NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

PhotoGuard.jpg

Considering my camera gear is now worth more that I've ever spent on a car, I figure it's best I insure it. £9 a month isn't bad I guess.

New Spartacus is pretty good but it takes a little bit to get used to him.

Anyway I just bought the Spartacus: Gods of the Arena bluray.

Oh shit I forgot it started already... somehow I got confused and thought it was in April with Game of Thrones.... has Sky One started showing it too?

Oh shit I forgot it started already... somehow I got confused and thought it was in April with Game of Thrones.... has Sky One started showing it too?

I download the episodes so I have no idea if they have started showing the new season over here yet.

Two nights on the Santa Monica beach front, part of the road trip - $600.

sicla_shorehotel_30_111028.jpg

Finally caved and bought this relaxing title:

pilotwings-resort-3ds-boxart.jpg

No games for me for a while. :p I felt it was missing from my 3DS line up. :D

lana-del-rey-born-to-die-608x608.jpg

Was gonna get the deluxe for £14 at HMV but then I prefer £9 for the standard at Sainsbury's. I'll just buy the bonus tracks as downloads. Even though I just found out you're tricked into having to buy them on iTunes exclusively, for a pound each.

Good work @Paj\!

It's amazing. Particularly 'Million Dollar Man', 'National Anthem', 'Summertime Sadness', 'This Is What Makes Us Girls' - I could go on, they're all so good :heh:

Just finished first listen and was expecting worse based on the reviews it's got - I really liked it. I think people were expecting some masterpiece thing...which I wasn't. I never really got why musicblogpeople were SO excited by her. I liked the sound of her and bought her album but wasn't awaiting the second coming.

I love the little melody in the chorus to National Anthem, reminds me of Metric/Emily Haines. And Summertime Sadness stands out too. The other ones I hadn't heard need to sink in.

Million Dollar Man does make me miss Fiona Apple though. It sounds like an imitation of Apple's impeccable voice (not to be negative about Lana's song). If you haven't checked Apple out already Aneres, do it NOW! She's much more of a genuine "talent" than Del Rey...first album was written and recorded before she was 18...which is mind-blowing. Sounds like a middle-aged woman reflecting on her life. There've been a lot of comparisons between the two in terms of sound/mystique of late. Apple is better though. ;) But hasn't done anything for years.

Edited by Paj!

Yeah some of the songs can take a while to grab you - I was like that with all of her 'singles' but once they got me I was totally hooked.

For some bizarre reason, 'Million Dollar Man' reminds me of Spice Girls 'Too Much' haha.

I love how each song is like her own little Hollywood Movie, with her being the star of course, and all of the references to the old style glamour and fashion.

I personally don't get the negative reviews, whether it's because I am totally taken by her and just refuse to hear the negative I don't know lol. But I find her fascinating, and think it's an album that's difficult not to get taken in by.

Glad you're enjoying it though! Be good to here more views once you've had a few more listens!

51thPqu5sfL.jpg

To keep any moisture out of my camera bag. Will be saving the packets I normally throw away from now on as well.

Even though I just found out you're tricked into having to buy them on iTunes

What a horrible, horrible evil plan!

What a horrible, horrible evil plan!

iTunes is the most expensive digital retailer - I usually get all my songs from Play or Amazon. It's like 10p difference but I'd rather have it.

Fuck price. It's iTunes. It's like the software equivalent of being made to enjoy crabs.

1319096791-00.jpg

Decided to buy Gears of War 3 yesterday after trading in some games and wow, it was worth it! I knew it would be anyway because I played the beta but everything is just fantastic, easily one of the best games I've ever played. Looking forward to finishing the story.

Fuck price. It's iTunes. It's like the software equivalent of being made to enjoy crabs.

Exactly! And we all know what can happen if you don't properly read the terms and conditions.

All these years, I've just been eating them.

I was looking for information on how long they last and I found an FAQ on them from a supplier:

My cat, dog, child, wife, husband or myself just ate the desiccant, should I be worried?

No. The desiccants are non-toxic and you should not have any ill effects. As always if you are having symptoms seek medical attention.

If it's not harmful, why do you put "do not eat" on the packets?

Because it's not food.

iTunes is the most expensive digital retailer - I usually get all my songs from Play or Amazon. It's like 10p difference but I'd rather have it.

The quality of the MP3s on Amazon is better too. At least it was when I made the switch to them from iTunes. iTunes may have caught up, I don't know. I don't care either, iTunes can go do one.

3 tickets to go see

NewOrder10PR011111.jpg

at the 02 Apollo in Manchester this April.

Missed out on their London gig last year due to it being a tiny venue and opportunists who purchased them only to put them ebay within 5 mins at two and three times the price.

And whilst the venues are bigger for this tour, they still disappeared withing 10 mins tops so I'm glad I managed to get some.

3 tickets to go see

NewOrder10PR011111.jpg

at the 02 Apollo in Manchester this April.

Missed out on their London gig last year due to it being a tiny venue and opportunists who purchased them only to put them ebay within 5 mins at two and three times the price.

And whilst the venues are bigger for this tour, they still disappeared withing 10 mins tops so I'm glad I managed to get some.

My super-sleuthing tells me that this is New Order. Am i right?

Of course I am. Meine Mittelname ist Sherlock!

My super-sleuthing tells me that this is New Order. Am i right?

Of course I am. Meine Mittelname ist Sherlock!

Sure is! I consider them to be the best band of all time and thought I'd never get a chance to see them life after they disbanded... again and Bernard went on to do Bad Lieutenant.

I know Peter Hook isn't playing, and some will say it's not the "real" New Order because of it, but I don't care about that.