NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

MSI-GeForce-RTX-3070-Gaming-Z-Trio-LHR.j

I snapped and bought it. Close to £600 Now i just need to buy new fans and RAM.

• Like 4

61iSGlq1teL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Why not give this smart home thing a try. Not much I'll be able to do in my small room, though :D 

ASUS-ZenBook-Duo-14-UX482EG-HY089T.jpg

Bought an Asus Zenbook Duo 14 in the Amazon Prime Day sale. I like my current laptop but I'd regretted not going for a 13 or 14 inch device as my Razer Blade 15 was just too big and heavy to comfortably take out of the house. Found someone to buy my Razer pretty quickly to fund this which was helpful. 

On 14/07/2022 at 6:26 AM, Happenstance said:

Bought an Asus Zenbook Duo 14 in the Amazon Prime Day sale. I like my current laptop but I'd regretted not going for a 13 or 14 inch device as my Razer Blade 15 was just too big and heavy to comfortably take out of the house. Found someone to buy my Razer pretty quickly to fund this which was helpful. 

Fucking Amazon. This was due today along with a few other extras for it, 2 stops away and I get a message saying all the orders had been cancelled and when I check the tracking details it claims that I refused delivery 🤬

• Weird 1

Google-Buds-Pro-India-1024x576.jpg

Got a preorder in for the new Pixel Buds Pro. I love my Sony's but I bounce between devices a lot and they tend to struggle, something in the controls breaks so I have to keep them only paired with my phone. The multipoint connection with the Pixel Pros should fix that. Plus I'd always heard good things about the Pixel Buds, they were just missing features like ANC which are a requirement for me these days so now they've got it I'm interested to try them out.

Let me know what you think. 

I have some Sony in ears but stopped using them a month or two ago as one ear lasted an hour (the other was more normal).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Let me know what you think. 

I have some Sony in ears but stopped using them a month or two ago as one ear lasted an hour (the other was more normal).

Will do.

My Sony WF-1000xm4's are great and to be honest I don't expect the Pixel Buds Pro to top them audio-wise but as I said they just had this weird issue where if you swapped them between devices too much you would start getting phantom presses on the controls so music was pausing and playing constantly. As soon as I stopped using them across multiple devices it stopped.

I expect I'll probably keep the Sony's for use at home with just my tablet then use the Pixels as my out and about bud for phone and laptop use.

Edited by Happenstance

Just bought this, the Game Boy Operator that allows you to play GB, GBC and GBA carts on PC. Figured it would be a great tool for streaming some classic games like some of my old Pokemon Games.gb-operator.large.jpg

• Like 4

On 25/07/2022 at 3:23 PM, Happenstance said:

Went on another EDC/Tech Bag kick and updated some of my stuff this weekend:

Has this tech pouch started getting a refresh every summer now?

On 25/07/2022 at 3:36 PM, Emerald Emblem said:

Just bought this, the Game Boy Operator that allows you to play GB, GBC and GBA carts on PC. Figured it would be a great tool for streaming some classic games like some of my old Pokemon Games.

Nice one. Hope your audience enjoys that!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Has this tech pouch started getting a refresh every summer now?

Not necessarily, I just had a few things I wanted to swap out like the higher capacity charger to go with my new laptop now I'm back on usb c charging so I thought I'd order a few of the less important things that sat on my wishlist all year at the same time.

On 21/07/2022 at 7:41 AM, Happenstance said:

Google-Buds-Pro-India-1024x576.jpg

@Ashley

These arrived today so I've had a few hours to play around with them. So far they seem really good. Nice and comfortable, strong bluetooth signal with no disconnects and walking around my house the signal stayed constant, the multipoint is working well and it's bouncing between my phone and laptop no problem. The only things I think they lack in (at least in comparison to my Sonys) is ANC and audio customisation. The ANC is still very good but I'd gotten used to the crazy amounts that the Sony would block out and I would just like to see some kind of equaliser options available for them in the future because at the moment there's nothing. As I know the original Pixel Buds and last year's Pixel Buds A at least have Bass Boost I assume it will be coming to these in a future update. The audio quality itself is good but just a little flat maybe.

EDIT: Oh and one last thing I just realised I agree with after watching someone's youtube review is that while the fit is comfortable, because the bud design doesn't have too many defining features to it, it can be a bit hard to line everything up correctly in your ear straight away which can affect the seal etc. Hopefully just something I'll get used to with time.

