NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

You've got to hate Limited Editions: I bought mine at launch for £40 and it didn't even come with The Longest Journey.

On the upside I really enjoyed both games, they're still pretty much unsurpassed in terms of presenting realistic, rounded characters. Plus I just discovered I still own Lost Odyssey on the 360 after having a look for Dreamfall.

It runs (i.e. it doesnt crash), but I'm experiencing graphical glitches.. Backgrounds & menus (static images) look fine, but 3D models and the mousepointer don't display properly. I've tried various combinations of compatibility settings, to no avail. But I have my old Windows 98 computer within reach, so I'll see if I can set it up properly and practically.

Don't know if these will be of any help:

http://forums.longestjourney.com/archive/index.php/t-3009.html

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_longest_journey/unplayably_severe_graphics_issue

They did, but not directly ;). I already suspected it was simply adriver issue somehow, so after being reminded of it, I checked my videocard settings again. I've tried entering a checkmark somewhere for a setting which caused me trouble some time ago for a different game.. And it works perfectly! The monitor can stay where it is ;). Fot those curious:

For Ati cards: enter a checkmark for disable Catalyst A.I.

Finally given in and got something from Jack Wills, tis a stripy pink/navy polo top.

Bandwaggon ahoy.

Inspired by his interview on Something For The Weekend?

Both his last two interviews actually' date=' I meant to buy them at [i']each [/i]but was never next to a computer and consciously thinking of it, then someone (Marcamillian?) reminded me in the comedy thread the other day, so I was like "YES!" and ordered it on the spot. (£8.49 from Play, folks)

Yellow-DSi-XL.jpg

professor_layton_lost_future_boxart_europe.jpg&t=1

Excellent entertainment on my latest flight, glad I randomly decided to buy them.

It's one of the recent new colours of the DSi XL, I think they did blue yellow and green just before the Christmas period.

The Sensational Mary Barclay Band...£500

band for my brothers 21st

boy better get me up on stage and thank me infront of everyone!

iPod Touch 64GB.

image2_20100901.jpg#gallery2

Otterbox Defender case for iPod Touch.

apl2-t4gxx-20.jpg

This case is immense. I use an Otterbox on my Blackberry as well and they're hands down the best cases available. It also helped that they gave me it for nothing! plus free shipping from Colorado.

I know this is really really late but i finally decided to get a DS Lite, i never did upgrade from my old fat DS.

Finding a new one was one hell of a challenge though, ever since the DSi XL came in you can't get new ones anywhere. But i found one! White and packaged with brain training (which i'll never play).

Turned the lights off to do a screen comparison to see if the difference really was as great as they said it was and bloody hell, the DS Lite must be 3 times lighter. Old news i know, but i was still impressed.

61Q6G7KTFDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Stolen Babies: There Be Squabbles Ahead

Daft_Punk_Homework_large.jpg

Daft Punk: Homework

00.daft_punk_-_alive_2007_advance.jpg

Daft Punk: Alive

Good man. ---

Discovery is once of my favourite albums, figured it was about time I checked out their earlier stuff. Plus I've been looking at their live stuff on YouTube and I totally need that shit in my life.

Arrested Development Box Set

795857.jpg

£29.29 from HMV.co.uk

I've wanted to own it for ages but it was always so expensive - 50/60 pounds. I think £30 is a lot more justifiable.. basically £10 per season.

It does come down to about £17.99 occassionally if you keep an eye out

DSPhat.jpg

pokemon-soul-silver-box-art.jpg

Reading all the stuff about Black and White and the 3DS made me want these in the meantime. Traded in a few old PS3 games and so got both of these for £50, pretty pleased with it. I was thinking about going all out and getting a DSi from Amazon, but I really don't think I want the features it has :heh:

£29.29 from HMV.co.uk

I've wanted to own it for ages but it was always so expensive - 50/60 pounds. I think £30 is a lot more justifiable.. basically £10 per season.

Really? I don't know where you've been looking, but it's been on Amazon for £27.47 (Where I got it years ago) and £29.99. Either way, prepare to feel "Meh" after watching them.

Finally sold my soul to the devil and got a mobile on contract:

blackberry-curve-8520-3.jpg

(Sadly women not included)

£25 a month for 24 months. With a £100 Tesco gift card (Going to see if I can borrow someone's staff discount card for maximum awesomeness [We have to work there 6 months before we get our own]) All in all it pretty much works out fairly cheap. I spend about £10 a month on my former pay-as-you-go phone, but that was without internet access. It had it but was shite. And wasn't cheap.

ipaul I am jealous I miss my DS Phat. :(

It's not as good as you remember :heh:

Still functional enough to play Pokemans though <3