NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

2 hours ago, martinist said:

IMG_0311_zpshmoo0czb.jpg

Life is Strange: Before the Storm Vinyl Edition.

I don't have a record player, CD soundtrack is in there too though.

Missed the DPD delivery on Friday so it got delievered today

Damn, didn't realise there was a vinyl edition for this. It didn't cross my mind to check Square Enix's store this time around after the original's limited edition was the exact same everywhere. Bit gutted I've missed out but put myself on the waiting list in the hopes more become available. Would love the vinyl especially as Daughter did a good job with the soundtrack for the game.

• Like 1

Y8MKc1j.jpg

Photobucket is being a douche. Reposting Life is Strange Vinyl edition

Edited by martinist
  • Like 1

Some random purchases:

google-home-mini-coral-smart-speaker-and

Found myself using the free one I got with my phone more and more (mostly to play music but there we are) so picked up one for the bedroom as its reduced (again).

81qYkxeor3L._SY445_.jpg

Been meaning to see this for ages and was in the BFI yesterday and decided to pick it up.

• Thanks 1

Image result for atelier lydie ans suelle switch

Bought on the Switch eShop and with the points I obtained...

Image result for golf story switch

...I got this for free.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

5ab90ef75096a_290x1_fill.jpg

Just bought a ticket for my first ever wrestling event. Going to Milton Keynes in June to watch New Japan Pro Wrestling and cant wait! I did try and convince @Goafer to go with me but no luck there lol

mo_header_red.jpg?v=2

I renewed the domain for this place.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Pre-ordered, but not bought the PSVR to enjoy the complete experience, maybe at some point in the future.
Megadimension Neptunia VIIR - Limited Edition

Also pre-ordered for Switch:
Image result for hyrule warriors definitive edition

Image result for shantae half-genie hero ultimate edition

So a Retron5 came into the game shop about two weeks ago and impulse-bought it because I've wanted one since forever to play my Mega Drive and Game Boy games on. It's just too awesome for words. It truly is. Got it for £100.

Lately, I've been going to car boots to find retro games but they ironically overcharge me and claim "CEX sell it for more" or "You won't find these anymore" when they're extremely common. Example: a bloke tried to charge me £20 for Mission: Impossible for the Nintendo 64 (cart only) and it wasn't in the best of condition. However, in saying that, the stall dead opposite him were selling these Pokemon GBA games for £2 each. They all work in my Retron5 except for Fire Red but I don't know if that's because it needs updating...I hope it's that reason! That was the one I wanted to play most!

Also I've never had Pokemon Yellow but always wanted to play it. CEX had one in for £15 so I traded a couple of games for it. I'm still going through Red though. Is there any difference between the two?9c24b5bf32f671ac2cbdec2f998a140c.jpga95c3b2df422df56ba3c35d97f14283c.jpg91336fa8aa64e7e2c31ae73370b34de7.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Animal said:

So a Retron5 came into the game shop about two weeks ago and impulse-bought it because I've wanted one since forever to play my Mega Drive and Game Boy games on. It's just too awesome for words. It truly is. Got it for £100.

Lately, I've been going to car boots to find retro games but they ironically overcharge me and claim "CEX sell it for more" or "You won't find these anymore" when they're extremely common. Example: a bloke tried to charge me £20 for Mission: Impossible for the Nintendo 64 (cart only) and it wasn't in the best of condition. However, in saying that, the stall dead opposite him were selling these Pokemon GBA games for £2 each. They all work in my Retron5 except for Fire Red but I don't know if that's because it needs updating...I hope it's that reason! That was the one I wanted to play most!

Also I've never had Pokemon Yellow but always wanted to play it. CEX had one in for £15 so I traded a couple of games for it. I'm still going through Red though. Is there any difference between the two?

9c24b5bf32f671ac2cbdec2f998a140c.jpg

Congrats on picking up a Retron 5, I've had one for many years and I've found it to be a pretty decent system for what it is, £100 is a fair price you got it for too. :)

Now, as for the Pokémon games... I'm no expert but it could be that Fire Red is a copy, though it doesn't look like one at first glance.

