NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Was looking for something new to read comic wise and so I've settled on these:

9781593079789.jpg

41XgMF2xGWL.jpg

38193105.jpg

Been interested in reading The Umbrella Academy for awhile and thought I'd get a read in before it turns up on Netflix in February. Liked the sound of East of West and heard good things about it and Kill or be Killed so thought I'd give them a go. Had been looking at Saga but I'll wait and see how these go first.

On 12/12/2018 at 6:48 PM, martinist said:

12_days_day_12_PRODUCTION_MYSTERY_BOX_gr12_days_day_12_MARKETING_MYSTERY_BOX_gra

ATA has their mystery boxes going.

Got both of them for about £80

I never have the money to get these. Even when I know they will be available. Maybe next year.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Emerald Emblem said:

I never have the money to get these. Even when I know they will be available. Maybe next year.

Aww too bad. I'll be posting what I get in them when they arrive.

• Thanks 1

On 20/12/2018 at 1:16 AM, martinist said:

Aww too bad. I'll be posting what I get in them when they arrive.

MPGALZm.jpg

@Emerald Emblem

So it arrived. All Blu-Rays are Special/Collector editions

• Full Series of Noein
  • Season 1 of Ajin: Demi-Human
  • Season 3 of Black Buttler
  • Season 1 Part 1 of Erased
  • Princess Arete

The problem with these boxes is that you don't know what you're getting. As such, I've ended up with two copies of the special edition of Noein...

I've been looking into Erased and it looks like i'll be buying the second part next year or so.

You can already watch Ajin on Netflix but it's nice to have a disc I guess.

Princess Arete is probably the one i'm most interested in. Was looking into buying it sometime and looks like I don't have to anymore.

This is only the first box. There should be another one arriving after Christmas.

Edited by martinist
  • Thanks 2

On 12/24/2018 at 12:49 PM, martinist said:

MPGALZm.jpg

@Emerald Emblem

So it arrived. All Blu-Rays are Special/Collector editions

• Full Series of Noein
  • Season 1 of Ajin: Demi-Human
  • Season 3 of Black Buttler
  • Season 1 Part 1 of Erased
  • Princess Arete

The problem with these boxes is that you don't know what you're getting. As such, I've ended up with two copies of the special edition of Noein...

I've been looking into Erased and it looks like i'll be buying the second part next year or so.

You can already watch Ajin on Netflix but it's nice to have a disc I guess.

Princess Arete is probably the one i'm most interested in. Was looking into buying it sometime and looks like I don't have to anymore.

This is only the first box. There should be another one arriving after Christmas.

To be fair though, for the price you will make a profit selling that Noein set on.

Erased from what I've heard is a modern masterpiece and was something I plan on getting at some point.

My Copy of Hyouka Part one arrived but the box has been slightly damaged which sucks, the placeholder box is damaged too but it's only a placeholder for part 2 so not so bad, I've gotta wait to hear back from their support service for my options.

EDIT: They are sending me a replacement after the festive period. They even replied just before midnight, very happy with that kinds customer service.

Edited by Emerald Emblem
  • Thanks 1

I bought oil spheres and some apple things (sorry I have no idea what to call them in English haha) for New Year's Eve again. We have a popular stand in my own town.. And I think I stood in line for almost an hour. Yes I bought plenty of Holiday food this month. You've seen my Chocolate letters, and I also bought Christmas bread. Ehh all typical Dutch stuff. Next year I'll make and post pictures..

Some other stuff this month:

nijntje.png

A Christmas Nijntje. My brother bought another one more obviously Christmas, one dressed in a Santa suit.

yooka.png

My last physical game this year. Another Limited Run release.

A few Lego minifigures as extra presents for Sinterklaas and Christmas for my brother and myself.

And Westworld season 2 on blu-ray.

Chritsmas haul is in the Merry Christmas thread.

51nHajfO3gL._SY445_.jpg5195O9P4rzL._SY445_.jpg

They were both a pound so I thought I might as well. Heard some good things about Ghost Squad especually.

That reminds me. I still have all of the House of the Dead games to play on the Wii, including Overkill. Not sure I'm ever going to get around to it!

It's a good thing then, that if you don't want to do 100%, they're pretty short games! :p

Hermese finally showed up yesterday. I'm never letting any company send something this expensive with Hermese again...

Cowboy Bebop 20th anniversary ultimate edition.

