NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Looks like the vinyl addiction is taking hold. Ordered the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack, which was conveniently released earlier this month. Can't imagine high print runs of this, so I figured I'd get it now to avoid any future disappointment.

1b893d9336cdf73d2aad085a233af7ad.png

• Like 2

Our work Christmas gift was a $100 Play Asia voucher so decided to get the latest Densha de Go!

go-by-train-hashiro-yamanote-line-640503

Really looking forward to driving round Tokyo in VR.

Bought some games for my Switch! :D

In the last month or so I've bought...

- Super Bomberman R
- Bust a Move 2 (called something else on Switch but is the same game, I forgot already what it's called)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- FF7
- FF8 Remastered
- Smash Bros Ultimate

I already have FF7 and FF8 (not remastered) on Steam, but I'm well overdue an FF7 play through and my Switch has really made me re-appreciate console gaming again, so I bought it for that. I'm certainly not "Mr Hate PC gaming" now but often now if a game is on both PC and Switch I go for the Switch version.

The Switch has just reminded me how nice it is simply to have zero compatibility issues, driver issues, hardware issues etc. You buy a console game, you know it (usually :D) has been tested and works on your system and your controller. Simples.

Local split screen and playing on a TV instead of PC monitor, while possible with PC, is just easier on the Switch.

With the Switch you can also play on the go, I'm probably never going to do that but it's nice to know the option is there.

In conclusion, some pretzels. 🥨🥨🥨

Just bought a bunch of dogs....

....wait, don't worry, I am aware of what I'm doing. They're quite small and cardboard shaped... like this one:

Selfless Savior

And this one:

Pack Leader

Yep, I decided to buy a dog deck just to have a second casual 60 card deck in the house, and because dogs.

Will also allow me to use some of the space in my big Christmas gift, a fancy new card binder for all my trading cards. Be much easier to find specific cards now.

• Like 1

71rYcVQQaLL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Galaxy S20 FE.

Was due an upgrade and this was a good price with unlimited data. I was happy with my old phone, but something shiny and new is always welcome.

• Like 1

A Hickory's family platter. Brisket, ribs, chicken wings, pulled pork, BBQ beans, coleslaw, Mac n cheese and grape soda. 

It gets sent in a box (surrounded by what looks like house insulation and some ice packs) and you finish it off at home.

AU9y67cQ8s4t6S0Tg2peRQ5s.png

With it being on sale and me wanting a more arcade-y racer, thought I'd give it a go. Really enjoying it so far, though still not sure what to think of the adaptive triggers as it feels like my fingers are being pushed off of the accelerator and brake trigger as you drive with the feedback they give. Still, good fun.

some_kind_of_peace_-_digital_album_cover

Some Kind of Peace by Ólafur Arnalds. Predominantly picked it up for the collab with Bonobo but the whole album is just beautifully chill and perfect for me at the moment.

81bVRDlbL-L.jpg

Got given The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for Christmas by my sister in law. Had never read it but started and finished the first book yesterday and loved it. Now understand why my Dad would always say "42" and when I'd ask by why, he'd always reply with, "That's the question." Given that I haven't been able to see my Dad because of the pandemic for what feels like ages, it was nice to read something and be reminded of him and then get to tell him afterwards. Looking forward to reading the rest of the trilogy, over 5 books.

1 hour ago, Ganepark32 said:

Got given The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for Christmas by my sister in law. Had never read it but started and finished the first book yesterday and loved it. Now understand why my Dad would always say "42" and when I'd ask by why, he'd always reply with, "That's the question." Given that I haven't been able to see my Dad because of the pandemic for what feels like ages, it was nice to read something and be reminded of him and then get to tell him afterwards. Looking forward to reading the rest of the trilogy, over 5 books.

Honestly, you should just quit after the first one, because the sequels aren't very good.

11307aqUE9WQSDU42B8slHr5VzVSGAOIN92pXV14

Really been in the mood to play FFXIV again recently so I re-subbed and bought the latest expansion.

• Like 1

A selection of nicer looking Ethernet cables than the mish-mash we’re currently using:

71nCK2lskvL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Also because I needed a longer one for the study so my work computer can be wired in without a trip wire danger risk.

And some Eneloop batteries. We seem to get through way too many regular batteries and I’ve had more leaks in the last couple of years than I’ve ever known. Figured this was a good way to save money and hassle long term.

eneloop_02.jpg

A Saru action figure. 

IMG-20210105-112549.jpg

Good size, nice detail on the face. As an action figure it's quite bad (I moved the hand and it was so stiff it snapped, so I glued it back), but a good display piece. 

