NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Back to the headphones discussion. I'm semi in the market for a new pair of noise cancelling headphones. I was looking at top-end Bose QuietComfort 25 but it doesn't come in a wireless model unfortunately. Having gone wireless with my running earphones (Powerbeats2 Wireless, yeah shoot me, they're Beats. They're also great quality, extremely comfortable, good for running and have a long battery life) I don't think that I can go back to having a wire.

I tried out my mates QuiteComfort25 on a flight recently and the noise cancelling was incredible. Far better than my Panasonic headphones. Which are now 3.5 years old and have gone up in price apparently!

Any recommendations?

Few bits from the weekend:

919dWqUD2aL._SY355_.jpg

What do you think to this? I absolutely love The Earth is not a Cold Dead Place but I feel like nothing else they've ever done has come close. This latest album I really wanted to enjoy but find kinda boring :(

An hour's worth of electrolysis..... Ouch.

A foot long meatball sub... Yums

About time!

I can do better....I got it day one and installed it and still haven't played it.......

I bought a Chrysler 300...it was too good a deal. 2010 with only 40,000 miles on it. Course I've added 2500 in less than a month.

Ok i got the aubergine and the turnip, and i can get behind the cherries, but the starfish? That just looks painful.

What do you think to this? I absolutely love The Earth is not a Cold Dead Place but I feel like nothing else they've ever done has come close. This latest album I really wanted to enjoy but find kinda boring :(

Have to say, I haven't listened to much of their previous work prior to that album but while my initial thoughts on the new one were good, I've not gone back to it much at all. I've listened to a couple of bits and pieces here and there but it really didn't have much staying power for me. I don't know what I was expecting but it feels a little hollow to me, especially compared to some of the other stuff in that general genre of music (though I think this is a trend besetting the genre really). Do need to go back and give a listen to some of their older stuff though.

-------

Recently bought this as I thought it was about time that I actually played through them:

810OsX%2BulIL._SX342_.jpg

Couple of new purchases over the last week or so:

Arrived today:

23685667493_20c84151f8_z.jpg

Bought digitally this weekend:

header.jpgheader_586x192.jpg

Just ordered:

61WBHa33QwL._SY355_.jpgmVRMRQw9Qc9lhVVlGczvR0Q.jpgs-l225.jpg250px-017783-556315.jpg

Just bought honeymoon tickets for Palermo, Sicily, this May. Gonna be good!

Anyone been there with some tips to share?

Make sure you eat lots, and stay hydrated.

Don't forget the foreplay either.

El0282D.jpg

Dark Souls™ - The Board Game

Kickstarter. £80.

Might seem a little expensive but with all the stretch goals being met it's turning into a massive bargain.

When I posted about it yesterday the funding was almost at £600,000 (it was fully funded in under 3 minutes). Now it's at £935,000 with a crap-load more content for everyone. It's pretty awesome that the more it gets funded, the more everyone gets in their base game. That £80 is looking like money pretty well spent.

5hIgrST.jpg

Nah, don't think so. If I'm happy with main board I'll grab them in-store, I reckon. No point going all in now.

Thanks to @Hero\-of\-Time...

life-is-strange-listing-thumb-01-us-06feb15?$Icon$

Really looking forward to starting this. :D

I'm sure I told you several times to buy that...

You did. :heh:

Hero posted about it being cheap on the store this week. About half price. It's been on my radar for ages. :D

I've asked insertcoin, the site who carries official Life is Strange merchandise, if they'd consider making a guys fit t-shirt available of the iconic pink Jane Doe shirt, but they had no plans apparently. I'm manly enough to wear such a shirt, and wanted to buy one. Oh well.

Just bought flights to New York, then Quebec City, then home from Toronto. Canadian roadtrip yeah!

u_10126467.jpg

New TV to replace my old and dated 32" model I've had for 5 years.

I'd read middling reviews due to the TV running Android, but picture quality is literally unreal. 4K YouTube videos look amazing.

After spending an age in Currys and comparing other TV's it was clear that this one was the best pic quality for my budget.

I love the built in Chrome Cast too, very handy indeed!

:)

81JIKLt-JgL._SL1500_.jpg

The Madoka Magica Movies 1 and 2, got an extra 10% off at Zavvi, love when you manage to get a voucher code that works.

00197578505881____1__640x640.jpg

Looks like an interesting Tower Defence game with resource management throw into the mix.