NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Took advantage of the current trade in offer GAME, traded in my OG Xbox One and a couple of games and got a Series S for £68.

71NBQ2a52CL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Already mainly use Gamepass on Xbox bar a few digital purchases here and there (getting codes off of CDKeys has helped there) and thought I might as well take advantage of the deal while I can afford to at the moment. Lovely bit of kit, absolutely tiny but looks nice next to my PS5 Digital Edition.

Also picked up:

814lyQpLqJS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

apps.11043.14070527199398901.0883fb80-e9

preview.png

• Like 1

Local Apple store was having a sale this week so decided to replace my nearly 3-year-old iPhone 8 Plus with a 12 Mimi at 15% off. Feels like an old 5s, which was my favourite design, so no complaints there. Still getting used to the lack of a button and how small it is. Melts into the pocket though.

Also picked up my first ever MacBook for a cool €1000. It’s the 2020 model with the M1 chip and means I can free myself from my desktop for work after 18 months of being stuck there for 8 plus hours a day. shocked at how dinky and light it is but it still seems to pack a punch. Will be great for commuting to a co-working space once they open up next month. Part of my drive to try and get out the house more now that lockdown is ending. Being self-employed means I don’t pay tax on either purchase, which really makes today’s buys a bargain! Once I get rid of my old phone and laptop I’ll be looking at €1200. Hoping they both last me a good few years  

A dog is the next thing on the list. We’ve got an appointment at the local shelter next week and have our eye on a 5-year-old staffie-cross. Will try to keep my inner Greg under control and avoid trading him in after a week! 

• Like 1

imageService?profileId=12026540&id=15559

Sold a board game so treated myself to this with. Second controller is black.

imageService?profileId=12026540&id=1555986&recipeId=728

No it isn't.
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, bob said:
16 hours ago, Cube said:
imageService?profileId=12026540&id=1555986&recipeId=728

No it isn't.

It's blue for me.

Xbox riding on the coattails of that dress colour illusion. Are there no depths they won't stoop to!

I see it as gold obviously

51898NKCD4L._AC_.jpg

The second best Burnout.

Edited by martinist

Been wearing watches more often and it reminded me of one I had as a kid. A quick search of eBay and I managed to snag this for a fairly decent price:

game-watch.jpg

Got it for just shy of £45, which considering the next cheapest one is £55 and most seem to be around £75, I'd say was a pretty good price.

It's hideous and I love it.

(The one I bid on also works, unlike the one pictured)

Edited by Goafer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Weird 1

4 minutes ago, Goafer said:

Been wearing watches more often and it reminded me of one I had as a kid. A quick search of eBay and I managed to snag this for a fairly decent price:

game-watch.jpg

Got it for just shy of £45, which considering the next cheapest one is £55 and most seem to be around £75, I'd say was a pretty good price.

I loved that watch when I had it as a kid.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I loved that watch when I had it as a kid.

I had it, but saw the Super Mario Race Watch and decided I needed it, so returned the Mario 3 one and got that one instead.

Now I much prefer the Mario 3 one. I don't remember ever getting rid of the Race one though, so I'm hoping it turns up one day, as that's another fairly expensive one.

Edited by Goafer

18 hours ago, Happenstance said:

After Burnout 3?

And Paradise, Burnout and Burnout 2.

On 17/06/2021 at 9:39 AM, Goafer said:

game-watch.jpg

Guess the seller didn't get what he wanted for it, as he's cancelled the order and gave me a refund. If only there was some way to set a reserve price...

Prick.

3 minutes ago, Goafer said:

Guess the seller didn't get what he wanted for it, as he's cancelled the order and gave me a refund. If only there was some way to set a reserve price...

Prick.

I hate it when they do that

15 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I hate it when they do that

Probably done me a favour, as realistically I'd never wear it.

The Zelda watch, however, I'd actually wear. And there's some available on eBay...

jpeg

(I absolutely adore how Link looks on the artwork.)

Edited by Goafer

On 18/06/2021 at 11:50 AM, Goafer said:

Prick.

IANAL, but I think, in my country at least, a deal is a deal and he has to deliver. As the seller, you can't just cancel. But things may be different in the UK and/or among individuals.

On 18/06/2021 at 12:09 PM, Goafer said:

(I absolutely adore how Link looks on the artwork.)

Make it your avatar.

SCARLET NEXUS - Deluxe Edition [PC Download] | Store Bandai Namco ent.

Pre-ordered the Deluxe edition for PC from ShopTo for the same price as the standard edition

• Like 1

41I0xBr5kKL._AC_SY780_.jpg

Was looking for some budget ANC headphones and the Soundcore Life Q30 are on sale for Amazon Prime Day. Did some research and they are supposed to be quite good for the price. :) 

6 minutes ago, Sheikah said:
On 20/09/2010 at 9:10 PM, Ashley said:
Back (essentially) by popular demand.

However, remember some purchases can warrant their own thread. Don't be afraid to make new threads and all that! Along those lines we may thrip from time to time.

51tuKwSOV3L._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Battery packs for the Xbox controllers, to bring the Xbox Series controllers closer to belonging in this century.

On 21/06/2021 at 5:27 PM, drahkon said:

41I0xBr5kKL._AC_SY780_.jpg

Was looking for some budget ANC headphones and the Soundcore Life Q30 are on sale for Amazon Prime Day. Did some research and they are supposed to be quite good for the price. :) 

Also ended up grabbing a pair of these myself just before Prime Day ended last night. Been looking into headphones for a while as I'm still rocking a pair of Panasonic RP-HTX7s that I got back in 2015 and they were discontinued at that point. The cuff is starting to flake and there's a little bit of crackle at the beginning and end of songs so I thought I'd grab something new while I had some extra scratch. Spent the last day checking reviews and comparing things but the Q30s sound like they're a great buy at the asking price, especially with what they were selling for on Prime Day. Supposedly a little bass heavy but the app that comes with the phones means that can be tweaked so looking forward to putting them through their paces when they arrive tomorrow.

Also picked up:

71S5cL7NPdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Was going back and forth on it but with having finished and platinumed Ratchet and Clank, I wanted something that would require a bit more focus so looking forward to trying it out.

• Like 1

I decided to take a bit of a gamble and book tickets home:

18-SingaporeAirlines-A380800-TisMeyer.jpg

Three weeks over Christmas and New Year, hopefully by then travel will at least be possible and we can see family for the first time in two and a half years. Already getting excited for it!