NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

2 hours ago, martinist said:

I never knew how confusing Dragon Ball Z releases were >_<

To be honnest I just want a way to watch the series, I don't really mind about the format or the aspect ratio.

In that case just stick with the Blu-ray, I just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting since they aren't cheap.

2 hours ago, Julius said:

I remember wanting to get into the series about a year ago and doing a bit of research about which versions I should pick up. 

It resulted in this complete confusion about how there was only one half decent version available on home media of the most popular and recognisable anime that just made me give up ::shrug: I'm sure I'll try again someday, but man, it really is confusing! 

The best release was the DragonBox releases, but they came out about 10 years ago and you would have had to import them and they only got a limited run so they're really expensive now.

Your second best option is honestly, Dragon Ball Kai. Also has some problems but not as many.

3rd I would say are the Orange Boxes and after that the 30th anniversary set/new blu-ray sets.

On 19/09/2020 at 7:40 PM, Goafer said:

Apparently new controllers are almost impossible to find at the moment and the custom coloured ones on XBox Design Lab are almost the same price as the standard, so I did the only thing I could: designed and ordered one.

It has arrived and it is beautiful.

120526080_10164505788955341_491851911221

• Like 3

I've been keeping an eye on the issues with the 3080s. I'm hoping that the 3070 release will be a little less problematic! GG on your new shiny. 

To be honest, I've already sold it :p I ordered two as soon as they were released, and I'm planning on keeping the other one. Made a fair bit of profit too, about £350, so that lessens the blow of the cost. 

I have put the other card up for sale too, but with a high enough price that I highly doubdt it'll get sold. If it does, however, I'm more than happy to wait until januar to get a new one, as well as a new screen :D

pushing-daisies.jpg

Noticed digital versions of both seasons were reduced on Amazon so I bought them. Which now means I've bought it on DVD, Blu-ray and now digital. Least I can now watch whenever/wherever I want. 

Plus you got to give it it's dues, it was really ahead of its time

• Like 1

And here's the second one! 

rajaSZo.jpg

I have gotten an insane offer for the second one too, so I'm actually going to sell them off, and buy a new one with the money I make of both cards next year. I'll even have around £100 to spend on a new 2K screen :p 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

And here's the second one! 

rajaSZo.jpg

I have gotten an insane offer for the second one too, so I'm actually going to sell them off, and buy a new one with the money I make of both cards next year. I'll even have around £100 to spend on a new 2K screen :p 

On the one hand nice haul, and if people are willing to buy them above new price well, good for you and good for them. But on the other hand this is the exact kind of practice I hate about market scarcity and the scalping it generates. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

On the one hand nice haul, and if people are willing to buy them above new price well, good for you and good for them. But on the other hand this is the exact kind of practice I hate about market scarcity and the scalping it generates. 

I totally agree, and I never planned on doing it to be honest. I originally put in two orders because the review embargo dropped after the cards went up for sale, and after seeing the TUF got great reviews I decided to keep the card. But after thinking about the amount of money I would spend on the graphics card, power supply unit, and the new HP Reverb G2 VR headset, I figured I'd keep both orders and try to sell the MSI card for some profit. 

And now, HP has released a statement about the release of the Reverb G2 not releasing before november. I am using a HD monitor with 60Hz, so a 3080 is overkill for my system, to put it mildly. That's why I decided to try to sell the second card at a really high price if anyone would even bother with the price. And I guess they did. It sucks for them, but I'm pretty happy. Not going to become a scalper, because I think the system should be fair for everyone. But just this time, it was worth it for me. 

I bought Frozen II with the limited edition o-ring sleeve, now completely updating my Disney Classics collection! 

fd86306c-0fc5-447d-985b-df5a57300207.jpg

Edited by Beast
  • Like 1

121332855_3824249614275458_2808656667355
Whilst a Birthday gift from my Parents, I did actually order these for them to get me. DuskDiver Day one edition for Nintendo Switch and Made in Abyss on Blu Ray, I am saving the money for Prime Day.

capsule_616x353_alt_assets_0.jpg?t=16022
Also got gifted this from a former work colleague on Steam

Edited by Emerald Emblem
  • Like 1

31IV1gDVbEL._AC_SY400_.jpg

51X5y19OBpL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Both for £40 combined. Also got this to use it as a PC controller.

