NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Got myself a new camera. I've been interested in photography on and off over the years and thought it would be nice to have a new hobby to learn. Plus now in my new job part of my work is going to be taking photos at the events we put on for alumni so I thought it would be nice to have my own camera that I can learn rather than borrowing the school one every now and again which we have to share with the marketing department.

81oGzUGa1gL._SL1500_.jpg

Gonna get a new lens for it at the start of next month as well...just need to get paid again first!

Nice camera! A Neistat classic...thinking of picking up the G7X in the coming months (might be uploading some stuff to YouTube), may be going to Asia for a month!

At the minute I'm bulking up my GameCube collection as much as possible

Baten Kaitos

Star Fox Assault

Marvel Nemesis - Rise Of The Imperfects

Dancing Stage Mario Mix

Geist

Waverace Blue Storm

Got myself a new camera. I've been interested in photography on and off over the years and thought it would be nice to have a new hobby to learn. Plus now in my new job part of my work is going to be taking photos at the events we put on for alumni so I thought it would be nice to have my own camera that I can learn rather than borrowing the school one every now and again which we have to share with the marketing department.

81oGzUGa1gL._SL1500_.jpg

Gonna get a new lens for it at the start of next month as well...just need to get paid again first!

Nice buy - Looking forward to some posts in the photography thread!

Couple more purchases.

Decided to get an extra lens for my new camera

Canon-EF-S-55-250mm-f-4-5.6-IS-STM-Lens.jpg

And also Cara Ellison's Embed with Games book which I'm looking forward to reading

Embed-with-games-AW-lo1.jpg

Around Christmas I knew I had the week with intense family interaction and a lot of downtime, along with plenty of gifted Nintendo points so decided to finally see what this Minecraft stuff was about and got the Wii U Version, assuming it would fill the festive gap.

Alas it caught me more than I'd ever imagine, now over 90 hours in on the Wii U game. After finding out about my recent obsession my friends convinced me to get it for 360! I'm very impressed I can get a Banjo skin but that aside... damn, I like to waste money. Luckily I bought this with credit from my sold 3DS or 'ultimate dust collector RPG only machine' as it's otherwise known, so no big loss.

71TQeUM4A8L._SL1300_.jpg

Baaaaeee, I have that game! Gots it for the 360 and the Xbox One (which you NEEEED to get). Y'all should play the game I made! :o

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Couple more purchases.

Decided to get an extra lens for my new camera

Canon-EF-S-55-250mm-f-4-5.6-IS-STM-Lens.jpg

And also Cara Ellison's Embed with Games book which I'm looking forward to reading

Embed-with-games-AW-lo1.jpg

Embed with Games is a good book. Starts out in a pub that I've been to which is always a bit disorientating.

Mario Kart 64 on Wii U VC. There's a lot to be said for simplicity. I have Mario Kart 8 w/DLC but we spent far more time on this game tonight. The 64 game is far more accessible for casual gamers and fun from my point of view too. I can easily powerslide my way to victory in MK8 but the playing field really was equal all round with this, and I got bested far more times than I'd like to admit to. The 64 game also has a classy arcade feel to it, feels much more like a SEGA game than anything. Anyway, I'm drunk on red wine so I could just be rambling. It was worth the money for nostalgia alone (and the sound clips were way better back then, Mario is genuinely adorable in the 64-bit era)

My house purchase has been delayed...... :shakehead

The person who sold it to the person I'm buying off broke the law and didn't have the house registered with the Land Registry. Which means it has to be done now (hopefully not at my cost)

Very very annoying. I should have been in by now, but currently the solicitor reckons I shouldn't hold my breath for it going through before Easter!!!

head_home_3.en-GB.jpg

Few days away early next month

Bologna is lovely, really liked it there (even though I spent most of my time there inside a convention place). :)

$_20.JPG

As a treat for losing 2 stone, I bought myself a fitness tracker. It isn't a Fitbit though, because all of the Fitbits are extremely pricey and I don't have the money for it right now, unfortunately. For now, I got this one though, it's a Crane Analogue Smart Watch and for £30, right now, it's actually pretty bad-ass.

It does everything a Fitbit does but it also has an alarm/message/phone call notification that vibrates, beeps and flashes when something happens and you can also ring your phone when you've put it somewhere and you can't find it (something useful for me as I constantly leave it around the house) and you can also use a button to take pictures as well. It's pretty nifty but when I can, I want to get the Fitbit Surge.

JAPAN TRIP IS BOOKED! Gonna be at the Hilton Hotel in Tokyoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

SO PUMPED

$_20.JPG

As a treat for losing 2 stone, I bought myself a fitness tracker. It isn't a Fitbit though, because all of the Fitbits are extremely pricey and I don't have the money for it right now, unfortunately. For now, I got this one though, it's a Crane Analogue Smart Watch and for £30, right now, it's actually pretty bad-ass.

It does everything a Fitbit does but it also has an alarm/message/phone call notification that vibrates, beeps and flashes when something happens and you can also ring your phone when you've put it somewhere and you can't find it (something useful for me as I constantly leave it around the house) and you can also use a button to take pictures as well. It's pretty nifty but when I can, I want to get the Fitbit Surge.

Yeah so the watch was good...until it disconnected and refused to connect for two days straight and when it did, it recorded nothing anyway and even then, it connected for five minutes and disconnected again. I took it back and I now have this sexy little biyatch ordered.

a49d052c857b489062a2707e72c087cc.jpg

Sexy. It should be here by the weekend. Too excited to be doing some challenges with @Daft and @Blade and anyone else here who has a Fitbit

Twilight Princess HD got me hankering for a fun well paced Zelda. So I repurchased Skyward Sword (lent/gave my copy to my nephew no point taking it back) and a new wiimote and nunchuck. Mine were so old and to the point of failure sadly.

I also bought The Last Story because I really should have sooner. I only played a little (of a fan translated Japanese copy) since it was before the western release was announced.

And fuck why don't Nintendo games ever drop in price?! What other first party game from 4-5 years ago is still full price??

JAPAN TRIP IS BOOKED! Gonna be at the Hilton Hotel in Tokyoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

SO PUMPED

Nice! I run past there when I can be bothered to keep up my running. Great location for getting around the city.

a49d052c857b489062a2707e72c087cc.jpg

Sexy. It should be here by the weekend. Too excited to be doing some challenges with @Daft and @Blade and anyone else here who has a Fitbit

Not to put a downer on your purchase but, I bought this exact model, returned it a week later. Sometimes it just wouldn't sync via iPhone, for hours and hours. I would try and set an alarm or something and it would just be "syncing" indefinitely. Maybe it was just my phone, my network or my particular fitbit that was faulty though, otherwise it was a nice device....

Sounds defective. Me and Eric haven't had any issue with ours. I'm actually surprised how seamless it all is.

Yeah, I can't speak from experience but I have heard from others with Fitbits that love them and haven't seem to have the issues you did.

J25X1J5.jpg

Thanks Amazon.... Though near as I can tell those are all still NTSC-U and others on Amazon say it works fine. Nothing else on the page indicates it's this version.

Edited by Nolan

Sounds defective. Me and Eric haven't had any issue with ours. I'm actually surprised how seamless it all is.

Mine has been completely fine too! :)

What fitbit does everyone have? I got the Charge HR.

Yep, I have that one too!

Pre-ordered Games of Throne Season 5 and it arrived a day earlier before the official release date.