NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

I won employee of the month, which came with some vouchers, so I finally got to buy something I've wanted for ages but couldn't justify the price:

109831465_10164151648915341_124794309716

It's a hell of a set. The details and mechanisms are fantastic. I never thought I'd be building a working differential in Lego.

I've also been setting up my car for camping so have bought various things for that. So far I've bought a bed/futon, a few storage boxes and a powered cooler box to use as a fridge:

109673578_10164144295860341_702901845359

The aim is to make it so that it can all fit in the boot when not in use, so that I can park it up and not have things on display. Works pretty well:

109308747_10164144295910341_433988435908

Just need to make some blinds for the windows and I'm pretty much good to go.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bob said:

I'm secretly hoping my TV dies soon so I can buy a fancy new one, but that stubborn bastard is too damn strong.

Definitely recommend Samsung TVs for longevity - twats.

Pay me and I'll come break your TV for you. 

3 hours ago, Happenstance said:

My projector screen has been held up by adhesive hooks for the last year because the only wall it could go on is too weak to screw or drill anything into and it fell down again yesterday for the third time this summer so I’ve finally given up. It’s a shame as I loved the size but to be fair not being able to use it on really hot days because of the heat it pumps out and needing to upgrade to 4K for the next gem consoles made the decision a bit easier.

Anyway, I’ve grabbed myself a 55” LG 4K tv, a new stand for it to get it a bit higher against the wall (on the same wall as the screen was so can’t mount it for the same reasons) and a couple of 4K blu rays to test it all out.

MTXyLbFbhrteMzVzgRkn6g-1024-80.jpg

We have two of the "baby" versions of this tv, in a 43inch, we love them. GG! 

Edited by nightwolf
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Happenstance said:

My projector screen has been held up by adhesive hooks for the last year because the only wall it could go on is too weak to screw or drill anything into and it fell down again yesterday for the third time this summer so I’ve finally given up. It’s a shame as I loved the size but to be fair not being able to use it on really hot days because of the heat it pumps out and needing to upgrade to 4K for the next gem consoles made the decision a bit easier.

Anyway, I’ve grabbed myself a 55” LG 4K tv, a new stand for it to get it a bit higher against the wall (on the same wall as the screen was so can’t mount it for the same reasons) and a couple of 4K blu rays to test it all out.

MTXyLbFbhrteMzVzgRkn6g-1024-80.jpg

226928_front.jpg153199_front.jpg

Into The Spider-Verse is my favourite Spider-Man film. Looooove it. It's also got a banging soundtrack, too.

Similarlrlrly, Fury Road is an incredible film. 10/10 post, it has everything. Dat tv, dat spidey, dat Charlize, dat ev'rything.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Into The Spider-Verse is my favourite Spider-Man film. Looooove it. It's also got a banging soundtrack, too.

Similarlrlrly, Fury Road is an incredible film. 10/10 post, it has everything. Dat tv, dat spidey, dat Charlize, dat ev'rything.

I've never seen Fury Road so I'm interested to see if it lives up to the hype. It appeared on a few best 4k blu ray lists along with Into the Spiderverse so that's what convinced me to finally get it.

I wasn't a massive fan, but maybe I went in with expectations that were too high. I mean, the hype was huge.

It's got a lot of mixed opinions. I loooove it, but I know several people who hate it. It really differs from person to person. 

1 minute ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

It's got a lot of mixed opinions. I loooove it, but I know several people who hate it. It really differs from person to person. 

The last time you told me this was 2001 A Space Odyssey and that didn’t work out all that well. I’m worried now 😆

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

2 stunning movies there. Fury Road is a masterpiece, whilst Spiderverse has a fair argument as the best superhero movie ever. And that soundtrack - perfection.

