NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

So some total BS setting it up :p

When I had it open to put the fan in, I also added in a USB PCI card. Two things came from this, one I realised that shitty fan can't do anything flashy with LEDs without an extra, £30 part (wtf corsair, and partly I'm obviously to blame for not researching properly). But much worse, when I started my PC back up, my SSD wasn't recognised. After checking and rechecking everything I gave up to the point I had filled out the warranty form for the SSD. Then, when going to boot ubuntu to see if anything could be salvaged off the disk, the SSD appeared again as a boot option and all was OK again :blank: two hours later mind you.

On top of all that... the USB card doesn't work.

The £5 strip of LEDs on the back of the TV went fine though :indeed:

What the hell? Sounds like you had the worst kind of luck with the new gear :P. Glad to hear that the SSD came back though, but might be a good idea to do a backup of it incase you haven't done so in a while? One of my harddrives died some weeks ago, and everything on it was lost, just like that. 

Glad the LED's worked alright though :p

Yeah I went to backup and the funny thing was, I realised I don't really have a lot of important data these days :p not on my OS drive anyway.

18 year old me would've been having a heart attack at all the work, music, writing, designs etc that could've been lost. But now it's like "eh, all my sites are on git, all my game saves are in the cloud" etc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You sound like me, I have the worst luck with my PC, so much so I haven't dared installed anything new to it. 

91N+mQ+7-GL._SX342_.jpg

Been wanting to try the games for a while as I love the art style and the setting and what better chance now that they're all out on a disc where I can play the lot.

Also put down pre-orders for Guacamelee 2 and Donut County on the PlayStation Store. Needing to put down the rest of my pre-orders for the year to sort out what I'm getting bit there's several things I'm waiting on reviews before I decide on them (Such as Spiderman and We Happy Few as examples) but these two digital titles are a definite for me so far.

Also put down a pre-order for Life is Strange 2. I was already in before the teaser as I love the other two games and Captain Spirit was really well done so I can't wait for this new one. It's the game I'm most hyped for this year so I hope it ends up being great.

Edited by Ganepark32

Some stuff for my Raspberry Pi:

Screen with case:

81BVrYzOaqL._SL1500_.jpg

Pad:

51s1EAJ12AL._SL1100_.jpg

Dongle for Pad (no idea if it will work propoerly, but it was cheap so worth a try):

51bUcJv0fTL._SL1300_.jpg

Clip thing so I can use the pad with my phone (and maybe the new Pi case):

61TTNtL7xbL._SL1500_.jpg

24 minutes ago, Ashley said:

surfacealcantara-100655612-orig.jpg

Someone take my debit card away please.

Is that the new Surface Go? Make sure to give some impressions.

Nah it's the pro. I was going to get the go but then saw a decent deal on the pro so figured why not. 

I haven't opened it yet... But I have used one before and it is quite nice. It's a material rather than plastic or metal so it feels more earthy

I quite want thet keyboard for my Surface but never got round to trying it out. 

I've been in need of a home computer upgrade for a while, so I just got the 2018 MacBook Pro:

Apple-MacBook-Pro-2018-review-02.jpg

I also got a Priority Pass so I can use airport lounges pretty much anywhere as I seem to spend my life in the airport now:

pp-card-b3224e03-5af0-437d-b491-9e2c1709

I saw a review that says that textured surface eventually gets mucky from dirt/sweat on your hands...

I have seen some second hand in CEX that look gross but I guess with decent care it won't be too bad. All laptops end up kind of gross. 

Flight from Dortmund to Sofia in October for 15€.

From Sofia I will either hitchhike to Istanbul or take a bus.

Still need to figure out a return trip. I'm interested in staying a couple of days longer in Istanbul and take a direct flight back home or travel to some other town if I can find a cheap flight.

81Qc+mOChwL._SL1500_.jpg

Was this close to buying and they went on sale in Amazon's bank holiday weekend sale. They were also giving £5 extra if you topped up £25 so got an extra £5 off which was nice. The blue headphones were cheaper than the black ones as well.

61wsLG8CSjL._SL1400_.jpg

Got this adapter to use with the headphones, tested with the Switch and it works. Mine has some static when using the normal headphone jack so this gets rid of it. Obviously means you need to use a USB to USB-C adapter plus the dongle, but I get clear sound. If there's any audio lag, I can't tell (both support Apt-X). Seemed fine when testing with the 
Taiko no Tatsujin demo anyway.

I've been using a rucksack to carry my work stuff over the last few years, including bottles of water, my wallet, stationary (dat skool lyf) and my bag has slowly been dying. I needed something a bit more professional looking or at least a bit more attractive than a rucksack, so I scoured the net looking for some kind of satchel/messenger bag/briefcase that would suit my working environment, yet also contained enough storage to carry water bottles, folders and potentially a laptop. Not as easy as I thought, as many of the items were quite thin in width. So, the height would be great, length would be fine, but there just wasn't enough width for many of them. In the end, I ended up looking on Amazon and came across this:

71k7_Zgm2_NTL_SL1200.jpg

This, I think, will do just fine. The downside is that it's pretty big! It's about 48cm long and 38 high, with 15cm in depth. Hope it's fine! 

Pre-ordered this:
muse-simulationtheory-deluxecd-05.jpg
It's certainly an interesting direction they've gone in. I really like the artwork and the videos, but not really sold on any of their latest singles. I'll still buy it though.