NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

A lot of second hand Wii U, 3DS, Wii and DS games to fill the gap in my “Nintendo published first party games released in PAL territories” collection. I try to get them below €10,- which sometimes makes for a nice challenge.

I wanted to focus on Wii U and 3DS first, but it’s tempting to go for DS and Wii at the same time. Xenoblade X, Pokken, Bayonetta 1, BOTW, Mario & Sonic Sochi Winter Olympics and Tokyo Mirage Sessions are the last Wii U games I need to finish that part of my collection. 3DS is a little longer but getting there slowly!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, markderoos said:

I wanted to focus on Wii U and 3DS first, but it’s tempting to go for DS and Wii at the same time. Xenoblade X, Pokken, Bayonetta 1, BOTW, Mario & Sonic Sochi Winter Olympics and Tokyo Mirage Sessions are the last Wii U games I need to finish that part of my collection. 3DS is a little longer but getting there slowly!

If you feel like paying over 10 Euro I have a sealed copy of Pokken for Wii U ;)

On 18/08/2019 at 12:02 PM, EEVILMURRAY said:

If you feel like paying over 10 Euro I have a sealed copy of Pokken for Wii U ;)

Just got that one today, but thanks for the offer!

I’m from the Netherlands by the way, so buying games from one of you guys would probably double the totalcosts anyway ;) 

58 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Just got that one today, but thanks for the offer!

I’m from the Netherlands by the way, so buying games from one of you guys would probably double the totalcosts anyway ;) 

.. But now you mention it..Maybe you should check Amazon.co.uk before November just in case.

• Like 1

91csaS8ZO6L._SY445_.jpg91KX0GfhekL._SY445_.jpg51HmbdBTffL._SX342_.jpg
Carrying on building back up my blu ray collection.
Is Fast and Furious 8 on your shopping list?

17 minutes ago, bob said:
On 18/08/2019 at 11:53 AM, Happenstance said:
91csaS8ZO6L._SY445_.jpg91KX0GfhekL._SY445_.jpg51HmbdBTffL._SX342_.jpg
Carrying on building back up my blu ray collection.

Is Fast and Furious 8 on your shopping list?

Eventually but I already own it digitally and to be honest didn’t really like it. I’ll just be buying it for collections sake.

3 minutes ago, bob said:

I'll send it to you for free if you want?

I feel suspicious of this because it’s you. This has to somehow end with a sarcastic comment.

I bet he just sends a shopping list with "Fast and Furious 8" on it. 

• Like 1

I have an unopened copy of Fast and Furious 8 Blu-ray on my bedside table that has been there for 8 months. The first person to send me their address by PM gets it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, bob said:

I have an unopened copy of Fast and Furious 8 Blu-ray on my bedside table that has been there for 8 months. The first person to send me their address by PM gets it.

Can we request anything from your bedside table?

12 hours ago, bob said:

Well if you are offering then I would happily take it off your hands thank you. How come you’ve just had it unopened?

Well if you are offering then I would happily take it off your hands thank you. How come you’ve just had it unopened?
It came free with something else, and since I haven't watched the first 7, I wasn't that fussed about watching the 8th. If you don't take it, it'll probably end up at a charity shop.

24 minutes ago, bob said:
40 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

It came free with something else, and since I haven't watched the first 7, I wasn't that fussed about watching the 8th. If you don't take it, it'll probably end up at a charity shop.

You should really watch the first 7 if you ever get the chance. Amazing series that you wouldn’t expect to care about as much as you do after starting as a race movie,

A large bird cage online, I am still waiting for it to be delivered at home. It will serve as a birthday present for my grandpa. 

Also, I got myself the DMC5 since I am done playing RE2. 

