NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Tf8 Pasta Termica De Compuestos 138 Wmk Base De Carbono Past | Mercado Libre
My PC was starting to slow down, it was mainly dust but the thermal paste was pretty worn away so got some new paste and my PC is running much better now.

Zombie Land Saga: The Complete Series | WHSmith

With season 2 airing right now, I finally decided to get season 1 to add to my collection. With the new dub including the insert songs, it seems like a good idea to see how well these songs translate to English.

FfHg5yv.png

SWHb8zN.png

New trousers and Cargo shorts as well.

Yeah I need to get my watches fixed.

Just got the shipping notification for my Mass Effect hoodie, they were back in stock for a short time. It wasn't a priority back then, but I jumped on this chance.

Got a couple of birthday presents this week:

tenjaku-blended-japanese-whisky.jpg

My first Japanese whisky, it's not the most expensive one and a blend but I'm curious how it will taste, will give it a go tonight!

immortals-fenyx-rising.png

Gave this a go already, about 2,5 hours in and pretty enjoyable! Storytelling is great, world looks vibrant enough and I love the Greek mythology setting. Plays and looks a bit rougher than BOTW but I think I'm going to enjoy my time with it.

And I spend my christmas bonus/birthday cash/money reserved for holidays but can't go anywhere fundings and treated msyself to this baby:

trbx505-tbl-hd-5-77320.jpg

A Yamaha TRBX-505 bass guitar. Along with some better quality cables. Loving it so far, I'll muse about it later on in the Musician's thread. :p

• Like 1

sec01-phone-5g.png

So I ordered this phone (Poco F3) last month from Aliexpress and it arrived yesterday; got through customs without charge (they marked it as being 18 USD in value), so got it for 251 quid with a fee-free card.

It's kind of insane for the money - 256GB storage, 8GB RAM, 5G, Snapdragon 870, 120 Hz OLED screen. Dat screen, honestly - it's amazing. The only thing that is not flagship is the camera but I've tested it out and it's still good, IMO.

If anyone is in the market for a new phone then you can't get better for your money than this.

Edited by Sheikah

038133_A.jpg

Felt after the last couple of months of working out, sorting out my eating and upping my protein that I'd start using some powder to help with recovery and to help with building muscle. Reviews were mixed online but I like it, mixed with coconut milk it tastes like a protein bar that's been blended so I'm fine with that.

ajXEVMJhzxXuOezVXR6bFOkK.png

The PS5 version. An early birthday present for myself. I say early, it comes out on Friday 14th and my birthday is literally the next day but there you go.

81ld7ta9+RL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And for my actual birthday, I got some money early so I've got ME: Legendary Edition with it. Looking forward to playing through it all again... and again... and again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheikah said:

so got it for 251 quid with a free-free card.

Double free? Nice.

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Double free? Nice.

I have no idea what you're talking about. :cool: 

On 07/05/2021 at 8:36 AM, Vileplume2000 said:

Got a couple of birthday presents this week:

tenjaku-blended-japanese-whisky.jpg

My first Japanese whisky, it's not the most expensive one and a blend but I'm curious how it will taste, will give it a go tonight!

immortals-fenyx-rising.png

Gave this a go already, about 2,5 hours in and pretty enjoyable! Storytelling is great, world looks vibrant enough and I love the Greek mythology setting. Plays and looks a bit rougher than BOTW but I think I'm going to enjoy my time with it.

And I spend my christmas bonus/birthday cash/money reserved for holidays but can't go anywhere fundings and treated msyself to this baby:

trbx505-tbl-hd-5-77320.jpg

A Yamaha TRBX-505 bass guitar. Along with some better quality cables. Loving it so far, I'll muse about it later on in the Musician's thread. :p

Happy Birthday!

• Thanks 1

I bought an actual book. O_O Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess.

I been playing a bit of chess against computer players on Chess Ultra and chess.com lately and apparently this is a good first chess book, for people at my level to get a bit better. Chess is just a passtime/hobby for me, I just see it as another "video game" I play and I won't be entering any tournaments. xD But still, I would like to get a bit better and be able to beat the computer at a higher level so hopefully this book will help.

