NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

71PBLHzzhIL._AC_SY879_.jpg

Typical I order this the day after saying I can't remember the last time I bought a game at launch due to costs! Managed to get the digital version a bit cheaper with some discounted PSN store top up cards so that softened the blow a bit. I just found myself really in the mood for some janky, dumb wrasslin and until the AEW game comes out, this is it.

Got myself the new Kindle Scribe in the Amazon sale. I'm getting back into manga at the moment and the larger screen will be perfect for that. I still plan to buy the nicer hardback editions of some manga but there are just so many others that I'd like to read that I just don't have the space for in a physical collection. I also take a lot more notes than I used to for work so I plan to switch to the scribe for that.

amazon-kindle-scribe_bfyh.3840.jpg

• Like 2

I thought that was one of those ReMarkable things which I've seen pop up all over the net recently, which I was initially interested in, but then it turned out you needed a subscription thing to keep the connectivity stuff going.

1 hour ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I thought that was one of those ReMarkable things which I've seen pop up all over the net recently, which I was initially interested in, but then it turned out you needed a subscription thing to keep the connectivity stuff going.

Yeah I'd been tempted by the Remarkable before as it seems to have much better features for note taking but the Kindle side won out for me. I think you might have to side load books onto the Remarkable.

From what I've read the Scribe isn't amazing feature-wise yet on the note taking side but it's already getting updates to fix some of that so I expect it'll get there. 

Bought another cat! We get her in three weeks. We're calling her Dax.

jB9NtzS.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cube said:

Bought another cat! We get her in three weeks. We're calling her Dax.

jB9NtzS.jpg

Just did that myself and if we could rename her we'd narrowed it down to Dax or Ezri. In the end she'd had her current name from a previous home and already responded to it so we didn't change it.

4kGKi38.jpg

Some figures (well, they were bought for me). Got a couple left to collect.

• Like 4

uk-oled-s95b-qe55s95batxxu-535270246?$65

Got a new TV, 55" Samsung S95B. Wanted something that had 120hz so I could start taking more advantage of this gen of consoles. Never had an oled either so I'm looking forward to watching some 4k movies on this thing.

Flights / Campsite / Lederhosen for Oktoberfest.

I did enquire with many friends if they were interested in going, alas unfortunately was met with a few refusals and mostly silence. So I'm going solo. I'm sick of using my annual leave and just monging about at home (or usually doing a big clean of floors etc). Wanna get some culture n' shit.

A shit-ton of beer wouldn't be so bad either.

• Like 1

Untitled.png

Ticket to see 'em live in Cologne, Feb 2024!

Can't wait. Their new album is incredible.

• Like 1

corsair-tm30-thermal-paste-review.jpg1076903-957345-800.jpg

More dedditated wam for mai server. Also some thermal paste. Haven't replaced the paste since I built the PC 2 years ago.

Edited by martinist
  • Like 1

I've shifted my movie collection to the iTunes store lately after getting sick of not being able to find movies on streaming and space issues with blu-rays. Overnight they discounted a load of Jackie Chan movies so of course I had to get them all, some being double dips. Also grabbed Riki-oh as I hear that's nuts. Only thing that's a shame at the moment is that they don't have the Eureka releases so things like Police Story I have to stick with my blu-rays for now.

53d3SRq.png

• Like 1

steam_deck_refurbished_1360px.png

Thank you Counter Strike: Global Offensive for financing this :D

64GB model refurbished!

Now to wait for Black Friday/Christmas sales for some equipment (SSD, cover, etc).

• Like 2

My Steam Deck is on its way (via GLS - they've been known to steal packages with Steam Decks...fingers crossed it'll arrive here without any issues).
And of course it was time to order some equipment :D

61sHxaB5BXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg71wJhJe7dTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg71QnnENJ60L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Looks fancy.

Is this the machine to finally retire your Vita?

If it does everything the internet promised me, then yeah.
I think I've played all the games I've wanted to play on my Vita and sadly the 12 year old device is not powerful enough for my current emulation needs :(

capsule_616x353.jpgBrotato-Steam-pcgh_b2article_artwork.jpg

For the Steam Deck, because these games are on sale now.

And so it begins...the myriad of games that I will buy on Steam :D

Edited by drahkon

-pre-order-call-of-duty-mwiii-ps5--3794-p.jpg?w=1000&h=1000&v=CA2321A4-42C1-4C75-93ED-51B18D2D694B

Yes, every year I'm part of the problem :p
But I played the MP beta and loved it. And as usual, my mate's getting a copy, too, so at least 300h of fun will be had. :D

We just bought a treadmill for our garage gym. Got it Tuesday but haven't had the time to assemble it yet. My wife wanted one for training after giving birth so she wouldn't have to dress up for a really short run. She can then combine it with our waterrower and weight equipment for some effecient exercise during winter season, while staying close to our daughter. 

We also held my daughters baptism recently, and an electrician just finished upgrading lights in our home. 

So yeah, a lot of money has just been spent! 

• Like 1

So as I was explaining in a recent post, I was putting up with a bad 4G connection in my flat. I then got a router on Amazon. A white Huawei one, for a little over 50 quid. The more expensive ones are possibly better, as they come with two rods.

However, it didn't really make any difference from what I could see. In fact, to even get a decent signal, I have to put it on the ledge in my living room. I had been doing this with my phone anyway.

The highest I got was about 13 MBPS, but just the once. Normally it's only able to gain 3 to 9, depending on where it's positioned. No other spot in my flat gave me a good enough result.

I feel like I wasted my cash, to be honest. But oh well. Experiments are still interesting...