81UsB-vPgPL._SL1500_.jpg

As mentioned in the bad stuff thread: I lost my phone (for a couple of hours) and reserved a new one at a store. Even though I got my old phone back again (it was under a swing buried in the sand on a playground...yes, I was drunk and wanted to swing for a bit during the night :D) I decided to get a new one. Wanted to do it anyway around Chrimstas because my old phone has so much bloatware it slowed down to a crawl after 4 years. ::shrug: 

Had a moto g4 (or g5, can't remember) back in the day and was very happy with it. The g7 seems to be a great adition to that product line, too. And it's relatively cheap :) 

Few extra purchases towards the renewed blu ray collection:

91uvgkhj88L._SY445_.jpg71m5FyenqQL._SX425_.jpg41IV4JkZzWL._SX425_.jpg31kUZ2Rc89L._SX425_.jpg

All my blu-rays and dvds that I chucked the cases from years ago are a lot more accessible now in that drawer system.

So yeah, paying for TCG stuff has been something of a regular thing over the last two months. Here's some of the things I've bought...

Image result for gladion card pokemonImage result for stufful pokemon cardImage result for bewear pokemon cardImage result for pal pad pokemon cardImage result for litten unbroken bonds caturday

Image result for Kaibacorp deck box yugioh

Image result for Sky theater Strix magicImage result for Cloudkin seer magicImage result for windstorm drake magicImage result for chandra's spitfire magic

Image result for brute strength magicImage result for catalog mtgImage result for sleep paralysis mtgImage result for sweep away mtgImage result for swiftwater cliffs mtg

Image result for ultimate guard sleeves standard purpleImage result for ultimate guard sleeves japanese brown

Image result for ultimate guard deck case

Image result for dillingerous dragon yugioh

Image result for unbroken bonds booster pack(no GX cards in there unfortunately)

Image result for Structure deck rokket revolt

Image result for ral storm conduit mtg

Image result for scarlight red dragon archfiend yugioh

I'm trying to reign it in a bit more and not buy any more cards but when playing these games there's always the feeling of "Oh, this part of the deck could be better" or "this doesn't work so well." I am considering buying another deckbox and set of sleeves for the Magic deck but then again the cheaper option would simply be to move them all over from the Pokemon deck since the cards are the same size.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8313126_1.jpg?width=1200

After watching Friday the 13th 1-3 so far this weekend I found myself in the mood for even more 80s horror.

So yeah, the Salandit I got in the Battle Mind theme deck isn't very good imo. Just 1 attack for 10 energy with a situational secondary effect of discarding Grass Energy only. The one that came out in the newest set is even worse. But I need Salandit in the deck because of Salazzle. So I decided to look at cars in Standard and buy a new Salandit.

Image result for Salandit ultra prism

Yes, this is going to be extremely prone to rotation and the Dragon Majesty one is arguably better because it can help you get the Pokemon you really want out but in situations where I am forced to start with a Salandit, this is a good option.

The deck was also lacking a good attacker that doesn't discard energy when you do a lot of damage so I bought this card.

Image result for latias unified minds

100 damage is not the greatest amount of damage when compared to the Turtonator that came in the deck but crucially this card doesn't discard energy to use its attacks so it can put out bigger amounts more often. Plus I can make Psychic Energy useful with an attack that can KO a Pokemon that is building up a ton of energy on the bench for later use.

Finally I've also bought some new cards for the Magic deck.

Image result for befuddle mtg

I like this, you actively prevent your opponent from doing damage do you or saving your creatures from getting destroyed AND you get a free card out of it. Of course, it only really works if the opponent has any creatures, I know some blue decks only run one creature in the entire deck and just play disruption to stop you from overwhelming them.

@GenericAperson This is going to sound strange coming from another casual Magic player, but that card doesn't do much. Unless it happens to synergize absolutely great with other cards, but it doesn't sound like that's the reason you bought it. Fine for super casual play, but nothing else. Again, unless it comboes off anything else in your deck, but even then it's so generic you can probably find cards that do a better job. But again, I'm far from an expert.

Not that I suggest you get into it (for other reasons), but MTGO was great for experimenting with decks. Cards like that cost nothing, and you can buy them instantly.