NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Tickets for...

20100916-LAST-TRAIN-HOME.jpg

(an actual train, not the film although that does look interesting).

£8.80 return for my birthday. Bloody price hikes!

meerkat.png

Travel insurance for £3.40.

Not sure whether to get Euros. Everything is paid for so I'll only really spend my own money at the airport and I can use my card.

Bass and Strap:

SR500l.jpg

£460

Was supposed to get this at the end of the month, but the left handed ones are quite hard to find. There's only 3 on Google Shopping, each with 1 in stock. 1 got sold, 1 was £500 and I bought the other.

I picked it up from Surrey since I fancied a drive and I really wanted to look around the shop. It's in a thatched cottage and is totally awesome. I'll be buying all my major music stuff from there in the future, although I don't plan on buying anything any time soon.

A) I can't see a price on the UK one TBH. I'm also confused why it would be listed in a currency we don't use. (I'm not being an ass, just looking for answers)

B) How do you know the petrol is more expensive over there? (Again, not being an ass I'm just very curious....and surprised because the petrol over here is ridiculous these days. €55 to fill up my 1.4 Polo.

A - What? I converted it to Euros just because it was easier than converting all the others to £s. oO What the hell is so hard to understand? It costs 28,285£, which is 33,500€. And I did mention that some don't display the price on the front page, you have to highlight the car's tab and it'll pop up.

B - What do you mean how do I know? I checked it out online... Oo What the hell got into you today? It costs £1,28/litre average over there, here the average is £1,30/litre.

I put $48 dollars into my truck today to fill it up. Approximately 16 gallons (60.5 Liters), though I have a 19 gallon tank (71.92 liters) which would be about an even $60 to fill from empty.

Which, is less than what R_A put into her 35 liter tank.

Bleh you're prices are high. Though I'm in a lower priced area of the country here, well sort of. Michigan is about 20 cents higher than Ohio and I'm right on the border. And I get the higher octane gas at that.

The prices are high everywhere except your continent, pretty much.

The prices are high everywhere except your continent, pretty much.

And yet we still bitch about prices here being high.

I like this.

I like the tag, Topman. It's like wearing that sweater means you're a man...a man on top. Or something like that.

Edited by Nolan

Topman is a HUGE hughstreet men's clothing store. As in, it's in every city/town (probably).

This lovely Levis shirt.

277_13845_0.jpg

£60

Oh, and these.

Bose_QC15_1.jpg

£280

Edited by Caris

I hate Topman, but I like that sweater/jumper/cardi thing.

Cheers bro. It's actually warm too, unlike most of Topman's stuff which looks like it's going to be warm but in actual fact are basically paper thin / too loosely knitted.

I'd like to stick up for the shop though - with student discount it's not actually that bad, better than Urban Outfitters and such, and then vintage or independent stores tend to end up about the same price anyway...

Question, then, where does everyone buy their clothes from?

Last time I bought some clothes (I think it was around October) I got them from George.

For jeans and smart clothes, I'm very middle class and I go to M&S, because I'm cool like that. T-Shirts are from anywhere I like the look of, and smart-casual shirts from anywhere from Primark to River Island. My favourite, best quality shirt was £12 from Primark. Go figure.

Jeans from NEXT, most other stuff from...

River Island, this being my last purchase...

250857_main?extendN=0.10,0.06,0.10,0.13&rgn=0,0,3348,3320&scl=5.928571428571429&id=3s5Nua9CkGupqUoVio2YQb

My last few items of clothing were from Ben Sherman. I don't have a shop that I stick to. I just go round them all looking for something I like until I inevitably find nothing and break down crying.

Most of my jackets are Ben Sherman or French Connection. Most of my t-shirts are Fat face. Not for any particular reason. Only because I went up a size over the summer so had to buy a whole new wardrobe.

H&M and Zara are the only Highstreet clothes shops I can look at (and Primark, for shit clothes). Probably because they feel the least British.

I'm progressively buying more from charity shops, but they're so unreliable that its hard to bank on them.

EDIT: Shop a bit in TKMaxx too. There's diamonds, in so much rough. It's quite good for accessories though. Pants and socks.

Primark FTW!!!

But if I feel like treating myself to higher quality clothes (which isn't often) then its O'Neill, Element, Atticus, Superdry..

The way I see it though, I Want alot of stuff, I mean... alot, Ipod, 3DS, Red Wii, Red DSIXL (just cause they are collectors editions) and also want a huge backlog of games and dvds.

I believe i can achieve my list of wants, if I continue to shop at Primark for my clothing fix. I Can work with that really well, as they have pretty awesome, jeans, t-shirts and hoodies all for grt cheap!

I don't have a place. When I need something I'll look around, generally in the sales. I prefer buying more expensive things less often but for bland blah it's got to be, Uniqlo (although plane stuff is cool from anywhere, really). But Uniqlo, student discount and none of the cheap 'design' crap from places like Topman that I can spot a mile off (Seriously, everyone looks the same. The store is so crowded. It's like a church to conformity).

Superdry hoodies are awesome, I can't really speak for the guys, but it's worth 44quid to get a female hoodie that fits my in length and isn't three sizes too big. Yay! Otherwise primark is a good send recently for knits and jeans from next always.

:D

As it is I bought a jumper from primark today. Woo.

Skinny Jeans from Topman £25

69e29xdstnormal.jpg

Nike Sweet Classic's £39.99 Foot Locker

sweetclassic.png