NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

81k5WezsAGL._SX385_.jpg

Never played it before and found it for a tenner so thought I'd give it a go before the second one comes around.

Such a good game. I'd buy it to play again if I didn't have such a backlog of new games....

Ooops! A local shop just had Pokémon OR for the equivalent of about £8 and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash for about £10 - couldn't help it, bought the two! They also had Pokémon AS and Y and Donkey Kong Country 3D for £8 but I already have Pokémon X and Donkey Kong Country Returns so didn't need them.

jaquette-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-playstation-3-ps3-cover-avant-g-1363962918.jpg

I love this too much. £12. YES! To Zanarkand is completely my favourite thing to listen to right now.

138811_A.jpg

RS=fkIejmjM5UgpJdpQanIGRn4qJUQ-

Infinity-2-Aladdin-Figure.jpg

How much did that bad boy cost?

£274.99

Far too much

been at it since 5 and i've only managed to build the first floor (with no interior)

£274.99

Far too much

been at it since 5 and i've only managed to build the first floor (with no interior)

How old are you now?

Raspberry Pi

RaspberryPi.jpg

I plan on using it for retro emulators mainly.

DOA5 Last Round

DEAD-OR-ALIVE-5-LAST-ROUND-ps4-500x500.jpg

And my other half bought a StreetKa (not this one specifically):

ford_streetka.jpg

Surprisingly good to drive, with some decent mod-cons, like heated leather seats and a 6 CD stereo.

Old enough to um know better? :blank: lol

I'm just wondering how long it's taken you to build the first floor.

:blank:

My survey has come back alllll good. So in 4-8 weeks i will be a homeowner!!! :awesome::yay:

Welcome to the most stressful time of your life.

It's worth it though.

I have just bought....tickets to Japan! For 15 days. :D

Great buy! I spent a couple weeks in Japan last year and absolutely loved it. Have you started to plan where you're going to go? (And what time of year?)

Incidentally were the flights particularly hefty or not so bad?

Great buy! I spent a couple weeks in Japan last year and absolutely loved it. Have you started to plan where you're going to go? (And what time of year?)

Incidentally were the flights particularly hefty or not so bad?

We're planning it out at the moment, intending to travel throughout Japan with a rail pass (spending a few days in Tokyo). We're going end of March - return tickets were £439 per person going with Air France on both outbound and inbound which seemed really good (Air France also apparently serve Champagne at no cost to all cabins and have an open bar). One stop in each direction with reasonable stopovers.

I've ordered the lonely planet Japan guide to give me a better idea of what is worth doing. Any recommendations? :)

Edited by Sheikah

My survey has come back alllll good. So in 4-8 weeks i will be a homeowner!!! :awesome::yay:

I'm jealous! :D I've been to look at a lot of places over the last couple of weeks, got two more lined up, both of which look great but are in a chain. I really need a place soon or I'm gonna go nuts...!

We're planning it out at the moment, intending to travel throughout Japan with a rail pass (spending a few days in Tokyo). We're going end of March - return tickets were £439 per person going with Air France on both outbound and inbound which seemed really good (Air France also apparently serve Champagne at no cost to all cabins and have an open bar). One stop in each direction with reasonable stopovers.

I've ordered the lonely planet Japan guide to give me a better idea of what is worth doing. Any recommendations? :)

All about that open bar!!

To be honest I loved everywhere that I went - Tokyo and Kyoto are definites and then I also enjoyed Osaka (Great city / food / nightlife) Naoshima (Art Island) Hiroshima & Miyajima (Great city and island alongside the peace park and history) Kinosaki (Onsen town) and lastly there was a mountaintop place with packed with temples and some monastries that you can stay the night in, name escapes me but it was quite special. The alps and Nagasaki are also both really nice but probably not essential - Also I'd maybe skip Nara which most people go to.

Obvs depends what you want but in general the suggested itineraries at the start of the lonely planet I remember as being pretty good starting point for picking out a route.

Oh yeah and before you go check which things are being refurbished - loads of sites are being done up for the 2016 Olympics! last year a lot of the castles were being rennovated so you couldn't visit. So we'd planned to visit Himeji but had to make last minute change of plans when we worked out we couldn't.