This is my first "book" in a long time, it's made up of like "web pages" except they don't need an internet connection to work and there's no banner ads. I'd say books could become quite popular in the future.

Anywho, the actual book seems good so far. It gives you an introduction to chess, then terminology on different checks and checkmates, and then finally increasingly different "check mate the opponent" puzzles. At first I was like "hey wait a minute, shouldn't this be teaching me things other than checkmate?". Then I realised that essentially EVERY capture in chess is similar to a checkmate in how you approach it, so it IS teaching me the overall game.

So yeah good stuff. xD

• Like 1

On my pursue to finally write a funny bit, sketch, joke...well anything funny really:

81vCMjWY-2L._AC_SS450_.jpg

A notebook to take with me at all times and write down whatever comes to mind :D

• Like 1

Finally upgraded to a decent VR headset after loving my PSVR, but hating the wires:

maxresdefault.jpg

And desired to support The Modern Rogue YouTube channel, as I love their designs.

mr-shirts--vanguard_480x480.jpg?v=160824

mr-shirts--amendment21_1024x1024.jpg?v=1

Some shoes for the gym, my current trainers are too flat soled, something I think I'll need to change going forward because my heels aren't the best and these trainers offer little comfort when squats and balance with other exercises. So here's hoping this can increase the ability to gain gains

13000702_l.jpg

I finally commissioned @Eenuh to do a portrait for us. Gah its so good. 

May be an illustration of one or more people

(Eenuh I've taken the image from your FB so its got the copyright - I hope thats suitable!) 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 01/06/2021 at 3:51 PM, nightwolf said:

I finally commissioned @Eenuh to do a portrait for us. Gah its so good. 

May be an illustration of one or more people

(Eenuh I've taken the image from your FB so its got the copyright - I hope thats suitable!) 

That is absolutely fine! :) 
Thanks again for letting me draw your portrait, I really enjoyed doing it! :heart:

• Thanks 1

Now I've taken up swimming, I wanted to get a new backpack. Got this one from Germany.

backpack.png

Edited by Sméagol

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1598289197

EGS_DarkestDungeonTheShieldbreaker_RedHookStudios_DLC_S1-2560x1440-debb61b3b76b8174d2e6a89ec4756fc3.jpg

Both are on sale on the PSN store.
Finally have the full Darkest Dungeon experience, so I guess it's time to actually dive in :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1598289197

EGS_DarkestDungeonTheShieldbreaker_RedHookStudios_DLC_S1-2560x1440-debb61b3b76b8174d2e6a89ec4756fc3.jpg

Both are on sale on the PSN store.
Finally have the full Darkest Dungeon experience, so I guess it's time to actually dive in :D

One of my favourite games of all time! Good choice! 

• Like 1

813KfTpVZ-S._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Finally going to be owning the whole set on Blu Ray, I've put the pre-order down. Comes out on the 16th of August.

• Like 1

Some new music from the weekend past:

81jSOx4-36L.jpg

Jubilee - Japanese Breakfast

41lWN9i98kS._AC_.jpg

Blue Weekend - Wolf Alice

61K8SUcd9IL._SL1200_.jpg

Changephobia - Rostam

A good week for new releases. Both the Japanese Breakfast and Wolf Alice albums are superb. Easily two of the best of the year so far, can't stop listening to either.

On 05/06/2021 at 7:58 AM, Emerald Emblem said:

813KfTpVZ-S._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Finally going to be owning the whole set on Blu Ray, I've put the pre-order down. Comes out on the 16th of August.

Stop making me want to spend money! I already bought a Series X now i'm tempted to drop £60 on this too.

• Haha 2

ducky-dkon1787st-bukpdwwt1_extra9.jpg

Finally bit the bullet and bought a ducky keyboard. I've had my razer for a long time now and the white razer keys are great, but it just isn't cutting it for me, so treat time it is! 

• Like 1