• Like 1

Just now, Happenstance said:

The last time you told me this was 2001 A Space Odyssey and that didn’t work out all that well. I’m worried now 😆

Funny enough, I thought the same thing as I posted that. :laughing:

This is waaaaay more accessible than 2001. It's basically just very, very strange. I would go into it with low expectations and wouldn't aim to compare it to anything else that you've seen. Might want to crack open a few beers, too.

4 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

2 stunning movies there. Fury Road is a masterpiece, whilst Spiderverse has a fair argument as the best superhero movie ever. And that soundtrack - perfection.

Spiderverse is easily my favourite Marvel film. Easily. It's so bluddy gorgeous to look at too, but the soundtrack is utterly perfect. I listen to it often and had it on when I played the Spider-Man PS4 game. I really, really like it. :bowdown:

15 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Spiderverse is easily my favourite Marvel film. Easily. It's so bluddy gorgeous to look at too, but the soundtrack is utterly perfect. I listen to it often and had it on when I played the Spider-Man PS4 game. I really, really like it. :bowdown:

Spiderverse is close for me but it doesn’t have the 10 years of payoff that Endgame has. I doubt any Marvel movie will top that for me simply because it’ll be so hard to recreate.

38 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Spiderverse is close for me but it doesn’t have the 10 years of payoff that Endgame has. I doubt any Marvel movie will top that for me simply because it’ll be so hard to recreate.

Spiderverse is my favourite because I don't have to watch ten years of films beforehand. 

Plus it was a genuinely interesting approach to animation. And Lily Tomlin is the best Aunt May.

matrix-trilogy-1.jpg
Decided to get one more 4K set as I’ve really been in the mood to rewatch The Matrix lately. Not massively bothered about the other 2 but I figured I may as well get all of them for completion sake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

matrix-trilogy-1.jpg
Decided to get one more 4K set as I’ve really been in the mood to rewatch The Matrix lately. Not massively bothered about the other 2 but I figured I may as well get all of them for completion sake.

Well there's the fourth coming out so...

6 hours ago, Ashley said:

Well there's the fourth coming out so...

Exactly, so when that comes out and I inevitably get it I wouldn’t be missing 2 & 3.

2 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Exactly, so when that comes out and I inevitably get it I wouldn’t be missing 2 & 3.

Is it possible to "miss" 2 & 3?

2 and 3 were fantastic action films and I won't have a bad word said against them.

Good day!

14 minutes ago, Eddage said:

Is it possible to "miss" 2 & 3?

I don’t think they’re great but there are still entertaining parts.

E36BeeD.jpg

Got the tv all setup and watched The Matrix this evening with @Goafer, really nice 4K version. Gonna have to figure out what to do with the Switch as it’s just sitting on the shelf at the moment not plugged in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Got the tv all setup and watched The Matrix this evening with @Goafer, really nice 4K version. 

It's a big upgrade compared to the standard definition version of @Goafer

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I bought Mortal KombatAmerican Horror Story S1 & S2 and Who Framed Roger Rabbit: 20th Anniversary Edition on blu-ray. I kind of regret AHS purely because its one of those where I wouldn't mind paying the money to buy in an entire boxset as I constantly watch it. Roger Rabbit was something I haven't watched since I was a kid and now watching as an adult, I laugh at the amount of innuendos in it. Mortal Kombat is one of my childhood movies but man, it's proper cheesy. Still nice to have in the collection.

• Like 1

Until reading the last couple of pages of this thread I've not known of anyone that was still buying physical media like BDs. Everyone I know just uses streaming services, or just don't rewatch things, I guess.

59 minutes ago, Mr_Odwin said:

Until reading the last couple of pages of this thread I've not known of anyone that was still buying physical media like BDs. Everyone I know just uses streaming services, or just don't rewatch things, I guess.

I still like them for things like directors commentaries which you rarely get with digital versions and for the 4K stuff it is nice to get a consistent quality that I don’t have to worry about. A lot of them come with digital codes anyway though so it can sometimes work out cheaper.

• Like 1