NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

For a sec I thought you'd bought addons for your joycons and was gonna ask why you didn't 3D print them!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shorty said:

For a sec I thought you'd bought addons for your joycons and was gonna ask why you didn't 3D print them!

Have you done much with your 3D printer lately? Don't think mine has been plugged in for over a year at the moment. I really should get back to it.

Yeah I still print a lot of miniatures for D&D! Although it's an uphill struggle sometimes. Since this is the purchases thread, I can mention that I recently bought an upgrade to the main board (SKR Mini 1.3) that does an amazing job of making the printer so much quieter. Who know it was the stepper drivers making all that noise.

On 03/03/2020 at 1:45 PM, Shorty said:

Yeah I still print a lot of miniatures for D&D! Although it's an uphill struggle sometimes. Since this is the purchases thread, I can mention that I recently bought an upgrade to the main board (SKR Mini 1.3) that does an amazing job of making the printer so much quieter. Who know it was the stepper drivers making all that noise.

How much for a badass worm?

Ordered this at the end of last week and received it this morning.

aew1231-1.png

Wasn't expecting the quality to be amazing when I saw that it was a Gildan t shirt but it's really good quality and soft as opposed to how Gildan t shirts used to be, which was scratchy. Ordered a large and surprised at how long it is, which is a bonus with me being tall.

Also picked up:

815txtz5UBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Great port, though they're definitely games that benefit from the bigger screen rather than being played handheld.

Also bought a bunch of albums over the last week:

Spook the Herd by Lanterns on the Lake

Color Theory by Soccer Mommy

Simulcast by Tycho

Suddenly by Caribou

The Main Thing by Real Estate

Never Not Together by Nada Surf

When We Stay Alive by Polica

Have We Met by Destroyer

Lots of new great music coming out at the moment. Think this should keep me going.

81dP4BPcx9L._SL1500_.jpg

61aCiyiT4sL._SL1200_.jpg81eOngS1ukL._SL1500_.jpg

61r3I1rQz8L._SL1500_.jpg

For the first time in like 8 years I have returned to a desktop. I plan on doing a lot more PC gaming from here on out so went for a model that should be future proof for a few years at least.

The specs if anyone is interested.
System: Intel Core i7-9700F Processor (8 Cores, 3.0GHz Base, 4.7GHz Turbo, 12MB Cache) | Intel B360 Chipset Motherboard | 16GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM | 240GB SATA-III SSD | 2TB 7200RPM SATA-III HDD

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB Graphics Card | Displayport v1.4, HDMI 2.0b | 650W 80+ Certified Gaming Power Supply

Connectivity: 4x USB 3.1 Gen 1 | 2x USB 2.0 | 1x PS/2 KB or Mouse Port | 1x RJ45 Network Ethernet 10/100/1000 | 300Mbps 802.11n Wifi | 5.1-Channel High Definition Audio

Case & Cooling: Corsair 220T Mid-Tower Smart Case (White) | 4x RGB LED Fans, RFID Remote | 120mm All-in-one CPU Liquid Cooler

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Got some new stuff for the Switch:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPNXjpUEXE4-dGrmCSi

Since I play 90 percent handheld these days and my Joycons are starting to drift, I decided to give these a try:

hori-nintendo-switch-split-pad-pro-daemo

Finally I could get a new phone for work. We get a certain budget and the rest your have to pay yourself. I didn't feel like paying extra so I went for the Xiaomi Mi 9T which has a lot of specs for a very fair price:

xiaomi-xiaomi-mi-9t-pro-128gb.jpg

Edit:

And found this one quite cheap, never played it which is insane since I consider ALTTP the best Zelda:

image.jpg

Edited by Vileplume2000

41KIraV-hiL._AC_SY200_.jpg

51g55YzZBiL.jpg

81h1-LK-7GL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Possibly the last game purchases for the month as I've more than enough to get on with for weeks/months now. Ended up going with Final Fantasy X/X-2 after consideration of thoughts in the General Switch thread so I'm looking forward to jumping in properly to my first proper Final Fantasy game. Yoshi is just something short to jump on in between along with Smash. And although I have Game Pass, I've been waiting for Ori for ages and want to support Moon Studios so was more than happy to shell out the money for the collector's edition. Can't wait to sit down and play it as it sounds like they've improved on it in every way from the original.

• Like 2

Bought Halo: Master Chief Collection on Steam. :D

I've played a fair bit of the old Halo 1 PC on and off over the years. It still works, multiplayer and everything but it's hard to get a decent game.

So I bought MCC mainly for Halo 1 and have played lots of 8v8 Team Slayer since. Something feels a little different, maybe the mouse movement or the hit boxes or something, but I'm getting used to it and having a great time.

Also played through Reach's campaign for the first time, really enjoyed, although it's a sad story. :(

Also playing through Halo 1's campaign with the Anniversary graphics and enjoying that too. :)

Looking forward to the remaining games in the collection.

Have to say £29.99 and no subscription fees considering what you get is an absolute bargain. 

Kind of makes me feel like Pokemon's pricing/subscriptions, especially recently, is a bit much... but that's another topic. :p Still love Pokemon and will continue to buy though. xD

capsule_616x353.jpg

Digitally for PS4. Two mates and I will play this cooperatively. What else to do in these times, aye? :D 

Booted up the old Wii U eShop and topped it up with some funds to purchase the one Metroid game I haven't played yet, Metroid Fusion. And that fact is now no longer true...

capsule_616x353.jpg
Digitally for PS4. Two mates and I will play this cooperatively. What else to do in these times, aye?  
Amazing game, if you haven't played it before you're in for a treat.

Now that I've had a few D&D sessions and it's something I'm massively enjoying, I figured it was time to invest in some good dice:

61zz6qzDCSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

715FMU-8YEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Bought the new 11 inch iPad Pro and an Apple Pencil. Have wanted one for a while and they offer crazy 0% finance deals here so I thought I may as well.

ipad-pro-12-11-select-202003_GEO_SG_FMT_

persona-5-royal.jpg

I never managed to get into P5 when I played the original but I figured that P5 Royal was coming out at the perfect time to keep me engaged. I did originally have the physical version preordered but I switched to the digital one just to guarantee that I got it (managed to get a discounted top up card so didn't have to pay the overpriced digital fee).

Edited by Happenstance

ORdered some more MTG cards while on lockdown which surprisingly arrived on time in spite of the fact that the country's on lockdown. Building a second Commander deck so these were welcome additions.

However, the biggest news in regards to new purchases is that...

...I bought the Final Fantasy VII Remake and it arrived today, 8 days before launch! Wow.

61BR44SgyfL._AC_SX466_.jpg71OtihJZgHL._AC_SY355_.jpg

header.jpg?t=1579797647header.jpg?t=1586193131header_KgcTiE2-460x215.jpg

Decided to finally do up my PC while I've got all this time (and money I probably should be saving!) and of course you need new games to test out the ultrawideness, new power and in the case of WWE 2K20, just how many glitches can a game have in one sitting.

• Thanks 1

I bought a case of twelve bottles of wine. Should get me through Thursday.

• Haha 3

774120-761652-800.jpg3085747_R_Z001A?w=750&h=440&qlt=70

Carrying on upgrading the PC. Last purchase should be a new mouse but I may leave that one until next month.