NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

I'll let you know after the weekend of the 11th/12th May.

Which reminds me, also bought two tickets to Paris on the 11th/12th May.

So either a holiday to celebrate her saying yes or to escape the country after the murder if she says no?

How much was the Vita at CEX (and how decent a condition)? I've been thinking of getting one for a while now.

It was a boxed Wifi version for £138, its in mint. I did ask to look at a couple to make sure I was getting on in good condition.

I've been with Orange (now EE) for a very long time. I find their customer service shocking, but the deals they have are great and the online service isn't too shabby.

This is actually the phone I want to upgrade to! Hopefully its good :)

Yeah I was ready to cancel as I sort of fancied not having a contract, but that deal was better than I had expected so they have me for another 2 years. Never had any problems with the customer service but then again I've never really had any problems of which to speak. Lost my phone a year into my contract (uninsured :( ) but they were as painless as they could have been with the whole thing.

Mind you, deals from EE themselves often seem shockingly expensive. Apparently the deal I've just got is £31 if you're a new customer which seems very dear.

Still, really excited to get this phone now. :D I'll be sure to write on here somewhere with my impressions.

Yeah, the deals for a new iPhone for instance are crazy, but then when I was originally looking they all were.

I pay the same as you currently for an S2, I've got a lot of add ons for free due to the time frame I've been with them (I believe my first mobile was '03/04) so they tend to chuck things out me if I remotely mention leaving.

:)

A couple of birthdays are coming up so I bought five lovely greeting cards from @Eenuh :)

Thank you! You are my best (and only =P ) customer haha.

Posting the cards tonight after work. =)

Thank you! You are my best (and only =P ) customer haha.

That's a shame, really. Your art and work should be appreciated by a lot more people :)

51GS83ZN2GL.jpg

For under £3.50 used at the godly place known as Book Off. Figured I'd finally get around to buying one of the games that has a region based on where I've been living.

81RBfdP7wvL._AA1500_.jpg

PS_3DS_LuigisMansion2_PEGI.png

And an AC adapter, which I'd be annoyed about but Amazon reduced the price of the 3DS by £10 while I was at lunch, and I ordered after.

3DS XL - £139.99

Luigi's Mansion - £30

AC Adapter - £6.99

YAAAAAAAAYY!!! I WILL ENJOY A NINTENDO CONSOLE AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!!!

Now someone advise me on what I should get.

@Daft Fire Emblem Awakening, Ocarina of Time 3DS, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Super Mario 3D Land

Kid Icarus: Uprising and Fire Emblem. Great games. =)

YAAAAAAAAYY!!! I WILL ENJOY A NINTENDO CONSOLE AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!!!

Now someone advise me on what I should get.

Buy Fire Emblem: Awakening and you'll enjoy it even more.

Despite it being easy and short, even after dubious attempts to extend its length, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Super Mario 3D Land as game also worth getting.

Also, this is worth bearing in mind if you are after a few of them games. I personally fully recommend Castlevania but not everyone seems as taken to it as myself - be sure to check out the demos on the eShop for both CV and FE:A if curious, plus other games too.

Edited by Captain Falcon

I don't know how you feel about games that are all about the story, but Virtue's Last Reward is possibly the best game on the system (it's even better if you play 999 first).

Really though, you should probably focus on Persona 4 first. :heh:

... @Magnus you're never going to forget about my awful Persona 4 secret, are you? (Seriously, you definitely need to keep telling me because I need to play it more). Got Virtue's Last Reward free off Plus. Not given it a whirl yet.

I remember OoT and Lylat War/Starfox way too well to want to play them again.

Is Fire Emblem worth getting if I didn't like Advance Wars (or those kind of turn-based games)?

Kid Icarus and Super Mario 3D, I'll eventually pick up. Most looking forward to Animal Crossing when it's out (next month?).

... @Magnus you're never going to forget about my awful Persona 4 secret, are you? (Seriously, you definitely need to keep telling me because I need to play it more). Got Virtue's Last Reward free off Plus. Not given it a whirl yet.

I was just going to edit my post because I remembered that Virtue's Last Reward was free on PlayStation Plus. And I even went through it a second time on the Vita, too! Geez. Well, now that you have a 3DS, that's a good reason to play 999 first, I guess.

(I only keep bringing up Persona 4 because I'm super jealous that this is your first time through the game.)

Is Fire Emblem worth getting if I didn't like Advance Wars (or those kind of turn-based games)?

Kid Icarus and Super Mario 3D, I'll eventually pick up. Most looking forward to Animal Crossing when it's out (next month?).

For me, *braces self for stares*, Advance Wars has never held enough appeal for me to want to pick one up - that's right internet, never played one. The best I managed was Battalion Wars on the GC.

And the reason was that it all seemed so impersonal like RTS games where you send wave after wave of identical units off to get slaughtered for the sake of capturing a small section of land.

FE is different in that every unit has a personality and they all have differences in the stats that even two of the same unit types could wind up with surprising different balance of stats that makes one more favourable in a situation than the other. And on top of the structured narative provided by the game, your personal experience playing, and the bond you build with your units, fleshes them out even more. You, or at least I do, go into the FE thread and talk about the battles my units waged and how a certain member cut a swath through a dozen units before they could even ready their weapon. Yet someone else will be telling a different story about how they sent the unit off and he got clobbered round the head with an axe and they chose to reset their machine.

It's the small, but incredibly important, differences as to why I love FE but have no immediate interest in AW despite their supposed similarities. As I said, there is a demo on the eShop if you want to get a feel for it but it really comes down to why you don't like AW or turn based strategy games. It the blend of RPG into the TBS that pulls me in.

Animal Crossing is out on 14th June and arguably the best choice for the digital freebie in the So Many Games promotion if you can make use of it. Having it always on the machine will make dipping in and out much easier.

Edited by Captain Falcon

Animal Crossing is out on 14th June and arguably the best choice for the digital freebie in the So Many Games promotion if you can make use of it. Having it always on the machine will make dipping in and out much easier.

I would so love to get AC in that deal so I can have it as a free digital game, but sadly there aren't really any games in that list that I want/have. Only FE and Luigi's Mansion (which I still need to buy). =(

Yeah, I don't think there are enough games on that list that I want.

I'm intrigued by FE. I'll see if I can borrow it off Ashley or someone.

I don't think I'll be buying that many games, just the super good ones. Between my PS3, Vita and now a 3DS I'll be pretty stretched.

Does the 3DS just take any SD card?

I would so love to get AC in that deal so I can have it as a free digital game, but sadly there aren't really any games in that list that I want/have. Only FE and Luigi's Mansion (which I still need to buy). =(

I guess the question you have to ask yourself is are you going to get AC and LM regardless?

I'm in the same boat. I have CV and FE and wouldn't mind getting LM but the rest of the 8 I'm not bothered about. But if I can guarantee (or as good as) that I'll be purchasing LM at some point, is it better to pay £30 and get a game for free (even though I wouldn't have ever chosen to buy the other game at full price) or hang on and see if it drops in price?

Basically, do I wait until I can get it for say £20 and then miss out on a full game as a result - are any of the free games worth the potential saving I can make on LM by waiting. The fact is, I'd never pay £30 for Animal Crossing as it holds little initial appeal to me but at £10, it might be worth a punt for curiosities sake.

This of course assumes a game like LM would drop as low as £20 anyway and given it's currently flying off shelves all around the world, it doesn't look likely any time soon and that tends to be the way with most first party games.

I hope that makes sense :)

I guess the question you have to ask yourself is are you going to get AC and LM regardless?

I'm in the same boat. I have CV and FE and wouldn't mind getting LM but the rest of the 8 I'm not bothered about. But if I can guarantee (or as good as) that I'll be purchasing LM at some point, is it better to pay £30 and get a game for free (even though I wouldn't have ever chosen to buy the other game at full price) or hang on and see if it drops in price?

Basically, do I wait until I can get it for say £20 and then miss out on a full game as a result - are any of the free games worth the potential saving I can make on LM by waiting. The fact is, I'd never pay £30 for Animal Crossing as it holds little initial appeal to me but at £10, it might be worth a punt for curiosities sake.

This of course assumes a game like LM would drop as low as £20 anyway and given it's currently flying off shelves all around the world, it doesn't look likely any time soon and that tends to be the way with most first party games.

I hope that makes sense :)

Oh I am definitely buying Luigi's Mansion (once I finished FE) and I already have Animal Crossing pre-ordered for about £26 and a bit. But then I will end up with a free game that I don't really want. =P

Oh I am definitely buying Luigi's Mansion (once I finished FE) and I already have Animal Crossing pre-ordered for about £26 and a bit. But then I will end up with a free game that I don't really want. =P

That's a decent price for AC you've hit upon.

I wonder if you could sell the code on. You could register your 3 games and then ask anyone you know if the want one of the games because you can get it for them discounted price. They give you £15 and name the game they want and then you submit a request for that game and give them the code - everyone's a winner.

Can anyone possibly verify that as an option or is the DL somehow tied to your Club Nintendo account before you even get it?

Edited by Captain Falcon

I very much doubt that you will be given a code, you'll make your choice through Club Nintendo I imagine, and the game will be added to your account.