NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

27 minutes ago, Ike said:

Are they going up anywhere else?

They're on pretty much all of the major platforms from what I can tell. One thing I just noticed is that it seems to be just US and Canada at the moment which kind of sucks. Given that they seemed to come out of nowhere it wouldn't surprise me if the launches in other territories suddenly show up fairly soon.

Need-for-Speed-Heat?$pdp$

dead-or-alive-6-566059.14.jpg?pniue4

I've been meaning to get both of them for a while, but I've been waiting for the price to come down. DOA has been cheap for a while, but I just hadn't got round to ordering it. As I saw NFS was cheap, I figured I'd order both together.

NFS: Heat is pretty good so far. The police are absolute bullshit, but other than that, it's a decent game.

• Thanks 1

Skull_Co_GripCase_6_1200x1200.jpg

Skull & Co GripCase 

I use my Switch in handheld mode 95% of the time and it's not very comfortable to hold. The GripCase is supposed to be one of the best. Should be here in about two weeks :peace: 

I've decided to use my end of the year bonus to upgrade my PC setup quite a bit...

Through work I could get some components for a bargain price, so I picked up a PNY GTX1080Ti graphics card to replace my old GTX970, and an Asus Designo 4K monitor to replace my FHD one. I ran some benchmarks on Rise of the Tomb Raider and it runs at 4K at 55 frames in my current setup, while 2560x1440 runs it on 90 frames per second on highest settings. So smooth, I almost cried! The monitor is especially nice as it's also great for photo and video editing.

Also got my hands on a second-hand capture card, the AverMedia Live Gamer HD. It can record/stream at max. 1080p. 30 frames or 720p. 60 frames. So it may not have the highest specs, but someone was selling it cheap so I thought this may be a good entry point for experimenting with capturing and streaming. 

Oh, and last but not least, we bought a house! :bouncy:

2001609921.jpeg

9200000073718400.jpg

TB1YLcYGpXXXXbzXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A few new year purchases for me:

51jCUx0b-cL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I've heard some good things about it so thought I'd give it a go what with r only being £6.

81PQDSDOzGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

A couple of albums I'd come across thanks to turning up in daily mixes on Spotify recently.

A1ZhfoFbTCL._SX466_PJautoripBadge,Bottom

Better Oblivion Community Centre's self titles album (Conor Oberst and Phoebe Bridges).

81OI9TAwpgL._SL1500_.jpg

Anak Ko by Jay Som

71hjoz2flSL._SL1425_.jpg

RKS by Rainbow Kitten Surprise

91XvV457ncL._SL1500_.jpg

At The Party With My Brown Friends by Black Belt Eagle Scout

Plus a Betron Bluetooth speaker for when in cooking and some cheap MPow Sports Bluetooth headphones as I'd been using the buds that came with my phone 4 years ago and they're noticeably dropping in sound quality.

Edited by Ganepark32
  • Like 1

Last year... too much.

This year... not so much hopefully.

With that said I did buy a copy of this recently...

ps1-g_darius_1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

G Darius on the Playstation

Also...

633707.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Turok Comics mostly the Valiant ones of which I think there were 46 in total, just getting them when I see them cheap, only missing a few now, got an idea for a Turok site feature which might tie-in with the physical release of the Turok and Turok 2 collectors editions. :smile:

19 hours ago, Ganepark32 said:

RKS by Rainbow Kitten Surprise

Oh look. A new band to get into...thanks.

Had to replace my TV as after 10 years, it finally kicked the bucket. Pretty good going though. Didn't want to splurge on a massive tv as I don't really have the space nor do I need something that can do 4k yet so I found a Philips 32 inch tv for £179.

61s-qXXId6L._SX425_.jpg

Also upgraded my phone to the Samsung Galaxy S9 from the S6 Edge. After 4 years, that was starting to run a bit slow so thought I'd get an upgrade. Would've loved to have gone newer but the S10 is too much on pay monthly.

Alongside these, I've picked up the new Lane 8 album, Brightest Lights, and A Hat in Time physical edition for the Switch. Also picking up a weight bench for getting back into exercising regularly and one of those pedal machines (the missus was on about them as they have them in her work so I've grabbed one for her that I'll probably use too).

one of those pedal machines

That's what I'm going to start calling my bike.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, bob said:

That's what I'm going to start calling my bike.

"Oh bother. Where did I leave that blasted pedal machine? Tis a jolly good day to go a-pedalling."

In all seriousness, it's one of these things (don't know why she didn't just want a bike but ::shrug:):

419ezUf0sFL._AC_SY400_ML2_.jpg

"Oh bother. Where did I leave that blasted pedal machine? Tis a jolly good day to go a-pedalling."
In all seriousness, it's one of these things (don't know why she didn't just want a bike but ::shrug:):

419ezUf0sFL._AC_SY400_ML2_.jpg
Wow, I've never seen one of those before. Do you sit down and pedal or balance on top?

The ones I've seen at the gym (assuming it's the same thing) people are sat and essentially pedal their arms. It's an arm bike.

I saw a page on Facebook posting screens of this game and the enjoyment they were getting so I decided to get it myself.

81pkV5VBbvL._SL1500_.jpg

Got a new years resolution to get more exercise to shed some of this excess weight I gained over the years,
8156rC8eRZL._SL1500_.jpg

I got this to help my Smash Bros. game. Can't beat a classic Gamecube controller when it comes to Smash. Only downside is that it needs batteries.

