NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

compare_hero_ipad_retina.jpg

The latest iPad, the Retina iPad or whatever, 16GB in white. £359 - Fucking A! I love not paying full price. But seriously, how fucking much to apple want to charge for their stupid smart case thing?! Cunts.

Also a Seagate 2TB HDD for £60.

I feel good.

Edited by Daft

That reminds me, I got one of these a few days ago

google-nexus-7-tablet-android-540x334.jpg?1340877300

16GB for £159 (unlike Daft, I had to pay full price for mine). It;s an amazing device, and the size/shape is perfect. Also, the back is seriously the best of any digital device I've held.

Yeah it's sweet. I never feel the back though anymore on account of having it in a case... (the case has a neat stand built into it too for when watching stuff on it).

But yeah, the back was really nice back in the day. Product is sweet, blows any of the iPads out of the water in terms of price and easily holds up to them. The size is just right.

8179l-o52uL._AA1500_.jpg

I already own the trilogy on DVD I always said after I got my BluRay player (I think 3 years ago?) I would not rebuy a film on BluRay if I already have it on DVD.

But I saw this in HMV when I was in Dublin yesterday for just 15euro, that's a fiver per film on BluRay...that added to having passed my exam yesterday I felt I earned a prize :D

What Nexus is that?

I like the look of the KFire, but I guess Nexus' are better?

Nexus is probably best overall, but I wouldn't write off other. In particularly, if you're going to use it mainly for entertainment purposes rather than as a computer, I would seriously consider the Nook HD.

Amazon Black Friday deal. You gotta be quick!

Damn my social life!

Damn my social life!

I think you mean damn you have a job.

Arrived today using free delivery. Seriously, never pay for amazon delivery, the free option comes fast enough.

Arrived today using free delivery. Seriously, never pay for amazon delivery, the free option comes fast enough.

Nah I was off yesterday but out and about.

Depends if it's straight from amazon or fulfilled by them, and even then it depends on the stock, the popularity of the item etc.. I've had plenty of free amazon deliveries take the full quoted time. Same with Ebuyer, you can pay £5 for next day delivery yet most of the time, the free option arrives next day, but it's a long way from guaranteed.

If you really want your Amazon order fast, get Prime :p I ordered some headphones last week at 7pm and they arrived at 10.45am the next day. Since this is the 'what have you bought thread', they were these...

41HenJwRjKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Great for staying on my head while running, and good sound for the low price tag of £20.

Also pre-ordered this when it was down below £60 (plenty of time to cancel if it doesn't look so good in the upcoming months)

gaming_tomb_raider_collectors_edition.jpg

mountain%20dew%20halo.jpg

And with it, won a free copy of this!!

2205897-halo4.jpg

And what's more, the drink is actually really nice.

I once won a PS1 eyetoy from a can of Fanta. Unfortunately I lost the ringpull so I couldn't claim it.

pa.257109.2.jpg

Oh, where from please? I have a feeling that for some bizarre reason those won't be available here for the XL until something stupid like March 2013, plus I'd like to start playing Revelations again asap. :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnWt5R91oWWAY78zI18bEaEe0y1VTIjNJjwHUPICXFRTv3hi-FarM0H0OEqw

I said I'd never get a tablet, but my phone is not a good substitute and I'm finding myself without a working phone a lot now. So..!

I'd like to start playing Revelations again asap. :D

You could wait for the 360/PS3 version.

@nightwolf, is that the Note 10.1?

You could wait for the 360/PS3 version.

True... or the Wii U version (inevitable) but in the meantime I'd love to be able to play it on the original console it was released for, with the control scheme I've become accustomed to. :)

But yeah... in the long run I suppose the home console version will be the way to go when it eventually gets released. :D

8179l-o52uL._AA1500_.jpg

I already own the trilogy on DVD I always said after I got my BluRay player (I think 3 years ago?) I would not rebuy a film on BluRay if I already have it on DVD.

But I saw this in HMV when I was in Dublin yesterday for just 15euro, that's a fiver per film on BluRay...that added to having passed my exam yesterday I felt I earned a prize :D

I love these films, but I've always felt apprehensive about buying older films (even though they're sexy) with blu-ray quality, as the dated special effects will be more obvious and/or look horrible thus ruining the experience.

Sold some stuff on ebay (including the bluray double pack containing Dark Knight and Begins) raised the funds and bought the trilogy pack.

41mIhxDzllL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Not spending money on myself until after Christmas, parents don't mind as i sold stuff to get the above.

Edit: on pre-order it was £32, now it's £25. Sweet.

Edited by Jimbob

I love these films, but I've always felt apprehensive about buying older films (even though they're sexy) with blu-ray quality, as the dated special effects will be more obvious and/or look horrible thus ruining the experience.

Old films often look great. It's the late 90s/earl 00s that you have to worry about, as they were either filmed digitally and not in HD, or the CGI was really not designed for HD.