NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Can you let me know what you think of it  @martinist? I've got the Z3 and have been hesitant to upgrade/update it because there's no magnetic charge on the newer ones. But they do look lovely otherwise! 

If I were to get a new phone now, it would be a Sony Xperia, since I can put Joomla on it.

I'm gonna replace my Z3C with the Xperia XZ1 Compact later this month or next month. It's starting to lost the battery charge way faster than it should be. 😖

Edited by DriftKaiser

It's been a very expensive week. My wallet is crying. :(

Just ordered an induction hob (read the Bad stuff thread to know why), now still need to buy new pans for it:

_2062_HK654200FB.jpg

Then yesterday my new drawing tablet (Wacom Intuos Pro Medium) was delivered after my old one broke:

waocm%20intuos%20pro%20compare%20size%20

And then I ordered lots of cats stuff (food bowls, toys, fancy litter box) and this thing, which I hope they actually use! :p

41KPnKzdy9L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

• Like 1

@Eenuh I can tell you right now if you've got that sort of hob, that you need to get your butt over to Amazon and buy "Bar keeper's friend" to keep it clean. 

On 13/08/2017 at 8:40 PM, Ashley said:

In fairness, Peach Beach Smash sounds like a tasty drink.  Let's pretend its that.

Where did you get the Pixel from?  I know its being replaced soon but my Nexus 6P is in need of replacement and I probably won't be able to afford Pixel2.

Currys are selling the XL 32gb for £449.99.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/phones-broadband-and-sat-nav/mobile-phones-and-accessories/mobile-phones/xl-phone-by-google-32-gb-black-10154224-pdt.html

Cheers. I'll swing by tomorrow and have a look. Although I want the smaller one preferably (and know that a new one is being announced next month).

16 hours ago, Cube said:

New Kickstarter board game arrival.

A110Tjb.jpg

Vy9vgbl.jpg

That small bit of models all that came with it? (model wise)

18 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

That small bit of models all that came with it? (model wise)

Yup, although I'll probably use the cardboard standees instead of the models for the characters. I'll never back a board game with lots of models.

9 minutes ago, Cube said:

Yup, although I'll probably use the cardboard standees instead of the models for the characters. I'll never back a board game with lots of models.

300px-Heresy_vein-popping.png

You've put me in a right flutter with that statement. On the Massive Darkness project I'm working through painting naow, I splashed out extra for physical pillars and chests.

• Like 1

Unless I manage to become an expert at painting, the standees are much easier to tell apart. I really like that they've included not just standees, but also discs.

I'm just not a huge fan of models in games. Unless you can paint well, they're just grey and ugly. 

Gotta get yo' practice on Cubemon. My (self professed) talent didn't sprout overnight. Plus there are some marvelous washes to apply to make things look better 

@Cube here is an example: 

All I've done for these models, as well as the other grunts, is undercoat, base colours and then a Nuln Oil wash to give some shading with minimal effort. I believe you have the Firefly game? For those ships all you'd need is some black undercoat, metal basecoat and then a wash. Maybe some extra colours for any markings the ships may have. If you has dem feels.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

All I've done for these models, as well as the other grunts, is undercoat, base colours and then a Nuln Oil wash to give some shading with minimal effort. I believe you have the Firefly game? For those ships all you'd need is some black undercoat, metal basecoat and then a wash. Maybe some extra colours for any markings the ships may have. If you has dem feels.

I sold it on account of it being an awful game. I am tempted to try that technique on Battlestar Galactica, though. 

33 minutes ago, Cube said:

I sold it on account of it being an awful game. 

I must confess I wasn't impressed when I was introduced to it by a friend. It just seemed more complicated than it needed to be. Took ages to set up.

If you do plan on getting any paints. I'd go to Wayland Games. They do 10% off Games Workshop stuff and have alternative/better paints/brushes.

Booked a ticket to see that It movie on Saturday

Then i'm probably gonna wonder around town and get smashed...

11 minutes ago, martinist said:

Then i'm probably gonna wonder around town and get smashed...

We'll be awaiting your return at 2am in...Drunken thread ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can let us know how good the film hopefully is, how your day went and of course don't forget to sign off with... "Fukc Yoou Guyzs!!1 annnd yerr maas too!" :p

Otherwise, we'll just be disappointed. :D 

Never change martins. :peace:

• Haha 1

Divinity_Original_Sin_2_cover_art.jpg

I was originally gonna hold off on this but it was getting such good reviews and comments like its the best RPG since Witcher 3 that I had to get it now.

My new custom Converses arrived. They smell so gooooooooood.... 0e360c540e1c1ee3fa51eee6571e5dd0.jpg82bb2ef523bac8138fce363d96b15b57.jpge3c5e30c46c0dcc6dd369619c7061667.jpg

• Like 1