NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

I finally got round to sorting mine out the other day and they've run out so offered another model (forget which) and a £50 store voucher so I guess I'll be getting the wireless charger when that comes through

I would have preferred the £50 voucher, honestly. They gave a lot more freebies last year with the Pixel 5.

7 minutes ago, Ike said:

I would have preferred the £50 voucher, honestly. They gave a lot more freebies last year with the Pixel 5.

CEX are currently offering £120 cash (well, PayPal/bank transfer) for the headphones.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Cube said:

CEX are currently offering £120 cash (well, PayPal/bank transfer) for the headphones.

Nice. Might see if my dad is interested, otherwise will probably take them to CEX. Hopefully the price won't tank before then.

157961-phones-review-hands-on-samsung-ga

Finally ordered the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 as it got a nice discount today for Black Friday on the Samsung store. Can’t wait to start using it. This will also be replacing my kindle most likely.

Welp...I went a little nuts with the new PSN sale :D 

maxresdefault.jpg

GIJCv8fRTIXYpzMtOrjg2tGc.png

EGS_Blasphemous_TheGameKitchen_S1_2560x1440-835dffe866c8152cbf7c690abe9f627f

maxresdefault.jpg

F.I.S.T. also has a PS5 version. :peace: 

Edited by drahkon

Picked up a few things before Christmas to improve my wfh setup:

71iyeNLzUKS._AC_SX679_.jpg

A stream deck to make things a little more efficient. Haven't had time to set it up properly yet but even just doing a few basics of turning things on and off it's been pretty good.

41M71WqeN3S._AC_SX679_.jpg

A mic arm, which I didn't have a long enough USB cable to start using yet, but should tidy things up nicely once I do.

61K2nXUU3UL._AC_SX679_.jpg

A key light so I don't look like I'm sat in a cave when I'm on calls.

51jWXzvbutS._AC_SX679_.jpg

A mounting arm so I don't need to balance my camera on a pile of whatever I've found around me to get it to the right height.

• Like 2

Also picked up a few bits more recently:

R03877357_DARKBEIGE_M?$PDP_M_ZOOM$

Some nice gloves to keep my poor hands warm in this cold weather.

GJZM_028994B4-720E-4E97-BFCE-5DEDBD3814D4_large.jpg

A HomePod to eventually use to run my smart home, but for now just to use as a nice Apple Music player.

FHsykIdaIAcVSyc1-910x1024.jpg

The Sonic lego set as I love lego and I love Sonic.

Made my first Ebay purchase right before Christmas. The item is something very niche, basically an original "L-bracket" for my Canon SLR.

Just mainly wanted to mention that my first Ebay purchase was a positive experience, I know it can be risky, but I also believe it's actually generally a bigger risk for sellers.

Again, item is very niche so I didn't have a lot of options, there were none for sale on out own national markeplace website. There were 2 sellers within Europe, chose the best looking one, checked the seller reviews. There was no bidding option, but there was an option to make an alternate offer on the price. Auto rejected the first, accepted the 2nd, saved 5 euros haha. Quickly payed as  the offer was accepted while I was still figuring out the site, and the item was shipped shortly after Christmas, and it arrived before New Year's Eve from Austria, so all in all a very quick shipment considering it was during the holiday season.

I don't think I'd use Ebay if I want to sell something, I want to keep things local, only offer pickup, and only accept cash.

• Thanks 1

I finally bought a Switch. I want to travel a bit more and it would be nice to be able to take a console with me when I do.

Went with the white oled model, as my girlfriend bought the blue and red oled model and I didn't want to be outdone, but also didn't want the same colour. Didn't like the white version in photos, but saw a video and it looked much better. I actually quite like it in person.

Here it is next to another handsome white console.

PSX-20220104-180038.jpg

• Like 1

Went a bit nuts the other day and ordered some new stuff as I want to travel more but also needed to be able to use it all for daily carry as well (the bag is expandable so should be good for both). The water bottle is one of those self cleaning ones to satisfy my techy needs and get me to drink more water.

400q-01_116615.pngGadgets01.jpg61KKgyKqV2L._AC_SX450_.jpgheroclip-large.jpg51JKI4jzxLL._AC_SL1066_.jpg9563469_R_Z001A?w=750&h=440&qlt=70

And then a Switch game as I was in the mood to try playing it again.

diamondbox.jpg

2 hours ago, Goafer said:

I want to travel a bit more

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

I want to travel more 

You guys should meet up.

1 minute ago, bob said:

You guys should meet up.

I think I met him once at one of the NE meets. Wasn't something I would want to repeat to be honest.

• Like 1

Some plain NFC tags. Friend was asking how they work because he was thinking of getting one for business events so I figured I'd order some and try them out. Seems pretty straight forward. 

Wanted a portable keyboard that I could use at work as well and I love the feel of my larger Logitech Craft keyboard so decided to go with the MX Keys Mini.

Logitech_MX_Keys_Mini39.jpg

Bought a new bathroom, been delivered today and being fitted next week.  Ordered tiles, they're being delivered next week when needed

Yeah, back to being broke again for a while.

I bought the Switch for when I'm away from home and in a weird coincidence, I now have an overnight stay for a work thing for the first time since before the pandemic.

So I needed a case.

Black_1024x1024.png?v=1633353693

I also bought a memory card. Switch branded, obviously. (It was only a few pounds more than a SanDisk Ultra and and I vaguely recall reading that the Switch branded ones are a tiny bit faster and have a lifetime warranty. Either way, pretty colour).

91wHPqU30oL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

AVvXsEio43b09ADegtvodaoEWAeBjCtqnQb7j2BS

Wireless stand for my phone.

When I ordered the phone there was some promo to get Bose headphones as a redemption offer but by the time I got round to redeeming they had to offer a different version and gave a £50 voucher for the store so ended up just paying £19.

31MW5951ulL._AC_.jpg

Part of my tech kit I put together a while ago. I wanted a cleaner way to carry various cables and this seemed to be the best way. Also helps that its a stand and wireless charger for my phone. My Z Fold 3 is great but I've yet to find a case that I like that allows me to stand it up unfolded so I can watch media so if this is carried around with me all the time then it'll be perfect.

Been wanting to update my old graphics tablet for quite a while now as I just don't have the space for the larger size. Looking forward to giving this a try.

61JniJP0CsL._AC_SS450_.jpg

Tesco seems to be selling off all its Switch stock, so some good prices if you can actually find any stock left. The Tesco I was in* was one of the annoying ones that doesn't add "Out of stock" labels to things, so tried to buy Pokémon Sword (£23), BotW (£36) and Smash (£35).

I didn't expect any to be in stock, as they haven't been anywhere else up to this point, but Smash was, so bought that.

1200px-Super_Smash_Bros_Ultimate_Box_Art

*Tesco Bradford for anyone interested.

Edited by Goafer

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

What on earth are you doing in Bradford?

I REALLY wanted Smash.

Also, work trip.