Is the label a proper hologram like on the other two carts? That's often a giveaway, if the labels are all holographic then, next thing to check is the contacts on the cart but I would assume that you've checked all of this already, especially as you work in a videogame store. :D

I'm not trying to be cheeky or anything, it's just that these are the first things I would be checking myself if a cartridge wasn't working properly.  :peace:

Anyway, if you want to take a few more pictures of the carts in an area where they catch the light, so you can see the labels close up, that might give us more clues to see if the Fire Red cart is genuine or not, I wouldn't like to say for definite either way but I'm happy to help figure out if it is or not.

If you want any other advice on the Retron 5, don't hesitate to ask either, it's a pretty nice system with some decent features, I don't use it as much as I used to but it's definitely handy for playing certain games, especially those which have a battery inside the cart which might be on the way out as you can keep playing them on the Retron 5 as it has ways of backing up the saves plus it remembers where you last left off for each game.

• Like 1

Congrats on picking up a Retron 5, I've had one for many years and I've found it to be a pretty decent system for what it is, £100 is a fair price you got it for too.
Now, as for the Pokémon games... I'm no expert but it could be that Fire Red is a copy, though it doesn't look like one at first glance.
Is the label a proper hologram like on the other two carts? That's often a giveaway, if the labels are all holographic then, next thing to check is the contacts on the cart but I would assume that you've checked all of this already, especially as you work in a videogame store.
I'm not trying to be cheeky or anything, it's just that these are the first things I would be checking myself if a cartridge wasn't working properly.  :peace:
Anyway, if you want to take a few more pictures of the carts in an area where they catch the light, so you can see the labels close up, that might give us more clues to see if the Fire Red cart is genuine or not, I wouldn't like to say for definite either way but I'm happy to help figure out if it is or not.
If you want any other advice on the Retron 5, don't hesitate to ask either, it's a pretty nice system with some decent features, I don't use it as much as I used to but it's definitely handy for playing certain games, especially those which have a battery inside the cart which might be on the way out as you can keep playing them on the Retron 5 as it has ways of backing up the saves plus it remembers where you last left off for each game.

Awesome! I don't know anyone else with one so this is super handy. Well, I've picked up copies in the past (Spy Kids 3D for GBA and CastleVania for Mega Drive) and they work perfectly in the Retron5. I actually can't see any hologram though although the label is shiny but then neither is Emerald or Sapphire and they work.

I've checked the carts and they seem okay, no dust or anything and I've tried other games. They all run. Although Emerald picks up as Unknown Cartridge, it still runs it smoothly. I'll take more pictures later but have you had this problem?

My Retron 5 has started having issues reading carts now. I don’t think the build quality around the ports is brilliant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Animal said:

Awesome! I don't know anyone else with one so this is super handy. Well, I've picked up copies in the past (Spy Kids 3D for GBA and CastleVania for Mega Drive) and they work perfectly in the Retron5. I actually can't see any hologram though although the label is shiny but then neither is Emerald or Sapphire and they work.

I've checked the carts and they seem okay, no dust or anything and I've tried other games. They all run. Although Emerald picks up as Unknown Cartridge, it still runs it smoothly. I'll take more pictures later but have you had this problem?

All I meant with regards to the hologram is that the official Pokémon games on the GBA tend to have that shiny foiled label, this might look different on fake cartridge possibly.

The issue with games coming up as "Unknown Cartridge" does happen, it's like that for me whenever I'm playing my original cartridge of Phantasy Star IV on the Megadrive, it still plays fine though and it's great to have that extra save backup on the Retron so that I can carry on with my save file even if the battery is gone.