Edited by Happenstance

Yvn5axZpNfH8FFi2hUaV5PEN.png

Playing the game right now thanks to PS+. Found out there's this DLC which gives a few buffs and some other optional stuff.
Most importantly: The proceeds go to the Humane Society International charity. Well worth the 2 bucks :) 

I'm at the Pokémon World Championships now. And there's a Pokémon Center here. Naturally, with Galar being the focus, I went in hoping to score some Inteleon and Toxtricity swag, but had to keep myself to a limit.

First of all, there was Toxtricity swag. And it's really awesome!

FaceZaSWYAEBKf-?format=jpg&name=large

Yep, I want a Toxtricity Skateboard! I don't skate, but I want one.

Pity it's 200 quid... That picture will just have to suffice.

Anyway, no other merch of that Pokémon, so settled on Inteleon instead.

Facd2kxWIAEYjPT?format=jpg&name=large

Perfect! Mission complete! Let's get out of here before I find something too irresistible...

Facd4CvXoAAwSa3?format=jpg&name=large

Well, bugger it all! They got me! It's a Kecleon plush. Specifically, the Kecleon from Mystery Dungeon! That's so bloody niche! There's no way it wasn't there just to sucker punch me into spending more then I planned! This place is evil!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weird 1

I got an LENOVO IdeaPad Duet 3i to try as something I can use to work from the hospital. 

Lenovo-IdeaPad-Duet-3i-2-in-1-Tablet-03.

I thought that a full Windows tablet/laptop with detachable bluetooth keyboard for £120 was too good to be true, but decided to give it a try (if not, I would have to lug around a massive all in one PC. To my surprise, it worked amazingly well for the web work I needed to do, and I actually found it quicker to use due to the touch screen. I updated it to Windows 11 straight away. 

It won't do anything too complex, but for what I needed, it was a bargain. A friend wanted one for themselves, but the price is now £299. Looks like I got it at the perfect time. 

Phone was due an upgrade, so I swapped from my Sony Xperia 5 II to a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.Samsung S22 Ultra Price - Buy Now | Samsung Levant

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Just a reminder @martinist (and anyone else!), but the 3DS and Wii U eShops aren't closing just yet (they won't until March 2023). 

While you won't be able to add funds via card (which happened back in May) or eShop voucher (which is what is happening now/in the next day or so) directly to your 3DS or Wii U, you will still be able to add funds via a Switch or the eShop website, so long as your consoles are linked to the same account :peace:

• Thanks 1

Ordered a few recent Steam releases:

Cult of the Lamb on SteamSoul Hackers 2 Steam Key for PC - Buy now

These games I got in Fanaticals Mystery game bundles that cost £1.79 for 2 games, unfortunately already had one game (The Escapists)
Neon Abyss on SteamSave 50% on Intravenous on SteamThe Flame in the Flood στο Steam

19 minutes ago, Emerald Emblem said:

Ordered a few recent Steam releases:

Soul Hackers 2 Steam Key for PC - Buy now

Thinking about getting that myself. Just waiting a week or so for people to properly test it on Steam Deck. I've seen a bit of footage but I'd rather wait for a bit more.

• Like 1

My 12 year old backpack is falling apart so I bought a new one. Also bought a small travel/sports bag for when I visit my family or friends, and a sponge bag (?) to complete the setup:

71lwqvwa9DL._AC_SL1500_.jpg712CdRIWvhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg81k8dNNa6gL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Aaaaand some knives:

71ID83maIBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thanks to Amazon I got 20€ off the whole order :D 

Edited by drahkon

On 14/07/2022 at 6:26 AM, Happenstance said:

Thought I might post an update on this as I did manage to get Amazon to send out a replacement after the fuck up in my previous post.

Despite actually really liking the second screen for multi tasking I don't think I would buy a laptop in this style again. The mouse pad location is less of an issue than I thought but the keyboard is just way too low to be comfortable. I'm typing on it now and I wouldn't be able to do too much writing before I had to stop. Got to pull my hands back too far and leave them in uncomfortable positions. I'll be sticking with the laptop for a year or so unless I manage to find someone who wanted to buy it but I'd have to go back to a regular keyboard position in the future. Such a shame as well as I love interesting technology that mixes things up and this certainly does that. It's one of the reasons I love my foldable phone so much as well.

unnamed.jpg

Early birthday present: Ticket for the concert in Cologne. :D 

Royal Blood as special guests is amazing. Can't wait :bouncy: