NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Hmm. It generally is decent, but there is no glass, just plastics for the dial's cover.

Other than that, it's quite good.

If you want a nice metal and glass pocket watch you'd have to invest a lot more money but for 14€ I can't complain :)

€14?! I definitely would. Where'd you get it? Actually looked at the thread. Hmm...I am temptedings! Also awesometings on the Holi festival, I'd love to go to one some day.

Edited by Rummy

61Vd9OIQPxL._SL1004_.jpg

New flat needed a new TV (42"). All it's missing is it's playmate, I'll have my PS4 soon enough, though.

This is the TV I'm thinking of getting to go with the PS4, albeit in a smaller size (32"). Was leaning towards Panasonic/Sony but their current sets seem to be about £100 more - £380 compared to £280. Not that keen on Samsung as a brand but this does seem like the ideal TV to get since I won't be needing any smart TV functionality at all. Hopefully I'll have this TV connected to a PS4 and a Mac Mini by the end of the year and I'll have my dream set up.

The reviews have been pretty awesome and the price is great. I'll report back with my own thoughts.

I'm thinking of getting surround sound to go with it. Anyone got any ideas? I have no idea.

The reviews have been pretty awesome and the price is great. I'll report back with my own thoughts.

I'm thinking of getting surround sound to go with it. Anyone got any ideas? I have no idea.

What's your budget?

You could get surround sound for less than £100 which might not last you very long/won't be too great or you could spend up to a few hundred and really transform your listening experience.

It all depends on what you're after.

What's your budget?

You could get surround sound for less than £100 which might not last you very long/won't be too great or you could spend up to a few hundred and really transform your listening experience.

Transform listening experience!!!

Transform listening experience!!!

Well... something like that anyway. :p

For example, I've bought cheaper 'surround sound' setups in the past but they don't seem to be any substitute for doing it properly, buying a separate receiver and then the speakers.

I've had my setup for a good few years now, basically this...

71pgAxGydHS._SL1500_.jpg

And these...

11759-kht20053k1img1.jpg

They did cost a few hundred at the time, but years on and they are still going strong, only needed to have a capacitor replaced in the sub, but aside from that, never a problem, just brilliant sound. :)

For surround sound, you're looking at £700 minimum for decent kit.

What's your budget?

I was thinking £200 - £300. Maaaaaybe a little more.

What does that buy me? :hehe:

I was thinking £200 - £300. Maaaaaybe a little more.

What does that buy me? :hehe:

Well, if you were looking to buy the same setup as mine in today's money, the receiver at least seems to be going for a reasonably good price on eBay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-STR-DH800-7-1ch-110W-Home-Cinema-HDMI-AV-Receiver-What-Hi-Fi-Award-Winner-/281143267726?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Home_Cinema_Receivers&hash=item417571d18e

£127.90 including postage

As for the speakers...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KEF-surround-sound-speakers-/321174071621?pt=UK_AudioVideoElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_HiFiSpeakers&hash=item4ac7776945

^Those are £100 starting bid, worth the money if you can get them for that and persuade the seller to post them.

There are a few on eBay at the moment, the last ones seemed to sell for £179...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kef-1005-2-5-1-Surround-Sound-Speakers-with-Stands-/261246227676?pt=UK_AudioVideoElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_HiFiSpeakers&hash=item3cd37d14dc

If you wanted to buy the latest versions of the ones I have then it will probably set you back a lot more, so you can save money by buying them second hand, so it might be worth looking into.

Of course I'm just using my setup as an example but it gives a pretty good indication of price I think.

Anyway, hope this helps. :)

Thanks, looks like a good set up to help me get my head round what I need/want. I'll mull it over a while, I think. TV hasn't even arrived, probably best I leave this a little while (probably until next month :heh: ).

250px-Box_NA_(final)_-_New_Super_Luigi_U.png

and Heather bought me Pikmin3, But I can't play it till my birthday which is end of August. Annoying :(

Got the latest Humble Bundle

Saints Row 2

Saints Row The Third + DLC

Risen 2

Sacred 2

Dead Island GOTY

122813_s0.jpglarge_25566_814131015228.jpg132425_s0.jpg

40 episodes of little girls playing musical instruments and drinking tea...

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 2 DVD boxset - £10

Had it on Blu-Ray but when my PS3 died and I couldn't be bothered replacing it, I sold it on. Now, as I've been working my way through the first season again, I decided to track this down so I can watch the whole lot. Always felt like there was a hole left on my shelf when I sold on my Blu-Ray copy so happy to have it filled again :awesome:

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 2 DVD boxset - £10

Had it on Blu-Ray but when my PS3 died and I couldn't be bothered replacing it, I sold it on. Now, as I've been working my way through the first season again, I decided to track this down so I can watch the whole lot. Always felt like there was a hole left on my shelf when I sold on my Blu-Ray copy so happy to have it filled again :awesome:

Dat Ending.

I cri, evrytim.

122813_s0.jpglarge_25566_814131015228.jpg132425_s0.jpg

40 episodes of little girls playing musical instruments and drinking tea...

It sucked that Bandai stopped distributing anime before they could release the complete blu ray of season 1. It's the only thing stopping me getting them.

I'm tempted to watch Orphan Black just because I've seen some GIFs of the sassy gay character.

Haha, now I’ll have to look for ’m! Seriously though, first episode, I was “What the”, but he’s actually great.

Bought a shed load of clothes on the way into work, spend £95 (5 t-shirts and 2 shirts and a few pairs of socks). Picture to follow once i get home.

Been on a bit of a Sonic kick since really enjoying Sonic Generations and finding out I could play Sonic Colours with a GC controller gave me a reason to buy it. The book was just something ive been meaning to get for a while now.

sonic-colours-big.jpghistorysonic.jpg

@Happenstance - If this is the first time you're playing Colours then you're in for a treat! Generations and Colours are my two favourite Sonic games. I still can't decide what game is better even now because Colours is such a great world with some fantastic settings whilst Generations tugs at my heart/nostalgia strings.

And man, that book is fantastic! I hope you enjoy it :D I was worried whilst reading mine incase I ruined the beautiful cover :P

Anyway, my purchases! Pikmin 3 is totally hogging the limelight atm.

2db31ax.png

Edited by Josh64