If you're thinking of getting more retro games to play on your Retron 5 then check out the General Retro Discussion thread if you're looking for *inspiration or just a place to post pictures of your retro game setup etc, we're always happy to offer advice there as well. :peace:

*Disclaimer - the General Retro Discussion thread is not responsible for any additional retro purchases you may end up making after visiting there. ;)

1 hour ago, S.C.G said:

*Disclaimer - the General Retro Discussion thread is not responsible for any additional retro purchases you may end up making after visiting there. ;)

*Looks at thread, looks back at new Sega Saturn and PS1 games collection*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Retron 5 has started having issues reading carts now. I don’t think the build quality around the ports is brilliant.
I was petrified of getting carts out but then I saw a YouTube video of someone getting then out with ease and since then, zero problems.

Hold the console with your left hand, hold the cartridge with your right hand on the right hand side of the cart and pull. It pops out easily.

Oh yeah i know how to get them in and out, ive had it since launch. Its just flimsy plastic around the edges of each slot and ive already had the slots themselves failing more and more. Its a clever device but not a massively reliable one.

• Like 1

weddings-in-lake-garda-italian-gala.jpg

Treated myself to a few nights in Lake Garda next month, followed by a night in Milan.

Flights and hotels booked and now just looking into asking my Milanese friend about getting from the airport to the hotel.  Land in Bergamo but it seems the trains from Bergamo to Lake Garda are super infrequent (early in the morning and then evening) but I should have enough time to get from Bergamo to Milan and get a train from there.

Going to use it as a chance to practice my Italian and also just chill out for a few days.

• Like 6

Some recent and not so recent purchases.

Fire Emblem Heroes real life summoning simulator  0 Cipher.

y4mKmRXxHd2KZeIka9kpx_GeREt5wRKtn1DYEKCS

Fire Emblem "Flower of Enchantment" with a cracked case :( and Fire Emblem Echoes artbook.

y4mEXAQMnuE7D6oSOnSRxfVzpkisWNVfy0BpZZvW

Copy of Edge magazine (for some reason ) and Retro Gamer.

y4mvKdvDMHv6SRJgWkgooPYld9sqLf-h3l_nO_ED

Breath of the Wild OST

y4mvZJfW1yiFI7RZTX4Dxp7lGVUE3KpyWqEHPh2_

T-shirts from Uniqlo's Shonen Jump anniversary series and One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 Deluxe Edition for Nintendo Switch™.

y4mrINQVSDIwSu7lshZ3Md2plmni0oXBAk-yRR9o

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Ike said:

y4mrINQVSDIwSu7lshZ3Md2plmni0oXBAk-yRR9o

Ah, I bought some Uniqlo shirts recently, from that Kurakami Karacho line. Didn't know this was already available. There's nothing for me there, as I'm generally not interested in the Shonen Jump titels, but this one is hilarious. Might pick up a Doreamon shirt when it's out though!

On a related topic: Nintendo Japan is selling Sanrio x Splatoon shirts. I'm definitely getting one of those.

I also really want that Zelda ost box.. Maybe next month.

I've finally being able to save up and buy a Wii U. I bought Project Zero 5 when it first came out but didn't have enough money to buy the console until now.

I got a D5, D7 and D9 to add to my dice collection

FiRVJiX.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2018 at 7:24 PM, Sméagol said:

Ah, I bought some Uniqlo shirts recently, from that Kurakami Karacho line. Didn't know this was already available. There's nothing for me there, as I'm generally not interested in the Shonen Jump titels,

It's a Shonen Jump 50th anniversary line, isn't it?

I got the tshirt on the right of those two. Not that happy with it though really as the logo is too big, clearly not scaled for smaller shirt sizes.

In a sign I'm getting older, I'm buying decorative glassware. Got the lemon ones a while ago and now got some watermelon ones to match.  They also have lime ones that hmm...I may get too.

DeNQv5VW0AMCwR1.jpg

On 13/05/2018 at 8:24 PM, Sméagol said:

Might pick up a Doreamon shirt when it's out though!

Holy shit those things sold like hot cakes.

Edit:

Every single item is gone.

Edited by Sméagol