The trains are a dream - I'd get the rail pass for a week, and then there are smaller local passes that you can get for say Tokyo and surrounding area for the rest of your time (bit harder to get info on). You can only buy the rail pass outside of japan so get it before you go!

Anyway, rambling on but - you'll have a blast. Make sure you stay in a capsule hotel, sort out Ghibli museum tickets before you go if you want to (I couldn't get any for when I arrived), and eat lots of sushi!

Hopefully I'll get there before you, hopefully within a couple of weeks :heh:

Got a plan-ish already once we get the keys:

Change the locks,

Take out the cupboard in bedroom/surrounding the bed,

Recarpet the room,

Get Step-Mummy's cleaning business to go balls deep with a hardcore clean on the house,

Move shit in.

I hope to do them soon, because I've got about 15 boxes full of shizzle crowding the house at the moment. And I keep buying new house-related-things which annoy Mum because I'm taking over the landing/spare room/downstairs near front door.

FRESH PURCHASES ON TOP OF HOUSE SHIT.

Glossy%20Black%20Wood%20Frame%20With%20Perspex.jpg

Some framing action for both the Zelda Symphony posters, which have been sitting rolled up since attending. Even the first one I wrote a review about back in 2011. Would've gotten it framed sooner but they're bigger than the conventional posters so can't buy them normally. S'cost me £70 each.

Still got an (unframed) recent Symphony poster if anyone wants it.

90059_front.jpg

Mario2_Cartridge.jpg

I'm jealous! :D I've been to look at a lot of places over the last couple of weeks, got two more lined up, both of which look great but are in a chain. I really need a place soon or I'm gonna go nuts...!

Goooood luck Shorteh!!!!

My sister spent three years looking, I spent 3 months. She thinks I'm a jammy f*ck lol. But then im on my own, so I dont have to compromise on what I want with anyone. Any my sister had very very specific requirements!

Mine wasn't in a chain and neither am i, just got really really lucky. (also not gonna lie, i did end up going a little bit higher than I wanted to pay, was kinda looking at houses at 65, and paid 70 for this one)

Hopefully I'll get there before you, hopefully within a couple of weeks :heh:

Got a plan-ish already once we get the keys:

Change the locks,

Take out the cupboard in bedroom/surrounding the bed,

Recarpet the room,

Get Step-Mummy's cleaning business to go balls deep with a hardcore clean on the house,

Move shit in.

I hope to do them soon, because I've got about 15 boxes full of shizzle crowding the house at the moment. And I keep buying new house-related-things which annoy Mum because I'm taking over the landing/spare room/downstairs near front door.

I've already moved out of parentals and have my own stuff so its just crowded in my one bed flat lol. My sister did the same as you, her bedroom is still full of sh*te shes not collected yet.

You'll probably get yours before me. My solicitor seems to be useless. I've no idea what hes doing yet. Rang on wed AM and this evening before close, still not heard back from him. Just need to know that its in hand and he knows its to be done!

Went for another viewing again to get some measurements... need curtains. And want to replace the sink (and probably taps) in the kitchen so I can fit my countertop dishwasher, which also means replacing the kitchen top.

Congrats Raining! :D

Very jealous, I can't wait to have our own place! Getting fed up with this flat.

But finding something we can afford and which is not a shithole seems to be very difficult. I'm looking at properties every day (have been for over a year now) and still haven't found one. :(

My big break came from finding out that I have an excellent credit rating, which means I should have no trouble getting a 95% mortgage. Finding the place, making the choice and getting it all done are the real challenges for me! Going to look at a place in a couple of hours, looks nice in the pics, only downside is distance from friends (but I drive) and it's currently being lived in so who knows what the chain is like...

My big break came from finding out that I have an excellent credit rating, which means I should have no trouble getting a 95% mortgage. Finding the place, making the choice and getting it all done are the real challenges for me! Going to look at a place in a couple of hours, looks nice in the pics, only downside is distance from friends (but I drive) and it's currently being lived in so who knows what the chain is like...

Where did you check your credit score? I checked mine on Experian and it was great (though they did mess up on me not being on the electoral roll, which I had them fix), but then I also checked Clearscore I think and they couldn't even find a record for me. :S

Good luck with the house hunt by the way!