NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

41P5gLfe3RL.jpg

I didn't know amazon did pocketwatches. I need to get another really, but can't decide which ones to get off etsy.

41P5gLfe3RL.jpg
Love it Dannyboy!! :D

This whole Sherlock/Layton vibe is great! The world needs more eccentric characters!

Happy with that result, I now own 2 Wii's (white and new one above)

Why?

...why?

I can't find a better way to word this.

Why?

Please tell me you're giving the white one to Childs Play or something.

I didn't know amazon did pocketwatches. I need to get another really, but can't decide which ones to get off etsy.

It's not Amazon itself who sells it, though, it's one of its sellers. Also, note that it's not antique, but just designed that way. I'd be too weary about carrying a real antique, and a battery watch is much more practical than a wind-up watch (and much more silent, if I recall correctly). :heh: Plus it was really cheap at only £9.99! :D

Love it Dannyboy!! :D

This whole Sherlock/Layton vibe is great! The world needs more eccentric characters!

Thanks! :D It's exactly the vibe I was going for. Looks absolutely dapper together with my brown suit! :D

@Dannyboy: My initial reaction was a bit "...", but then under analysis, I'm stunned, because I love when people dress with awareness. Knowing Professor Layton is a great thing to take inspiration from. Adds.

I can imagine, most of them that I buy are battery ones, as it's far easier, though I'd love to buy a proper wind up, but I haven't the funds. I've seen one very similar on etsy to the one you've got, very lovely, did you buy a chain too?

Thanks! It's exactly the vibe I was going for. Looks absolutely dapper together with my brown suit!
This is so you!... :D*made me smile making the association and remembering the programme from my youth*

@Dannyboy: My initial reaction was a bit "...", but then under analysis, I'm stunned, because I love when people dress with awareness. Knowing Professor Layton is a great thing to take inspiration from. Adds.

Meh, I realise it might seem pretty cliché/wannabe/can't find the right word, but I don't really care. I love the whole 19th century gentleman stereotype, so I couldn't help but buy this. People can think what they want as long as it makes me feel good.

(For the record I haven't actually played any of the Layton games, but really want to. Unfortunately I lost my DS, and the price as well as the many different models have put me off getting a new one. I plan to sometime, though.)

EDIT: That's amazing, Retro! :D I think Basil The Great Mouse Detective (Disney's take on Sherlock Holmes) was my first introduction to the era, and I was hooked immediately. It's only as of late I've really begun pursuing this interest, though.

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

Meh, I realise it might seem pretty cliché/wannabe/can't find the right word, but I don't really care. I love the whole 19th century gentleman stereotype, so I couldn't help but buy this. People can think what they want as long as it makes me feel good.

Yes, that's how I feel re: clothes, and image in general. If you're not making yourself lel in pleasure every time you look in the mirror, you're doing it wrong.

The verb "lel" conjures up this in my head:

trollface.gif

My favourite thing.

lel is severely under used. Its a completely valid syminveol for "lol", yes....but it is so much more than that.

lel?

I dislike how all these "words" like lol, lul and lel actually exist in Dutch. Makes it weird to read them online in a completely different context/language. D:

lel is severely under used. Its a completely valid syminveol for "lol", yes....but it is so much more than that.

Even lol shouldn't be used, never mind fucking lel.

Eurgh. :woops:

lel?

I dislike how all these "words" like lol, lul and lel actually exist in Dutch. Makes it weird to read them online in a completely different context/language. D:

Mijn oor-lel is grote lolz.

Mijn oor-lel is grote lolz.

If I had any faith in humanity, you just killed it.

"Gentleman's N-E meet" sounds like a glory hole euphamism.

Not besides the fact that a Gentleman's meet would require gentlemen, I assume.

:laughing: