NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

1 minute ago, martinist said:

That wrist rest looks comfy.

I’m usually not a fan of wrist rests but I do really like this one.

DPad_Button_Cap_for_Nintendo_Switch_SFC_1200x1200.jpg

These d-pad and button caps from Skull&Co. for 8€.

I mainly play in handheld mode so these might come in handy once they're on the Joy-Cons. The gripcase I have from the company is amazing so I'm pretty sure these caps will be great, too :D

Will take up to 4 weeks to arrive, sadly :(

Edited by drahkon

Final bits for my PC (other than maybe a new webcam but that can wait until prices and stock go back to normal). I was originally just gonna use my new headset for a microphone but I do think that businesses are going to start to shift more towards video calls going forward after seeing how well it's been working for people during the lockdown so I'd like to have a better setup now.

61t2cwP4HHL._AC_SX466_.jpg71-f07E9nRL._AC_SY879_.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Final bits for my PC (other than maybe a new webcam but that can wait until prices and stock go back to normal). I was originally just gonna use my new headset for a microphone but I do think that businesses are going to start to shift more towards video calls going forward after seeing how well it's been working for people during the lockdown so I'd like to have a better setup now.
I thought about getting a nice microphone for video calls, but then i realised that i wouldn't get the benefit of it, and that it's other people who need to buy one, not me.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, bob said:
47 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I thought about getting a nice microphone for video calls, but then i realised that i wouldn't get the benefit of it, and that it's other people who need to buy one, not me.

Lol, that’s a very good point. The only thing I can think is that if you work with clients etc then you come across as more professional.

I on the other hand should see a lot from it when I start my new YouTube channel where I rap the alphabet to kids.

• Haha 2

That's a nice microphone [mention=224]Happenstance[/mention]. Is it just connected via USB? Expensive?
It's a Blue Yeti USB mic. They are about £120.
  • Like 1

Yeah it’s a usb mic. Bit cheaper at the moment on Amazon, that one cost me £107.

Finally pulled the trigger and spent £700+ on the parts required to build a (half) decent gaming PC. Everything should arrive over the next week, looking forward to seeing how ill-advised this was. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, gaggle64 said:

Finally pulled the trigger and spent £700+ on the parts required to build a (half) decent gaming PC. Everything should arrive over the next week, looking forward to seeing how ill-advised this was. 

I've spent more than double that on TV's you'll be fine, probably. It's like expensive lego that can blow up or catch fire if you don't put it together right.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 1

Where on earth are you getting your TV from?!

• Like 1

You'd be surprised, my 55" OLED was about 1.2k.

18 minutes ago, Sheikah said:
1 hour ago, Ashley said:

You'd be surprised, my 55" OLED was about 1.2k.

I was making a stupid joke about this part.

5 hours ago, martinist said:

I've spent more than double that on TV's you'll be fine, probably. It's like expensive lego that can blow up or catch fire if you don't put it together right.

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

Hahaha, I was refering to a 65" 4K Sony Bravia I bought when I first moved into this house. Was £1500, probably way less now though. Didn't explode or anything when I was mounting it on my wall either!

On 09/05/2020 at 11:07 AM, martinist said:

Hahaha, I was refering to a 65" 4K Sony Bravia I bought when I first moved into this house. Was £1500, probably way less now though. Didn't explode or anything when I was mounting it on my wall either!

I uh.... I might have spent £2000 on a new OLED TV... 65" same size as the last one. Sony Bravia OLED KD65AG8BU

I had to! the blacks are blacker!

Sony_KD65AG8BU_4192_3401000206.jpg_7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

189213_large.jpg?t=1505648396182734_large.jpg?t=1566687937206898_large.jpg?t=1563019524190522_large.jpg?t=157806583938963_large.jpg?t=1331571950253817_large.jpg?t=1569801946

Felt like some new movies to watch.

Some great choices there. Blade Runner 2049 was amazing. Really enjoyed Baby Driver, too. 2001 is a classic. Impressive. :D 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Some great choices there. Blade Runner 2049 was amazing. Really enjoyed Baby Driver, too. 2001 is a classic. Impressive. :D 

Being a big sci-fi fan I thought it was inexcusable that I've never seen 2001 so figured I should fix that. Plus I've never seen any of the Vengeance Trilogy despite hearing they're excellent.

4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Being a big sci-fi fan I thought it was inexcusable that I've never seen 2001 so figured I should fix that. Plus I've never seen any of the Vengeance Trilogy despite hearing they're excellent.

I love 2001. Be prepared though, it's very, very slow paced and is a bit abstract in places. I'm terrified of watching it with @Eenuh as I really don't know how she'll take to it. I probably should watch it again as it's been a while since I've last watched it.

I would say the same as Flink, 2001 is absolutely one of my favourite films but it's an acquired taste. Given that you're a big sci fi fan I think you'll enjoy it regardless but it is worth knowing going in

Yeah thankfully I know enough about it to know what I’m in for so should hopefully be ok.

2 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Next load of movies ordered

263425_medium.jpg163025_medium.jpg209269_medium.jpg240415_medium.jpg

Where are you getting all these Jackie Chan blu-rays from?