NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

20201218_105935.jpg

Got sick of the crackly mess that my current speakers have become so decided to get the new V3 version of the Creative Pebble's.

A ton of gains stuff

Super fine oats

ultra-fine-oats_bpb-oats-0000_main_thumb

Some hydration shit

hydration-drink_bble-chyd_main_thumbnail

Standard whey - although it has a hold in the packet so I'm working on trying to get a replacement

pure-whey-protein_bpb-wpc8-0000_main_thu

Breakfast smoothie stuff

breakfast-smoothie_bble-cbsm_main_thumbn

And some gains bars, which were two boxes for £35 at the time - choc honeycomb / raspberry cheesecake

macro-munch-millionaires-shortbread-box-

• Like 1

Likewise I needed to stock up and thought I'd try some new stuff (in part because my preferred flavours were out of stock):

12081397-1324792209160155.jpg

11766317-1654620667075716.jpg

10529280-8804723327328154.jpg

11542703-4384669597056648.jpg

• Like 1

61QxEvWwdvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Couldn't find a white keyboard I liked, so changed my keycaps out for white ones. 

Carried on with the audio upgrades this weekend and finally grabbed myself a soundbar. Amazing the difference it makes from using the built in tv speakers. Got a couple of movies as well to test it out.

yas109blic13ucabgrtkv_2560__large_full.j

174423_large.jpg?t=1497796749215283_large.jpg?t=154894409156160_large.jpg?t=1565719901

My bike saddle is far too uncomfortable on long rides, so I ordered a new one.

And then I figured I may as well replace the handlebars, as the current ones are rusty.

And then I realised I'd need new grips too.

And then I figured that I may as well replace my old mirror at the same time, as the old one was a bit tatty and barely hanging on.

And then I figured I'd order some other things, because why not?

I bought in the end:

71qN6mgTKyS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

51pBWZXuxkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

ODI-Flangeless-Longneck-BMX-Grips-Bar-Gr

51gHHyvnoAL._AC_SL1378_.jpg

71CgqwZKPCL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

71XGwy-GItL._AC_SL1400_.jpg

81Me-r4UL1L.jpg

4155-gQJiPL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I spent far too much...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Goafer said:

And then I figured I may as well replace the handlebars, as the current ones are rusty.

And then I figured that I may as well replace my old mirror at the same time, as the old one was a bit tatty and barely hanging on.

I bought in the end:

71qN6mgTKyS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

51pBWZXuxkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

ODI-Flangeless-Longneck-BMX-Grips-Bar-Gr

51gHHyvnoAL._AC_SL1378_.jpg

71CgqwZKPCL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

71XGwy-GItL._AC_SL1400_.jpg

81Me-r4UL1L.jpg

4155-gQJiPL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I spent far too much...

Let us know how that ship rides, Theseus!

hedra-one-shot_7e53fc6b85.jpg

51yLuInBUKL.jpg

Thought I'd try my hand at something different comic wise. Since finishing Sandman, I've jumped between different things but nothing has really clicked that well, other than The Umbrella Academy. Saw Hedra came up and liked the look of it visually, just wish I could grab a physical copy as I love the colouring in it. Never read a TMNT comic. Was a big fan of the IP growing up (cartoon and movies mainly, had the action figures, all back when it was Hero Turtles) so curious to see how this darker take pans out.

niMUubpU9y1PxNvYmDfb8QFD.png

Sold on my PS4 and games last year but recently watched Age of Samurai on Netflix, I ended up picking up this on sale as I've had a hankering to go back to it. Burned out after Act 1 because I did all the additional content in the first region so a more focus approach is what I hope will help.

23 hours ago, Goafer said:

I did planning buying some new tyres for my bike, but that wouldn't make the frame any less a bit rickety, got some threads in the pedal sorted but the whole thing isn't 100 percent. I've had this bad boy for about 10 years now, so it's had a good run. I'll treat myself to a new bike when my backpay comes through. Otherwise I'll be spending more replacing bits after bits

A lot of my recent record purchases have been a bit "loud", so figured some more relaxing music was needed.

shenmue-ost_8655fe6d-3fc1-4e40-96f3-46aa

• Like 4

I bought some food from a place called Hickories, sent in an insulated bag to cook at home.