4 hours ago, Cube said:

A Saru action figure.

Thought it was a Freddy Krueger action figure there for a second before I noticed the lack of a glove.

• Like 1

Inspired by @Happenstance showing me some news on the Persona soundtracks being added to Spotify, I had a look on eBay to see if Persona vinyl existed. Turns out it does and I have now bought:

P4A_Vinyl_Bonus.jpg

The Persona 4 Arena soundtrack was excellent, so this should be a good addition to my collection. Plus that vinyl looks awesome in yellow with the TV pattern.

• Like 2

It showed up and sweet Christ is it a good looking record. Seems to be playing well so far too. I had my doubts, as it was originally a pre-order bonus, so probably not exactly audiophile standard.

IMG-20210107-125810-170.jpg

Edited by Goafer
  • Like 1

It showed up and sweet Christ is it a good looking record. Seems to be playing well so far too. I had my doubts, as it was originally a pre-order bonus, so probably not exactly audiophile standard.
IMG-20210107-125810-170.jpg
That is one very cool looking record.
  • Like 1

A few more games before they trot off the current sale on the PS store, and there'll probably be more to come next week what with Scott Pilgrim vs the World: The Game Complete Edition coming out and wanting to play through Hitman 2 before the third entry releases on the 20th.

4xjRkRmOm9wklCdSWXVMaXBi.png

vohWcvDTZOmwwRCwfqTBrYrK.png

image?w=240&h=240&bg_color=000000&opacit

@Ganepark32 I'm playing Squadrons at the moment and I'm really enjoying it.

Also you'll be able to play an improved version of Hitman 2 within Hitman 3 (if you own both) so may be worth waiting.

• Like 1

I've been listening to vinyl recently and also got my old cassette player out so that I can keep an eye out for albums at charity shops etc, but I realised that I don't actually own a CD player anymore. Thought I'd take a look on eBay and managed to find the exact one I had as a kid, basically new and boxed. Even comes with all the car accessories that mine had. Wasn't super desperate to get a CD player, but the thought of having an almost brand new version of the one I had as a kid was too tempting. Not a bad price either.

s-l1600.jpg 

I remember sitting in the corner of the living room, listening to CDs whilst my parents watched TV. Very much looking forward to this arriving.

I also bought a few dirt cheap (mostly 99p each) vinyl singles:
Vic Reeves and the Wonderstuff - Dizzy
Ace of Base - All that She Wants
Chaka Demus and Pliers - Twist and Shout (This was the first ever cassette I owned, which I still have, but it had a nice sleeve so I figured I'd buy it)
The Simpsons - Do the Bartman
Garbage - When I Grow Up

And the ultimate piece of nostalgia, which was one of the tracks I listened to on the above CD player: Billie Piper - Because we Want To. I must have listened to Billie's music countless times as a kid. Really surprised that this exists on vinyl. It's an old jukebox copy, so god knows how well it'll work.

• Like 3

On 09/01/2021 at 12:42 AM, Cube said:

@Ganepark32 I'm playing Squadrons at the moment and I'm really enjoying it.

Also you'll be able to play an improved version of Hitman 2 within Hitman 3 (if you own both) so may be worth waiting.

I wasn't too sure whether I'd like Squadrons but I got a chance to play through prologue thanks to the trial being available through Gamepass Ultimate on Xbox and enjoyed that so thought why not. Looking forward to jumping in, especially as I'm very much in a Star Wars mood at the moment what with finally getting round to watching The Mandalorian for the first time in the last week or so (finished and really enjoyed the first season, onto the second now). May even pick up Fallen Order again and play through that too.

I thought that playing 2 through Hitman 3 would work like playing the levels from the first game in 2, in that you needed the previous game to access the upgrades for it and could then launch the levels from within that game. I'd presume Hitman 3 will work the same in that I'll need 2 to access the upgrade and launch the levels from within Hitman 3. Unless they're including it all in the new game, in which case then the asking price for it with VR included is a bargain.

• Like 1

Decided I wanted to have a go at modding some of my consoles so ordered some tools:

81VwvgeGIpL._AC_SX679_.jpg

iFixit driver kit and...

18c6e0b5e98bdb2e4d7f16d97efb282f.jpg_720x720q80.jpg

A soldering kit.

The soldering kit was fairly cheap and I’ll probably upgrade at some point in the future. Availability of the known kits seemed pretty bad here so thought I’d spend some time sourcing something that will last.

I also bought a few easy to get components and plan to do a region switch mod on my GameCube as a first project.

• Like 1