NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Not really 'bought', more 'taken without my knowledge out of my bank account', but apparently my yearly car + home insurance just went out. £450. I hate being an adult sometimes.

You'll be able to cancel that within 14 days if you want to use a price comparison site. You should've at least got a renewal letter, maybe it went to an old address? In which case, the policy will have the wrong address on it and be invalid anyway... Either that or you got email that you ignored/went to junk.

• Like 1

The whole thing got a bit complicated because of amendments I've made halfway through the year, so I'm not sure how that fits in with renewal letters and such.

Either way, it'll probably be around that amount anyway if I shop around, so I can't be bothered to try. It was more the shock of checking my balance that it had gone - as you say, I normally get a warning letter!

Always worth checking. I halved my car insurance and thirded (that's totally a word) the home insurance last time they were up for renewal.

3 hours ago, Goafer said:

Always worth checking. I halved my car insurance and triced (that's totally a word) the home insurance last time they were up for renewal.

Fixed for you

1498661351_288982_1498661428_noticia_norqueesunemulador4.png

Bought an old snes last week. No yellowing on it either. Found a really long red hair in the cratridge slot though >_<

Also my snes mini was delivered today.

• Like 3

Having to slowly rebuild my wardrobe as none of my old clothes fit after the surgery: 

1uH6bs4.jpg

E834vSH.jpg

7zCEENp.jpg

header.jpg?t=1506689836

Current headset is fine, but the mic is a bit poor and they can get uncomfortable, so I pushed the boat out a bit:

41KFerym3bL._SY355_.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/6/2017 at 2:08 PM, Ashley said:

Oops.

Accidentally buy me one. :woops:

• Haha 1

snins-twinbee-cart.jpg

Pop 'n Twinbee    A.K.A more SNES games!

...I'll stop posting SNES games now >_>

Edited by martinist

4 minutes ago, martinist said:

Nooooo! I like seeing retro purchases!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, martinist said:

snins-twinbee-cart.jpg

Pop 'n Twinbee    A.K.A more SNES games!

Lovely stuff martins! :D

Please don't stop posting SNES games as I was about to post the same thing as Happenstance as I too like seeing retro purchases. :)

Oh and btw that auction you posted a link to which went up even when you'd posted it, I kind of followed it, even placed a bid but... it went up to £370 for those 40 unboxed SNES games, probably much more than they were worth in fairness, just so you don't feel too bad about not getting them, they went for moreorless what they were worth probably. :peace:

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

Nooooo! I like seeing retro purchases!

Hmm, maybe we should have a Retro Game Purchases thread in the General Gaming section? Though I wouldn't want to take away from this thread of course...

Anyway, in the meantime... here's my latest retro videogame purchase!

s-l1600.jpg

I used to have this boxed and complete, sold it once and now I've bought it back again for a premium price but... it was worth it! ;)

(I got £10 off it with a PayPal voucher code at least)

Metal Gear!

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

My new phone case! I love it so much! I bought it as a reward to myself for beating my best time in running for a mile. Got down to 9m48s. 599629e5699db65474007cb2b6f88ac4.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 07/10/2017 at 10:20 PM, S.C.G said:

Lovely stuff martins! :D

Please don't stop posting SNES games as I was about to post the same thing as Happenstance as I too like seeing retro purchases. :)

Oh and btw that auction you posted a link to which went up even when you'd posted it, I kind of followed it, even placed a bid but... it went up to £370 for those 40 unboxed SNES games, probably much more than they were worth in fairness, just so you don't feel too bad about not getting them, they went for moreorless what they were worth probably. :peace:

Hmm, maybe we should have a Retro Game Purchases thread in the General Gaming section? Though I wouldn't want to take away from this thread of course...

Anyway, in the meantime... here's my latest retro videogame purchase!

s-l1600.jpg

I used to have this boxed and complete, sold it once and now I've bought it back again for a premium price but... it was worth it! ;)

(I got £10 off it with a PayPal voucher code at least)

Metal Gear!

I remember having this as a welcome gift when I joined Special Reserve, bossed it in under a week (I think) then sold it on.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I remember having this as a welcome gift when I joined Special Reserve, bossed it in under a week (I think) then sold it on.

Ah... Special Reserve, how I miss thee. :grin:

I won a game from them, there was a competition to write an article about the launch of the GameCube and they just so happened to publish mine. :)

What game did I choose? Why Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 on the N64 of course! :D ( I likely mentioned this in general gaming when I was showcasing my N64 games)

I'm sure we were both forum members there back in the day were we not? Probably along with a few other N-E forum members as well.

I used to use Special Reserve and I still have the GBC MGS and remember both fondly. There was so much post-game content and secrets, it was awesome.