from what I've played so far. There's also a pre-order in for Metro Redux on the Switch as well, as if I needed more to play.

Edit: Also forgot I picked this up too:

81BXXtD+QPL._SX342_.jpg

It's at least better put together than Darksiders 3 was at launch. Just a bit in the repetitive side.

Edited by Ganepark32
  • Thanks 1

Got into D&D recently and may have gone a bit overboard on the spending.

71A9ZM66i5L._SL1288_.jpg

81pViXqeVLL.jpg

1.jpg

CurseofStrahd_ProductImage.png

911gxWEr0jL.jpg

91jr9FPRvFL.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SpBmV6bZH6NZ8PzNU2JxJn-650-80.jpg

Decided to get myself a nice pair of noise cancelling headphones as I've been using my cheapy pair a lot more recently. Went with the Sony WH-1000XM3's as they seem to be one of the most popular.

On 25/02/2020 at 12:43 PM, Sheikah said:

I've had a pair of those headphones for a while, they are excellent.

They arrived today. God they’re comfortable!

On 25/02/2020 at 11:40 AM, Happenstance said:

SpBmV6bZH6NZ8PzNU2JxJn-650-80.jpg

Decided to get myself a nice pair of noise cancelling headphones as I've been using my cheapy pair a lot more recently. Went with the Sony WH-1000XM3's as they seem to be one of the most popular.

I might pick up the WF ones (in ear ones). Got about £120 in CEX vouchers so far* (and will add more to it) so I'm thinking I might get those for my trip. Got some Sony cans but the hinge broke a while ago and I was going to tape it together (glue wasn't really working) but they are actually quite bulky. Also have some cheap but okay wireless ones I've been using but figure it might be better to get some decent small ones.

Although may also pick up some cheap wired ones as my flight on Sunday is 12 hours after all)

*but will check the ones I've seen are new because otherwise eww

8 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I might pick up the WF ones (in ear ones). Got about £120 in CEX vouchers so far* (and will add more to it) so I'm thinking I might get those for my trip. Got some Sony cans but the hinge broke a while ago and I was going to tape it together (glue wasn't really working) but they are actually quite bulky. Also have some cheap but okay wireless ones I've been using but figure it might be better to get some decent small ones.

Although may also pick up some cheap wired ones as my flight on Sunday is 12 hours after all)

Yeah I hear the WF ear bud versions sound great as well. I’d been tempted previously by those but I have a pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds which I use when I go out and they’re quite a bit smaller in the ear which I tend to prefer for wireless buds.

Have you also ever considered AliExpress as a place to order from? Can get things new for pretty crazy prices so long as you don't mind waiting a little while for them to come from China. Warranty is sketchy but can order on credit card for protection...

Just wondering as might be a better alternative to pre-owned headphones.

I'm leaving the country on Sunday so I don't have much time to wait 😋

I'll only get them if they're actually new. They do sometimes sell stuff that's never been used. The Kindle I got from them still had the original sealed tape thingy on. 

Saitake-STK-7007X-Review-01.jpg

Ordered a new controller for my phone as my old one was having connection issues and apparently this Saitake is one of the better ones. Weird colour scheme though, can’t think how they came up with it.

• Like 1