IMG-20210411-142602.jpg

We cooked part of it for my birthday meal: corn dogs, smokes chicken, chicken wings, ribs, pulled port, tater tots, cheese sauce, BBQ pit beans, corn on the cob, coleslaw, popcorn and some chocolate eggs:

IMG-20210411-170631.jpg

And it also made six milkshakes (we had them over a few days:

IMG-20210412-215903.jpg

But also didn't cook everything, so had more last night:

IMG-20210414-181458.jpg

It's all delicious and mostly pre-cooked, it takes 30 minutes cooking (most in the oven, couple of bits microwave and the pull pork boiled in a bag). 

• Like 2

On 14/04/2021 at 9:40 AM, bob said:

Let us know how that ship rides, Theseus!

IMG-20210415-153338-879.jpg

Not given it a proper ride yet, but the initial test was promising.

Just need some spacers for the stem, as there's currently a gap between the stem and top of the steering tube (you can just see it in the photo. It's the silver bit sticking up), but it's rideable and feeling much better than before.

3 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Good value @Cube?

It's quite expensive (£90), but if you eat it as intended (a meal for four) then it's quite good value.

Got a surprise 20€ PSN credit from my mom today :heart: Invested it in:

1*Lk6UVU_p_XlQCck_EmdInQ@2x.jpeg

It's currently on sale and I've heard great things about it. Should tide me over 'til Returnal :D

• Like 1

Got a surprise 20€ PSN credit from my mom today Invested it in:
1*Lk6UVU_p_XlQCck_EmdInQ@2x.jpeg
It's currently on sale and I've heard great things about it. Should tide me over 'til Returnal
Probably the best spend of 20 euro PSN credit ever. :)
  • Like 1

Board_05.png?fit=1296,866

A Raspberry Pi 4 8Gb board.

Been wanting to try and make a little emmulation machine. From what i've seen online it looks pretty easy.

• Like 2

Attempting to shift careers a bit away from data management into something more creative so decided despite actually really liking Affinity Photo, I needed to get a good working knowledge of Photoshop and Lightroom for my CV so I bought a subscription.

Also needed a new keyboard as my cheapy one wasn't doing all that well so went with the Logitech Craft to go with the new creative side. The dial is slightly more sensitive than I'd like but is still really useful already.

kKNdvnw.jpg

• Like 1

A few things currently on their way to me:

614rz+ogtXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Oculus Quest 2

b86d3367-f9c5-4090-8346-4520cdeae7bd.__C

Monitor arms for my home office

ip167720_00.jpg?quality=80&bg-color=255,255,255&fit=bounds&height=770&width=770&canvas=770:770

A four pack of AirTags

41+chIH6FCL._AC_SY580_.jpg

2 in 1 Cross trainer for £190. Its a bit basic but it'll do out the gate. Wanted a 2 in 1 for the cycling part as with my height (6ft 4), using the elliptical trainer part is a bit unsteady on the cheaper machines. The missus has been using the elliptical and says its great and I had my first proper session on the cycle part this morning and despite a rather hard seat, it felt good. 10km in 22 minutes isn't too bad for a first go.

12142303_l.jpg

Been doing a lot of walking recently and decided its time for some trainers for it. Current pair I have aren't up to the task of the longer brisk walks I've been doing and I've ended up hurting a tendon in my foot (doesn't help that I walk on the outside edge of my feet) so have been rested up for a couple of days before today but hoping these will do the trick.

Also grabbed some extra exercise tops and shorts.

This delightful little number from Halfords

560075?w=740&h=555&qlt=75&fmt=webp&v=1

My current bike has had a good run, but as mentioned previously, would be easier to just buy a new one as opposed to fixing/replacing everything, plus I've had it for 10 years naow. So donating to my brother for his services to the house.

Gotta wait until Thursday to pick it up though.