Spoiler

zDMbyqj.jpg

Vinyl Flight Case Front and Left Sides

ZBJ32cT.jpg

Vinyl Flight Case Rear and Right Sides

SaCYBOK.jpg

Vinyl Flight Case Top

PbZE8PK.jpg

Vinyl Flight Case Open

x1pnaFo.jpg

Artbook Front

C2KNY3j.jpg

Soundtrack and Movie Vinyl Cover Front

maSEVxn.jpg

TV Series Vinyl Cover Front

bP7dGC7.jpg

Artbook Rear

NpNMuCE.jpg

Soundtrack and Movie Vinyl Cover Rear

vD97Owc.jpg

TV Series Vinyl Cover Rear

8V5ZhE6.jpg

Soundtrack and Movie Vinyl Cover Open

IpC57Qd.jpg

TV Series Vinyl Cover Open

• Like 3

81vISuMX4IL._SL1500_.jpg81jfMMILN+L._SL1500_.jpg

I bought a Wii U just over 6 months ago so am trying to catch up with everything right now.

9 hours ago, martinist said:

Hermese finally showed up yesterday. I'm never letting any company send something this expensive with Hermese again...

Cowboy Bebop 20th anniversary ultimate edition.

While it looks cool and all, I don't have to point out that not having the soundtrack on actual vinyl is a bit of a missed opportunity? :indeed:

46 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

While it looks cool and all, I don't have to point out that not having the soundtrack on actual vinyl is a bit of a missed opportunity? :indeed:

All the more to collect vinyl bitch. I've seen the Doom Soundtrack on vinyl on Amazon for £40 or so. all the better to buy a record player bitch. Hi i'm drunk. I've also got the Life is Strange: Before the Storm Soundtrack on Vinyl so I might as well buy a record player.

Realised when I was back in the UK that TV and Netflix is a million times better than it is here. Bought a new router that can be flashed with VPN software so all my devices think I'm there and I have full access to almost all UK content.

linksys-wrt1900acs-8-920x518.jpg

On 13/01/2019 at 9:49 AM, bob said:

How do you watch a TV series on vinyl?

It's not Vinyl. It's just housed in a vinyl sleeve to look fancy. The discs in there are blu-rays.

9FhZpwk.jpg

After a month of waiting I finally have the second mystery box that I ordered. They seemed to have a lot of logistic problems >_<

All sets are Special/Limited Edition

• The Case of Hana and Alice
  • Gangsta (complete series)
  • Attack on Titian: Junior High (complete series)
  • Ouren High School Host Club (complete series)
  • Tokyo ESP (complete series)

Actually have nothing from this box so it's nice not to have doubles this time. Gangsta looks interesting and I was planning on buying it sometime so it's nice for it to turn up in here.The AoT spin off looks like a wierd slice of life thing and Tokyo ESP sounds good going by what I've read.

The case of Hana & Alice is great. Was considering getting it as well this month, when I ordered some stuff from CDJapan.

H&M strangely have a whole bunch of N64 garments. So I bought this cool t-shirt.

Dwqfe-CX0AMXbKd.jpg:large

(Note: not me in the picture)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Really? Haha, I need to get me one of those..

You should check it. It seems like they have different stuff in different countries. That T-shirt isn't available in the US, but in the US you can buy N64 hoodies.

On 18/01/2019 at 10:22 PM, Hogge said:

You should check it. It seems like they have different stuff in different countries. That T-shirt isn't available in the US, but in the US you can buy N64 hoodies.

I'll save the t-shirt for later, I blew 500 euros on a film festival.

And I received the following in January:

megaman11_guardian.png

films_january.png

Like I said in the film 2018 thread.. One cut of the dead is my favourite film of 2018. And it had just been released in the UK, you can buy it on Amazon, check it out people! I'm buying an extra UK copy for convenience. The Japanese version doesn't have subs. The blu-ray release is actually new in japan as well, and this is my first ever first press release! Got my first clear file as a bonus! I don't know what to do with it! :p Your name is the super ultra deluxe 5 disc set, including an ultra HD blu-ray which I can't use yet.

I also received these from Big Bad Toy store:

ivy_gwen.png

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

Your name is the super ultra deluxe 5 disc set, including an ultra HD blu-ray which I can't use yet.

It looks amazing in 4k. I recommend you check it out as soon as you can.

• Like 2