NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Is the Sonic movie worth a watch? Even if you've never played Sonic?

I would say so. I was very pleasantly surprised by it. Definitely don’t need any Sonic knowledge to enjoy it.

59 minutes ago, bob said:

Is the Sonic movie worth a watch? Even if you've never played Sonic?

I rented it from Prime for £1.99 a while ago and it was worth that. 

That's what I was planning on doing, but I've just checked and it doesn't seem available to rent, only buy.

Laid down the money for this

6414104_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=55

And also took the plunge into this, as I have an RPG itch to scratch at the moment. However I think I may hold off, as I know once Mario arrives it will probably take priority, and Xenoblade will fall by the wayside

912Lx7NR-lL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bob said:

That's what I was planning on doing, but I've just checked and it doesn't seem available to rent, only buy.

Gotta go fast

• Like 1

On 04/09/2020 at 5:58 PM, bob said:

I finally joined the 20th century and bought a dishwasher.

I don't know what to do with all my spare time now.

It's one of those things that I'm not ever planning to go without again. I get such joy from closing it up with a load of dirty dishes, knowing that I'll not have to stand at the sink washing up. I have friends that say they enjoy washing up, but they are FREAKS.

Game-And-Watch-770x433.jpg3max.jpg81tkL0RYLQL._AC_SY445_.jpg

You have no idea how hard it was for me to find a copy of All Stars and that Game & Watch >_<

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1599583201

Played the base version on PS Now and I think it might be my favourite game of the generation. Got this to play the DLC and so I can replay in the future.

12695146-1414800731851398.jpg

I don't even know what i'm doing anymore.

Collectors Edition of the entire Dragon Ball Super TV Series

2 hours ago, martinist said:

I’ve been waiting for them to do a complete set, thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, martinist said:

Anime Store Clerk, sweating: Sir, please, don't you think you've had enough?

martinist:

xdHlIVdmS8lriGFkxvx8MjsUyBQ=.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 17/09/2020 at 3:54 PM, martinist said:

Where from / how much?

I've been craving a bit of Forza Horizon recently so I impulsively bought an XBox One S from CEX, as my PC can run it, but it's not the best.

XboxOneSInline1.jpg

Annoyingly, one of the vibration motors in the controller is loose, so it makes a god awful death rattle. Managed to fix it by opening it up and jamming some kitchen roll in there to wedge it in place. Apparently new controllers are almost impossible to find at the moment and the custom coloured ones on XBox Design Lab are almost the same price as the standard, so I did the only thing I could: designed and ordered one. This one specifically:

Xbox Design Lab

The controllers are so brilliant and the ability to customise the colours really makes them your own. I don't sing Microsoft's praises often*, but their controller options are a stroke of genius.

*As I fired up Forza Horizon 4, I was reminded of the main reason I generally hate Microsoft: a 2 minute, unskippable advert for DLC in a game I've paid money for. Fucking shameful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20200703_054131-1.jpg

Been wanting to switch to a phone contract from pay as you go for ages now and finally got around to it. Decided to get a new phone at the same time so went with the Samsung Note 20 Ultra. I was really tempted by the new Samsung Z Fold 2 as they seem to have ironed out most of the issues from the first version and I would love to be able to use that bigger screen but the lack of water resistance ended up being a deal breaker.

Edit:

cfaulkner_200604_4054_0006.0.0.jpg

Also got the Razer Kishi as my old controller won't fit the new phone.

Edited by Happenstance
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, martinist said:

81TF-4bE2WL._AC_SX385_.jpg81XfTfwNkAL._AC_SX385_.jpg81FRsU1rCQL._AC_SX385_.jpg

First three seasons of Dragon Ball Z. Look like some nice steelbooks.

Those sets are based on the 30th anniversary set which I believe were cropped back to 4:3 from the cropped 19:6 from the "orange brick" sets which also got DNR'd up the wazoo which removed some details. I'd recommend doing some research to see if you're OK with that, because I wouldn't be.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ike said:

Those sets are based on the 30th anniversary set which I believe were cropped back to 4:3 from the cropped 19:6 from the "orange brick" sets which also got DNR'd up the wazoo which removed some details. I'd recommend doing some research to see if you're OK with that, because I wouldn't be.

Ah thanks for letting me know. I'll take a look at the orange boxes.

Edited by martinist

42 minutes ago, martinist said:

Ah thanks for letting me know. I'll take a look at the orange boxes.

The Blu-ray had some extra changes which may include more than just the re-recropping so check for that. Not 100% sure but there’s plenty of videos about it. 

The orange boxes weren’t great either, those are what got DNRd which removed some detail.

For some reason they can’t just release the series untouched. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ike said:

For some reason they can’t just release the series untouched. 

I never knew how confusing Dragon Ball Z releases were >_<

To be honnest I just want a way to watch the series, I don't really mind about the format or the aspect ratio.

6 minutes ago, martinist said:

I never knew how confusing Dragon Ball Z releases were >_<

To be honnest I just want a way to watch the series, I don't really mind about the format or the aspect ratio.

I remember wanting to get into the series about a year ago and doing a bit of research about which versions I should pick up. 

It resulted in this complete confusion about how there was only one half decent version available on home media of the most popular and recognisable anime that just made me give up ::shrug: I'm sure I'll try again someday, but man, it really is confusing! 

• Thanks 1