NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

devil-may-cry-5-special-edition-ps5.jpg81fypNGG2uL._SL1500_.jpg

First gaming purchase this year is pretty early...

Ordered two copies of Far Cry 6. One for my mate, one for me. PS4 version with free PS5 upgrade was 10 bucks cheaper than PS5 copies. ::shrug: Also: Thanks to a "buy 2, get 3" offer in a local store I'll get DMC5 SE for free :D
So all in all: 21€ for both games.

6 hours ago, drahkon said:

devil-may-cry-5-special-edition-ps5.jpg

Let me know how you find this. I bought this also but am waiting to complete Immortals Fenyx Rising* first

*If only Breath of the Wild was this fun...

• Like 1

Last year I backed the Kickstarter type program that Hasbro set up for a replica of the Proton pack from Ghostbusters. It arrived last night:

FmNeS2VWAAALwqJ?format=jpg&name=large

I've never really been interested in props before, but a year or so ago I bought the neutrona-wand and then for whatever reason I felt like buying this for myself as well. It's really well made and really does look like its straight out of the films. It came in a huge box with a few other goodies:

FmNU5dIXEBQanrB?format=jpg&name=large

FmSI7_vXEAIDHsu?format=jpg&name=large

FmSI7_2WIAgwwKS?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 6

Sadly not the actual one (if this doesn't load as an image is because getting the link blows on a new phone) but tickets to see Delta in Birmingham in May

I bought myself a guitar, yes I'm hitting my midlife crisis a little bit early. I had an electric guitar when I was a teenager but I never wanted to take lessons, I just wanted to learn the tabs of my favourite riffs from my favourite songs, but I never got any good at it. I always thought I'd be able to just follow video lessons, but the internet was also still fairly young then and YouTube was barely off the ground. Such a thing didn't really exist then... but it does now.

I sold my guitar and sold my amp when I moved house 2.5 years ago....... hell I didn't even keep my strap, and I gave my cool pedal to a friend. And so now I decide I want to pick it back up... I have to buy everything again.

Along with a discount yearly sub of the "Justin Guitar" app -- I'm putting some effort in for 2023, so far I've practiced 20-60 mins every day for the 31 days since it was delivered.

Also if you know guitars, don't ask me which guitar I got, cos you'll shake your head at me for spending so much as a beginner (but I did get 20% off)

I'm posting about this here because I want to be held accountable for this and check back on my progress in 2024.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Shorty said:

I bought myself a guitar, yes I'm hitting my midlife crisis a little bit early. I had an electric guitar when I was a teenager but I never wanted to take lessons, I just wanted to learn the tabs of my favourite riffs from my favourite songs, but I never got any good at it. I always thought I'd be able to just follow video lessons, but the internet was also still fairly young then and YouTube was barely off the ground. Such a thing didn't really exist then... but it does now.

I sold my guitar and sold my amp when I moved house 2.5 years ago....... hell I didn't even keep my strap, and I gave my cool pedal to a friend. And so now I decide I want to pick it back up... I have to buy everything again.

Along with a discount yearly sub of the "Justin Guitar" app -- I'm putting some effort in for 2023, so far I've practiced 20-60 mins every day for the 31 days since it was delivered.

Also if you know guitars, don't ask me which guitar I got, cos you'll shake your head at me for spending so much as a beginner (but I did get 20% off)

I'm posting about this here because I want to be held accountable for this and check back on my progress in 2024.

You'll probably hit more progress than me and my sax. And I've had Benny for about 6 years

I got one of those fancy "no controller" controllers for Xbox. Oh, and some Wii U Olympic Mario & Sonic games.

FpASH3oX0AQECpu?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did some shopping!

PXL-20230222-131246471.jpg

Public bathrooms don't have hand drying facilities so everyone carries their own hand towel and I needed one.

PXL-20230222-131256714.jpg

All the bullet train tickets are paper and I wanted a little thing to keep them in.

PXL-20230222-131301373.jpg

I don't need another tote bag but I did need this tote bag

• Like 4

maxresdefault.jpg

I originally tried going through this normally, and could only manage about 3-4 areas in before getting shafted because I was always so weak and enemies had too much health. Then I discovered the Assist Mode and discovered what they were showing you in the videos of the Prisoner just slaughtering everyone like Arnie in Commando. At that point I found it far me enjoyable and got to the end.

Went to the Kirby cafe yesterday and came away with some swag

PXL-20230308-072523994.jpg

Also ended picking up a Rick plush from the store itself after taking this photo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Went to the Kirby cafe yesterday and came away with some swag

PXL-20230308-072523994.jpg

Also ended picking up a Rick plush from the store itself after taking this photo.

Have you got the two CD soundtracks from Kirby Cafe?

s-l640.jpg

I have them both, they're great!  Would love to go to the actual cafe myself one day!

Edited by Dcubed

The music in the cafe was nice but it's 2023 and I don't own a CD player

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ashley said:

The music in the cafe was nice but it's 2023 and I don't own a CD player

Yes, 2023 it'd be vinyl again

2 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Yes, 2023 it'd be vinyl again

Until I gave them to a friend in 2020 when I went travelling (attempt #1) I did actually own several vinyls without anything to play them on. 

• Like 1

On 05/01/2023 at 11:45 PM, drahkon said:

BlmZA1q0foctr8IIDE6LcSXiuYnWtSGS.pngheader.jpg?t=1600179581TheSolitaireConspiracy_cover.png

For a whooping 3,37€ :D

How far did you get on NOTHING?? It's hard as nails, at least it is for me and my slow reactions lol

On 15/02/2023 at 11:51 AM, Cube said:

I got one of those fancy "no controller" controllers for Xbox. Oh, and some Wii U Olympic Mario & Sonic games.

FpASH3oX0AQECpu?format=jpg&name=large

Sonic Riders was quite the workout from what I remember! And I hope you have a blast on Rio, that for me is by far the best MASO game. I wish they'd release a full-game version of Rugby. Also the setting on the peach is pure bliss. Omg, and the parades! God, I wish it was 2016 again.

43 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

Sonic Riders was quite the workout from what I remember! And I hope you have a blast on Rio, that for me is by far the best MASO game. I wish they'd release a full-game version of Rugby. Also the setting on the peach is pure bliss. Omg, and the parades! God, I wish it was 2016 again.

My full thoughts are in this thread: https://forum.n-europe.com/topic/39432-cube-tries-to-play-almost-every-sonic-game/?page=7

But in short, I did not like it at all. Rugby was decent. The 3DS version was better due to a really good Golf event.

5 hours ago, Josh64 said:

How far did you get on NOTHING?? It's hard as nails, at least it is for me and my slow reactions lol

Got the Platinum, so I did it all (I did, however, use a glitch to get the hardest trophy which normally has you run through pretty much the entire game without dying).

Took me quite a while to complete all levels. Spread it out over a few days 'cause I got frustrated pretty quickly at times.

Edited by drahkon

On 10/03/2023 at 11:20 AM, bob said:

How many wrists does this man have!?

Bayonetta style.. one on each wrist and ankle.