41hxAdKpQKL._AC_SY400_.jpg

• Like 1

31IV1gDVbEL._AC_SY400_.jpg
51X5y19OBpL._AC_SY400_.jpg
Both for £40 combined. Also got this to use it as a PC controller.
41hxAdKpQKL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Did you not have a PS4 controller before? Do you even have a PS4? Or are you planning on playing that PS4 game on a PC?

Your post throws up so many questions.
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bob said:

Did you not have a PS4 controller before? Do you even have a PS4? Or are you planning on playing that PS4 game on a PC?

Your post throws up so many questions.

I have a PS4 with one controller. At the moment I'm using an old 360 controller on PC and the sticks are falling apart.

As me and my girlfriend play games at the same time (typically one on PC and one on PS4), so I can't just swap the current controller back and forth as we'd both need it.

So when I saw an offer for a PS4 controller and God of War (a game I've been planning to get) for what is a pretty low price for just the controller, it seemed like a good purchase.

960x0.jpg
Decided to get myself an Oculus Quest 2. I’ve had other VR headsets previously but never liked being tethered to computers or the PS4 to use them so I’m really looking forward to having a much simpler headset that I can just put on and use. I’m also hoping that even just the illusion of using travel apps etc will help me feel a bit better about not being able to get out and visit places this year!

• Like 4

Nice, congrats @Happenstance! Let us hear your impressions in the Virtual Reality thread :D And enjoy your new toy. I bet Google Earth is gonna look slick on that thing :D 

lgj3W3L.jpg

I ended up buying a new, curved 27 inch QHD monitor from MSI. Good for gaming and the home office. And it's a 166 Hz monitor, so it's miles better than my old 60 Hz 1080 monitor. 

960x0.jpg
Decided to get myself an Oculus Quest 2. I’ve had other VR headsets previously but never liked being tethered to computers or the PS4 to use them so I’m really looking forward to having a much simpler headset that I can just put on and use. I’m also hoping that even just the illusion of using travel apps etc will help me feel a bit better about not being able to get out and visit places this year!
Well-jeal.com

Get Wander. It's a pretty good Google Streetview viewer that lets you travel around the world.

Or if you're planning on using Virtual Desktop with a VR capable PC, use Google Earth as@ArtMediocre mentioned. Lets you zoom around a bit more.

6 minutes ago, bob said:

Well-jeal.com

Get Wander. It's a pretty good Google Streetview viewer that lets you travel around the world.

Or if you're planning on using Virtual Desktop with a VR capable PC, use Google Earth as@ArtMediocre mentioned. Lets you zoom around a bit more.

Yeah I remember using Google Earth with my Vive when I first had that and it was very impressive. I will be using Virtual Desktop as I want to give that a test to see how well the streaming works without buying myself a link cable. Shame Half Life Alyx is still over £40. I'll probably wait until that's next on sale before I get it.

I'm hoping that BigScreen launches their PSVR app soon as @Goafer and I have a weekly webchat now where we watch movies or play games and it'd be great to be able to do that cross platform with the Quest 2 and PSVR in BigScreen.

10 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Yeah I remember using Google Earth with my Vive when I first had that and it was very impressive. I will be using Virtual Desktop as I want to give that a test to see how well the streaming works without buying myself a link cable. Shame Half Life Alyx is still over £40. I'll probably wait until that's next on sale before I get it.

I'm hoping that BigScreen launches their PSVR app soon as @Goafer and I have a weekly webchat now where we watch movies or play games and it'd be great to be able to do that cross platform with the Quest 2 and PSVR in BigScreen.

Oh mate, it's well worth the £40! If it doesn't work well with the streaming, you could always ask for a refund.

6 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

Oh mate, it's well worth the £40! If it doesn't work well with the streaming, you could always ask for a refund.

Oh yeah I've no doubt that it is, I just don't really like spending over £40 for any game and with the PS5 coming out next month I'd rather at least try and save some money.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bob said:

Is that for November?

of course....I'm counting down untill Guy Fawkes night.

Edited by martinist
  • Like 1

Getting ready for Christmas already, picked up the following:

71ZALNy-VFL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Baby hand Christmas tree decorations, one for each close family member.

5b7864eb9276e5fb79deda265f3350bd_origina

Smart tree lights, which I am immensely looking forward to.

• Like 2