Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Recommended Posts

That mouse is trash EE, sorry. I bought one and I just couldn't stand how fussy and inaccurate it is. I never cared about mouse resolution until I got that and struggled to move the mouse in small increments.

Good news is if you complain and review it low, they'll offer you a refund and alternative product free. (But I didn't bother because I assume they're all trash)

Why is it so hard to find a full size wireless mouse now that isn't a gross LED/snake covered gamer mouse with a keyboard on the side?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rate the Apple Magic Mouse below that Tecknet £7 mouse just because it can't be used while charging. It also puts minimalistic style >>>>>> ergonomics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Collected over the past 2 months, I never actually caught much of season 2 on TV, so whilst I get to relive what I did see I also get to experience the rest for the first time
81uUwThHZmL._SL1500_.jpg

Image result for sailor moon season 1 dvd

812FV-TxoTL._SL1500_.jpg

Image result for sailor moon r blu ray

Image result for sailor moon s part 1

92958ac142db976c729f0e6d9523bef0b3134a54

Edited by Emerald Emblem
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

42288789944_dc19db9a13_o.jpg

Finally own a Switch, purchased earlier this month.  Not pictured, the MicroSD card and Hollow Knight.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shorty said:

I would rate the Apple Magic Mouse below that Tecknet £7 mouse just because it can't be used while charging. It also puts minimalistic style >>>>>> ergonomics.

Fake Apple fanboy aside (I generally hate most of Apple's stupid decisions*), I do love the Apple mouse. I've had it since January and have charged it 2 or 3 times, which only took about 30 mins. Plus the swipe scroll being both horizontal and vertical is huge benefit to me. Ergonomics did take a while to get used to, but I'm fine with it now.

*Like the Macbook pro having no standard USB ports (so brave, so courageous), yet still supplying the Apple Mouse (which was released after the Macbook Pro) with a USB charger and no USBC adaptor. Fucking dense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Goafer said:

Fake Apple fanboy aside (I generally hate most of Apple's stupid decisions*), I do love the Apple mouse. I've had it since January and have charged it 2 or 3 times, which only took about 30 mins. Plus the swipe scroll being both horizontal and vertical is huge benefit to me. Ergonomics did take a while to get used to, but I'm fine with it now.

*Like the Macbook pro having no standard USB ports (so brave, so courageous), yet still supplying the Apple Mouse (which was released after the Macbook Pro) with a USB charger and no USBC adaptor. Fucking dense.

See I really want/need to update my old MacBook Pro at some point, but the lack of USB ports stops me from doing so. Where would I plug in my Wacom tablet? D:

It is supposed to work wirelessly as well, but I never seem to get it to work properly (plus it needs to charge by being plugged in). Stupid decisions indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually have to use a Macbook Pro  from time to time at work and I have a pretty decent third-party adapter that solves that problem, and there are plenty of options available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the Apple mouse have a third button yet? Pretty sure an old version didn't and so you couldn't use it (or at least use it in isolation) with certain software. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ashley said:

Does the Apple mouse have a third button yet? Pretty sure an old version didn't and so you couldn't use it (or at least use it in isolation) with certain software. 

Not that I have noticed, unless there's a trick/gesture/setting I've missed.

 

 

5 hours ago, Eenuh said:

See I really want/need to update my old MacBook Pro at some point, but the lack of USB ports stops me from doing so. Where would I plug in my Wacom tablet? D:

It is supposed to work wirelessly as well, but I never seem to get it to work properly (plus it needs to charge by being plugged in). Stupid decisions indeed.

 

5 hours ago, Shorty said:

I actually have to use a Macbook Pro  from time to time at work and I have a pretty decent third-party adapter that solves that problem, and there are plenty of options available.

I use these, which have been good and certainly haven't hampered charging performance etc: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Ailun-MacBook-ChromeBook-Devices/dp/B074P2VPB6/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1530135911&sr=1-3&keywords=ailun+usb+c

The fact that I even have to use them at all is stupid though. Like, I get the push for USBC, but even Apple themselves seem non-committed to it, so it's pointless not to have a single USB socket on there.

The Macbook Pro is a beautiful bit of kit though. Flawed and way overpriced, but beautiful.

Edited by Goafer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

games.png

blurays.png

tracer.png

The blu-rays are Criterions. I specifically bought El laberinto del fauno to try to get it signed, but that didn't pan out.

I also received something else today, after 5 years.. I'll post that here.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

l_10171058_002.jpg

 

 

Echo Show £99 from that Amazon Prime Day sale they have going.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, @Shorty, it was alright but the tracking was kinda bad at times.

I decided to buy an upgrade in the Prime Day sale, this was £16 and already so much better.
 Drf533i.jpg?2

EDIT, why did I tag Ike? lol

Edited by Emerald Emblem
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

81WKc7NWpoL._SL1500_.jpg

Finally decided to grab one, I've been after one since last August.

71i3WGAio4L._SL1500_.jpg

 

Because I have finally given up on the r.a.t. mouse series. RIP..

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/07/2018 at 4:33 PM, martinist said:

l_10171058_002.jpg

 

 

Echo Show £99 from that Amazon Prime Day sale they have going.

Bought another Echo Show. My dad wanted one too and his birthday is super soon anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, nightwolf said:

81WKc7NWpoL._SL1500_.jpg

Finally decided to grab one, I've been after one since last August.

If you haven't already played it on PC or Xbox, grab Hollow Knight, what an amazing game. Then grab the recent physical release of Sonic Mania Plus. Then I guess if you have time, Breath of the Wild.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to be buying clothes at the moment

1608305664_1_1_1.jpg?ts=1530689647000

(The jacket)

off-white-beach-print-viscose-shirt.jpg?

Some light grey formal trousers that I can't find a picture of. No idea why I got them though as it's been ages since I wore formal trousers but I seem to be buying a late summer evening outfit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Shorty it was actually the first game I picked up as I'd been waiting to play it after watching a streamer. :) Thanks for the recommendation though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

51turkvSn2L.jpg

Was on sale for 12.24€ at Amazon.de yesterday. Decided to finally get a copy. Really liked the demo months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2018 at 8:18 PM, nightwolf said:

Because I have finally given up on the r.a.t. mouse series. RIP..

.......Rat in Peace? :blank:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Payday time, got some backpay from the wage increase and I spent it on my Switch.

ru0wESC.jpg

usiRTLe.jpg

7GddPtn.jpg

MCABJJm.jpg

52605061?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg

Also finished my Neptunia Plush collection with the newly released keychains
Vert Keychain PlushieBlanc Keychain PlushieNoire Keychain Plushie

jTF1U2V.jpg

Edited by Emerald Emblem
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's jump on this thead then..

I've got the lovely Sennheiser PC 373D headset for my PC rig. Reeeally nice sound to it, and really crisp and well balanced, as expected of Sennheiser. 

b6YCGtC.jpg

And I've bought a cheap cask strength whisky (55.9%) from one of my favorite distilleries, Bowmore. Going to a LAN this weekend where I'll pop it open. If it's as good as the reviews say, I might have to buy another bottle for later...

wo4aTh8.jpg

Edited by ArtMediocre
Pulled the trigger a bit too early

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DC5V-USB-LED-strip-5050-RGB-Flexible-LigCO-9050071-WW-LL120_RGB_01_RAINBOW.png

81l7BEDCdOL._SY355_.jpgAmazonBasics%20High-Speed%20Male%20to%20

 

Decided to move my main PC into my front room and make more of a show of it, then move my Oculus down there too :D gonna be much more room for VR and easier to shuffle everything out of the way.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites