NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

I need to wear "sturdy boots" for my upcoming motorcycle lessons and as I don't have any, I figured I'd just go ahead and order actual motorcycle boots. Wanted a more casual look, so went with these. All the reviews said they feel as sturdy and well protected as bigger boots, so hopefully they'll be good.

richa_boots-leather_krazy-horse_brown.jp

15 minutes ago, Goafer said:

I need to wear "sturdy boots" for my upcoming motorcycle lessons and as I don't have any, I figured I'd just go ahead and order actual motorcycle boots. Wanted a more casual look, so went with these. All the reviews said they feel as sturdy and well protected as bigger boots, so hopefully they'll be good.

Did you end up getting other stuff like a jacket etc?

17 minutes ago, Goafer said:

If you're not singing "these boots are made for motorcycling" while wearing them we can't be friends any more

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Did you end up getting other stuff like a jacket etc?

Nah. Doing it entirely nude apart from the boots. They'll give me a pass out of sheer awkwardness.

The actual reason is they just said sturdy boots and jeans for the course. They provide the rest, so I'll buy it all afterwards, just in case I end up hating it (or failing miserably).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goafer said:

I didn't say I was going to wear a hat...

Yeah unfortunately that was the only motorbike photo I had in my “naked men riding vehicles” collection so had to go with it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Yeah unfortunately that was the only motorbike photo I had in my “naked men riding vehicles” collection so had to go with it.

Google has some.

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

Google has some.

Be sure to include "vehicles" otherwise you're going to get a range of results.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3M2uBpV-ftQtMx-P1Uh5

Was planning on buying the rest of my motorcycle stuff after I passed and just using the loan stuff from the training place, but I decided to at least buy a helmet beforehand for two reasons:

1: Covid.

2: I have a massive head and didn't want to risk them not having one that fits.

I've not technically bought this yet, as I've reserved it and am off to try it on tomorrow. The measurements check out though.

Edited by Goafer

3 minutes ago, Goafer said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3M2uBpV-ftQtMx-P1Uh5

Was planning on buying the rest of my motorcycle stuff after I passed and just using the loan stuff from the training place, but I decided to at least buy a helmet beforehand for two reasons:

1: Covid.

2: I have a massive head and didn't want to risk them not having one that fits.

I've not technically bought this yet, as I've reserved it and am off to try it on tomorrow. The measurements check out though.

How much does that cost?

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

How much does that cost?

The helmet or my massive head?

The helmet is about £70. It's one of the cheaper ones available, but it has decent safety ratings (as far as I can tell) and I liked the design. I didn't go too cheap though, as the £40 ones seemed too cheap to be reassuring.

I also didn't want to spend too much beforehand, as I still might end up terrified of going 60mph balanced on an engine with wheels.

Another day, another chunk of savings that will be leaving me. At least this was what the savings were for I guess.

Edited by Goafer
  • Like 1

This is on sale for a tenner on the PSN store, so I bought it.

icon0.png

I've been really enjoying it so far. It's a roguelike with cel-shaded graphics; basically a quirky comic book-style FPS where you go room by room through spaceships strewn across a galaxy.

It's funny how it's the cheaper games these days that tend to be the most enjoyable ones, at least for me.

On 12/01/2022 at 3:08 PM, Ashley said:

AVvXsEio43b09ADegtvodaoEWAeBjCtqnQb7j2BS

Wireless stand for my phone.

When I ordered the phone there was some promo to get Bose headphones as a redemption offer but by the time I got round to redeeming they had to offer a different version and gave a £50 voucher for the store so ended up just paying £19.

I've been after something similar, what's the stand? :)

Some shizzle from 3DS eShop before they close. I had £9 on my balance it seemed, but had to buy another voucher, because paying exact price for stuff is crazy apparently.

Oracleofseasons.jpg

Oracleofages.jpg

39092-donkey-kong-game-boy-front-cover.j

And this was at a boombastic discount, under £4

harvest-moon-3d-the-tale-of-two-towns-co

So now I've got £6 left on balance and I dunno what to get. Maybe the second Boxboy game or something... any recommendations?

Got an LG G1 OLED TV for our new place. Comes on Friday but will need to wait a while to get it installed properly. Can’t wait to finally have a decent TV again.

jLxaNaD.jpeg

• Like 1

Bought myself a pair of USD Aeon 60 Basic skates with a Reign V3 Liner… getting back into skating after 20+ years of not having skated.

Can’t wait to get back to the skatepark but not looking forward to the bruises and bumps! :laughing:

(I bought a helmet, knee pads and wrist guards too)
R.d128384f5a402057ff8c2a2ece7159a6?rik=5

Reign-v3-white_1024x1024.jpg?v=164269130

Actual footage of Kav at the skatepark shortly after:

• Haha 1

Bought some shoes and some bananas.

shoes.png

(hiking shoes, regular everyday sneakers, climbing shoes, and over the last month or so. The bananas are shoe deoderisers)

There was a clearance sale at work so I picked up a couple of things. First of all a load of ethernet cables, so now I have a wired connection in almost every room in the house. Oh the stability!

I also got a cheap Google Nest Hub. I already have a Google Home speaker in the house, and this is a nice addition with the built-in display. I'm quite surprised by how decent the image quality is on it. It's currently sitting on my work desk playing concert videos from YouTube.

google-nest-hub.jpg

Finally I picked up a second-hand DJI Osmo Mobile 2 gimbal. More as a try-out to see if we can make our band's DIY videoclips a bit more professional and interesting.

dji-osmo-mobile-2-1000x1000.jpg

Decided it was time to upgrade from my iPad Pro 2018 and wanted to move away from the Apple ecosystem as it was my last device with them so just ordered the Samsung S8 Ultra. Massive screen at 14.6" so that may take some getting used to.

galaxy-tab-s8-ultra-lead.jpg

• Like 2

sony-dualsense-wireless-controller-midni

Technically my sister's boyfriend bought this for me.
He asked me if I took advantage of Sony's Days of Play sale but I don't have the money right now. So he decided to order this for me as a gift :) He's a swell guy :D 

• Like 3