71GHBJ1qtOL._SL1500_.jpg

Since I got an Amazon Echo for Christmas, I decided to get some Smart plugs for the radiators, I imagine saving money on the energy bills this way.
51RdkNWbSvL._SL1001_.jpg

I needed a new coat, so I decided to get this one.

ZHcR5jT.png?1

And finally these for that GameCube controller I posted further up.
81C7O-DO%2BrL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Emerald Emblem

^^^ I have those same smart plugs. Controlling stuff with your voice becomes addicting, so welcome to the club!

I've become accustomed to having my phone for music in the Civic, so I've bought a Bluetooth FM Transmitter for the Passat. I was a bit wary of them, as I used to have a wired one ages ago that sounded like shit for music, but things must have moved on a lot since then, as this one's audio quality is superb. At least to my uneducated ears.

612zo1UFrdL._SX466_.jpg

Also bought some Saturn games off of @S.C.G:

3205_front.jpg

50620--actua-soccer-club-edition.png

international-victory-goal-saturn-(840x8

Edited by Goafer
  • Thanks 2

Went to a seminar in Luton for work and as per my tradition, I visited the local CeX to check for Saturn games. Found Sonic R, which has always been a game that I thought I had, but have never actually owned. Now I do.

220px-Sonic_R.jpg

Also bought this from Amazon:

dungeons-dragons-5th-edition-players-han

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Goafer said:

Went to a seminar in Luton for work and as per my tradition, I visited the local CeX to check for Saturn games. Found Sonic R, which has always been a game that I thought I had, but have never actually owned. Now I do.

220px-Sonic_R.jpg

That reminds me, did you want your copy of Sonic R back that you lent me?

• Like 1

Another day, another package from an NE member:

82807775_10163096282805341_7588871190970

Bought the FF artbook and plushie (well, paid postage as @Ashley was having a clearout), the rest were nice surprises.

• Like 2

I've no idea if you like Adventure Time by the way, but I had two Ice Kings so 🤷‍♂️

It also amuses me that the Pikmin looks like it's being held hostage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

I've no idea if you like Adventure Time by the way, but I had two Ice Kings so 🤷‍♂️

It also amuses me that the Pikmin looks like it's being held hostage. 

I do like Adventure Time, although I haven't watched as much of it as I'd like. May have to fix that.

Not sure if this really counts as a "purchase" but I went to two different Trading Card Game Prereleases in two weeks this month. Both were fun times although I came lower half in both of them. I suppose I was effectively buying 7 boosters for each with the opportunity to play with said cards so I'll go through both of them.

First up, Magic The Gathering's Theros Beyond Death. My Rare Pull Rate for this set was not particularly great for the actual rares I got but I did get one particularly interesting rare, alternate art Elspeth Sun's Nemesis:

3613474-elspeth_suns_nemesis_en_showcase.png

The other five rares I got from the boosters were Dryad of the Ilysian Grove, Taranika, Akroan Veteran, Underworld Breach, Temple of Plenty and Temple of Abandon

thb-169-dryad-of-the-ilysian-grove.pngTaranika, Akroan VeteranUnderworld Breachtempleofplenty.jpgtempleofabandon.jpg

Finally my promo was Labyrinth of Skophos:

Labyrinth of Skophos

So. this was my decklist for the event:

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/theros-beyond-death-selesyna-enchantments/

Played 4, only won 1 unfortunately and lost the other three but only one of them was really a washout.

Of course, knowing my luck I pulled the best card in the entire set in my prize booster pack. FML...

For some reason, one prerelease wasn't enough... so I went to the Pokemon prerelease the following week. It being the start of the Gen 8 era for the Trading Card Game seemed like a good time to try one of these and it was particuarly interesting to compare to Magic The Gathering's Prerelease. They give you a preset pack of evolutions and curiously, as someone who picked Sobble in Sword and Shield, I got the Sobble evolution line in my pre-release pack. I wasn't going to use it initially as "Galarian Obstagoon" (I know it's just Obstagoon but the official card reads Galarian Obstagoon for some reason) looked like a better option but one pack opening changed my mind on what I was going to build, I managed to pull this:

Pretty much from there it was Keldeo V Turbo. There are so many Search cards in this deck that I decided to build the entire deck around getting this thing out as soon as possible which meant I was able to play this card every single game unless it was in my prize cards. My full decklist is in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

1x Cinccino

2x Drizzile

1x Gossifleur

1x Keldeo V

2x Inteleon

2x Minccino

2x Sobble

1x Energy Retreival

1x Energy Search

1x Energy Switch

1x Evolution Incense

1x Great Ball

2x Hop

1x Hyper Potion

2x Marnie (This card was basically prerelease in a nutshell)

1x Poke Kid

1x Pokemon Center Lady

2x Pokegear 3.0

1x Professors Research

1x Quick Ball

1x Team Yell Grunt

1x Auroura Energy

11x Water Energy

All in all, Prereleases for card games are a pretty fun way to play the game and acquire new cards without having to spend masses amounts of money to get the best cards. However, going to two in the course of two weekends perhaps wasn't the best of ideas... so I'm not going to any prereleases for some time yet.

• Thanks 1

9676189892638.jpg
(and a memory card)

Had about £200 worth of CEX vouchers so I've purchased this for my trip. Going to use some of the leftover money to also get a doodad to apparently help use it underwater.

Always wanted to learn how to draw. Ordered this:

513ULfRD6ML._AC_SL1100_.jpg

DIN A6 blank notebook. 

Gonna go and get some cheap pencils in town on Monday and just go for it.

No idea how to start and what to do exactly, though :D