NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

New moblee!

17_Xperia_Z2_Notepad-1.jpg

Was going to go for a Galaxy S5 (upgrading from my S3) but was convinced by coworker at the Phone Shop the Xperia Z2 was pretty much just as good and cheaper a month.

No more cracked screen!

I should hopefully be getting a S2 soon, are they good phones?

Do you mean S2 as a Galaxy S2, or a mistyped Z2?

I've got the Z1 compact. It's brilliant. I'm sad that I didn't go for a sony phone sooner to be honest!

(I wanted a phone that was small but had decent battery power - hence the compact. Other 'minis' aren't very good imo).

Do you mean S2 as a Galaxy S2, or a mistyped Z2?

S3. Sorry...

Aye, the S3 has done me well, had it since release and then cracked the screen a few months after. So I'm impressed I managed to last til the end of my contract before getting a new one. Now to see if I can pawn it off to someone...

I've still got an S2! Never had a problem with it.

PLY-PS4-PS4_INFAMOUSBUNDLE-BK.png

Finally got the deal I've been waiting for and working every spare minute of overtime to cover it :p

I should hopefully be getting an iPhone 4S! My dad said he wants to get me one for my birthday. I said I'd put some towards it because it's expensive for a birthday present! It's second-hand and unlocked, I think. Checking it out tomorrow. So excited!

I should hopefully be getting an iPhone 4S! My dad said he wants to get me one for my birthday. I said I'd put some towards it because it's expensive for a birthday present! It's second-hand and unlocked, I think. Checking it out tomorrow. So excited!

I've had my 4S since shortly after it launched, and I have no intention of upgrading any time soon. It fulfills my desired functions in a phone, but that mostly has to do with me jailbreaking the shit out of it. I've thought about moving to Android before, but since the modding community isn't as active as the iOS counterpart I've felt absolutely no incentive. That, and most Android phones are pretty shitty in general (there are only two or three Android phones out there that are worth your money). I've seen some pretty cool ricing done with Android phones, but they weren't enough to win me over.

Ti9NYKW.jpg

Anyway, I bought this game for a dollar through the current Steam sale and I absolutely love it. My first impulse buy in years, and it was all because of this video:

Worth pointing out that if Animal gets a used iPhone 4S it will probably be updated to 7.1 which means no jailbreak right now. If it's not, @Animal, don't update!

I've thought about moving to Android before, but since the modding community isn't as active as the iOS counterpart I've felt absolutely no incentive.

Huh? I'd say the Android community is extremely active, rooting and bringing updates to many, many phones, usually with lots of options of ROMs for most Android phones, each with different customisations and goals (some aimed for performance, others aimed at extending battery life).

On top of that, you don't even need to root your phone to change the entire look and feel of the phone. All the default apps can be replaced if you don't like them, there are loads of different homescreens available and Android allows for apps to do much more with the system.

Huh? I'd say the Android community is extremely active, rooting and bringing updates to many, many phones, usually with lots of options of ROMs for most Android phones, each with different customisations and goals (some aimed for performance, others aimed at extending battery life).

Okay, I need to clarify... the reason I don't consider it to be as active as the iOS scene is because iOS runs on a very limited number of devices, so developing and testing tweaks is pretty straightforward as all the devices run almost exactly the same save for minor differences in hardware.

It's dissimilar on Android because modders have to take into account a myriad of devices, processors, and other specifications when developing software that expands the usability of any Android device (GUI customization is not my sole appeal btw). There are way too many of them out there and from what I've seen it's almost like there's a new Android phone every week. It's usually a year or two before Apple decides to update their devices, which gives ample time for modders to write software for them, and even more time for me to enjoy using that software.

I'd honestly love to use Android, but for me to use a particular tweak on it I first have to make sure it exists, make sure it'll run on my device, and then live in constant fear of it not being updated should its creator choose to abandon it. I had an example of this happening with a friend's rooted Galaxy S3, but I forgot what it was...

For some research:

Papers-Please-Logo.png

Brothers-A-Tale-of-Two-Sons2.jpg

gonehome.jpg

All discounted on Steam so got them all for about £11.

con_gwatch_02.png

Any reason you went LG over Samsung? Trying to decide for myself.

Any reason you went LG over Samsung? Trying to decide for myself.

I prefer the look of the LG one, and I find most of Samsung's products to be cheap and tacky.

The real question is why I'm not waiting for the Moto 360. That's because I'm impatient, the little bit at the bottom of the screen would drive me crazy and there's a worrying lack of information about it so far. On top of that, the more I think about it, the more I realise that a square screen is actually much more usable, especially when it comes to text.

I prefer the look of the LG one, and I find most of Samsung's products to be cheap and tacky.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the Gear's quality. The S4 I got it with is indeed a bit plasticky, but the watch is actually quite well made.

The LG one probably looks better though.

Finally snapped an grabbed Banished, Long Live The Queen and, most importantly, Kerbal Space Programme from the Steam summer sale. Video games are so good right now. So good.

lg-g2-large.jpg

£14 a month, free phone, 500mb 500 mins unl texts. Installed myself novalauncher, and I'm laughing. Hunk.

PAYDAY!!!

Just put deposits down on -

1 Week all Inclusive here (Sensatori Crete) for our 1 year wedding anniversary next year:

Sensatori_hotel__C_1653408a.jpg

3 Nights here (Rome) for a bit of site seeing in August, Planning to see the Coliseum, Vatican City and Sistine Chapel:

1.jpg

For Heather: (not this exact qualification, but a wedding & event planner course)

The-Wedding-and-Event_Final_300(pp_w951_h396).png

For Me:

51111-forside.jpg

10173752-1273570027-951000.jpg

assassins-creed-3-ps3-descarga-exclusiva-de-ps-store_MLA-O-3391502550_112012.jpg

_-Thief-PS4-_.jpg

Payday for me too :D

I can't stop buying things... it's a sickness.......

I'm so broke now.

One-Piece-Unlimited-World-Red-Wii-U.jpg

AC4B-main.jpg

Final-Fantasy-XIV-box-art-312x400.jpg

71Z%2Bplft6UL._SL1500_.jpg

TransistorSword.jpg

Edited by Shorty