NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Old films often look great. It's the late 90s/earl 00s that you have to worry about, as they were either filmed digitally and not in HD, or the CGI was really not designed for HD.

Perhaps, but one thing I can never forget was how terrible the fire-through-the-legs moment in the first one. It looked mega tacky/fake on DVD. I shudder to imagine what this could look like in HD blu-ray quality.

nexus-7112.jpg

32GB.

Apparently won't be delivered until next week though :( Contemplating buying one from a shop and returning the delivered one next week. I WANT THINGS NOW!

qRDxG.jpg

Case for my Nexus 7.

Apparently won't be delivered until next week though :(

They're probably busy with all those N4/N10 orders they can't do.

Oh, where from please? I have a feeling that for some bizarre reason those won't be available here for the XL until something stupid like March 2013, plus I'd like to start playing Revelations again asap. :D

Well if you still want one Play Asia sell 'em.

wiiu21.jpg

Finally Gamestop have the Wii U in stock. Should be delivered by the time I get back from Japan.

Just bought that Humble Bundle too. No idea why, i've never going to play any of the games.

I've bought almost every humble bundle and played maybe 1/5 of the games, listened to no soundtracks and read none of the books.

Bought myself an early birthday present last night.

halo4controller._V391766933_.jpg

Thanks to Amazon Prime it will be here between 11.23 and 12.23!

Edited by Shorty

256px-ZombiU_Box_Art_(Final).jpg

nexusdsc05220-1340897858.jpg

chasing-aurora_banner_2.png

Apparently I'd already mentioned the middle one.

Edited by Ashley

You could wait for the 360/PS3 version.

@nightwolf, is that the Note 10.1?

No the 7, I didn't need the 10.1, but my ex-colleague has one and it's pretty much the same. Very nice!

sam0804hl.jpg

sam0810wp.jpg

sam0812p.jpg

sam0815l.jpg

sam0817n.jpg

SEXY AS FUCK. I got it for £174.99 new aswell so Mario Kart is pretty free and I'll get Mario 3D Land for free in January, good stuff.

Apropos the smartphone discussion a couple of pages back, I'm considering getting one, but I have no idea what to go for. Any recommendations?

Apropos the smartphone discussion a couple of pages back, I'm considering getting one, but I have no idea what to go for. Any recommendations?

Samsung Galaxy S3 because they're fucking awesome.

Or a Nexus.

Nexus 4. There's an Android thread in the tech board that can help if you have any specific requirements. (Most people will say Nexus 4)

Edited by Shorty

There is one slight problem with the Nexus 4: Google don't sell it in Denmark. Retailers sell it, but they use LG's price of €599, which is double the price.

And in countries that do sell it...getting your hands on one is pure luck.

There is one slight problem with the Nexus 4: Google don't sell it in Denmark. Retailers sell it, but they use LG's price of €599, which is double the price.

And in countries that do sell it...getting your hands on one is pure luck.

I had wondered about the difference between the price I'd seen online and the price at retailers. But to be honest I was expecting to pay around that price for a smartphone. It seems to be the price range for smartphones in Denmark.

I suppose that compared to other phones in that price range, it's still a brilliant phone.

sam0804hl.jpg

sam0810wp.jpg

sam0812p.jpg

sam0815l.jpg

sam0817n.jpg

SEXY AS FUCK. I got it for £174.99 new aswell so Mario Kart is pretty free and I'll get Mario 3D Land for free in January, good stuff.

These pictures have made me erect.

That's the bundle I am having for Christmas off my parents! :santa:

The white is so much nice than the launch colours we got.

Have fun!! :grin:

I paid £15-something for it and I still felt like a robber, the hell is wrong with you?

I paid about £4 for it. That's £4 more than they would have got otherwise (over $3million, and counting, if you include everyone's ~£4).

dao_ce_360_ntsc_1.jpg

I don't know if I posted it here but I bought this for £7. I remember playing it at my cousin's house years ago and I did the last level for him because he (as well as literally the rest of my family) couldn't do it. I saw it in the shop and remembered liking it so I bought it. I wished I didn't. I played a little bit of it and I don't like it so much. I think I might try and trade it or sell it on or something.

Not so great is it? It's on my small pile of games invisibly labelled "these sucked, leave them in the case".

It's on my small pile of games invisibly labelled "these sucked, leave them in the case".

I'm not sure why you buy games that are so bad you refuse to even play them. Paranoid-animated.gif

Anyway, Dragon Age: Origins is good if you like BioWare RPGs. It's the sequel you should avoid.

I love Mass Effect and Kotor, I thought I would love Dragon Age, seemed a fair bet, I was wrong.

The three other games I own that belong in this list are FFXIII, similar reasoning, as well as GRAW 2 and Blue Dragon, which I got for next to nothing in a deal with the console.

I returned that Halo 4 controller today. It sure was purdy, blue light instead of green, but funnily enough the build quality wasn't up to scratch. I could've tried to ignore it, if I couldn't constantly feel a flaw in the seam between two of the pieces.