NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Weren't you buying a lime-colored car?

Lol a long story.

But yes I was. And it was Mustard. God Magnus! :angry:

Lol. I changed my mind before it went into build as a few people said it looked grandad-ish. So I went for red as thought it suited the car a little better. Glad I did now! :p

That's a shame, I liked the other car better. :heh:

But I liked it more when I thought it was lime green.

bg.jpg

Two tickets for the Sunday of the opening weekend at the IMAX in 3D and all that stuff.

£WAYTOOMUCHMONEYBUTIDON'TCARETHISTIMEJUSTTAKEMYMONEY

Already posted in the Fire Emblem Awakening thread, but the FEA 3DS XL:

IMG_20130419_192003.jpg

Pokemon Gold & Silver manga arrived:

IMG_20130427_171037.jpg

Some VC titles:

IMG_20130427_170958.jpg

Chief on!:

IMG_20130427_170943.jpg

Not the game, but I bought some protective cases for my Dragon Quest collection, you should just be able to make it out. Annoyingly they didn't have any for the Super Famicom. Might pick up some more in the future.

IMG_20130427_221900.jpg

Edited by Ike

Recently purchased:

Touch on DVD (Sadly not given a Bluray release)

16GB SD card for 3DS

£30 worth of E-shop credit, which was used to download Luigis Mansion 2

Since we got a £10 voucher in Sainsbury's, we decided to spend it on this compact George Foreman grill, so it only cost us £9.99 =)

product_a80_18840_main.jpg

Bought 2 tickets for Star Trek Into Darkness. Only cost £10 as it's on a Tuesday evening. But yay. :D

Trying to get tickets for Man of Steel. Empire are only selling tickets for the 3D version so far, which I don't want. The IMAX in Southampton is charging £15 a ticket, which is a lot to me, especially as it's a 40 minute drive to get there. Hmm. Don't let me down, Empireeeee.

Bought 2 tickets for Star Trek Into Darkness. Only cost £10 as it's on a Tuesday evening. But yay. :D

Trying to get tickets for Man of Steel. Empire are only selling tickets for the 3D version so far, which I don't want. The IMAX in Southampton is charging £15 a ticket, which is a lot to me, especially as it's a 40 minute drive to get there. Hmm. Don't let me down, Empireeeee.

Are you talking about the Empire in Tower Park? I don't think they have an IMAX screen :(

And you're so right about it getting so expensive at the Odeon. Now they've started charging different prices for different times of day/week the prices overall seem to have shot up. I'll only ever go on a Wednesday to get 2 for 1 now.

I also booked my cinema tickets for Star Trek Into Darkness. £5.25 for a Saturday morning.

Are you talking about the Empire in Tower Park? I don't think they have an IMAX screen :(

And you're so right about it getting so expensive at the Odeon. Now they've started charging different prices for different times of day/week the prices overall seem to have shot up. I'll only ever go on a Wednesday to get 2 for 1 now.

Noooo, the IMAX at Southampton. The tickets for that are expensive, and the Empire in Tower Park seem to only be selling tickets for the 3D version, which I don't really care a lot about. They're doing both versions at the Odeon but I don't go to the Odeon in central Bournemouth as it's not as good as the Empire at TP, in my opinion. Tempted to IMAX it in Southampton, but it's a long way to drive and the 2D version is only being shown in the morning/early afternoon for some bizarre reason.

I also booked my cinema tickets for Star Trek Into Darkness. £5.25 for a Saturday morning.

In general, how do you feel about going to the cinema in the morning? I always almost regard it as an evening affair, like it's some sort of main event at a Wrestling Pay-Per-View.

In general, how do you feel about going to the cinema in the morning? I always almost regard it as an evening affair, like it's some sort of main event at a Wrestling Pay-Per-View.

Nooooooo way.

For me it doesn't feel right if it's not dark when you come out of the cinema! :p

It really doesn't feel any different at all to me.

Edit: It also probably makes a difference that transportation in the evening is a pain.

Edited by Cube

Bought one of these:

9073.jpg

It's not for me though...obviously.

Pokemon Gold & Silver manga arrived:

IMG_20130427_171037.jpg

Is each series a different title in itself or does it follow one group like the anime? I've been considering starting from the beginning.

Hmmm, to me it seems more weird having a shower in the morning :blank:

But I think the main shock will come from when you exit the cinema and it's still day.

Is each series a different title in itself or does it follow one group like the anime? I've been considering starting from the beginning.

Volumes 1 - 3 mostly follows Red, then switches to Yellow for the last few volumes, but their stories tie together without saying too much.

Volume 8 switches to Gold then switches to Crystal around volume 10 or 11, can't remember which one. Red, Blue and Yellow have also returned so looks like their stories will all connect. Gold's and Crystal's do anyway so far.

The Diamond & Pearl an Black & White all seem to have their own new stories.

I like the manga better than the Anime, but they keep giving the main characters odd quirks.

Volumes 1 - 3 mostly follows Red, then switches to Yellow for the last few volumes, but their stories tie together without saying too much.

Does it follow them on their badge gathering quest? Then switches to a new group in a new land?

I like the manga better than the Anime, but they keep giving the main characters odd quirks.

I have heard things about how Lt. Surge and Blaine are all hardcore and working for Team Rocket n' shit, but haven't wanted to do too much research.

Does it follow them on their badge gathering quest? Then switches to a new group in a new land?

I have heard things about how Lt. Surge and Blaine are all hardcore and working for Team Rocket n' shit, but haven't wanted to do too much research.

Red's does at first but then the story line changes dramatically. Been a while since I've read his part so I can't remember, pretty sure I remember him battling in the league though. I'll check tonight if you want.

And what you heard about about Surge and Blaine are

correct.

By quirks I meant Gold has this thing about using a pool stick to launch Pokeballs with, although he hasn't done that in a while. Crystal is some sort of super Pokemon catcher and she kicks the Pokeballs to capture Pokemon. Diamond (think he was called Dia or something silly) was basically a hyperactive kid which got on my nerves so I stopped reading the Diamond/Pearl volumes. Black has his Munna eat his dreams so he can clear his head and focus.

Guess they needed to add some extra personality in the characters or something.

But yeah, pick up the Red & Blue and Gold & Silver series first. Wait for Black & White because they only have shorter books released instead of the larger manga volumes.

Bought one of these:

9073.jpg

It's not for me though...obviously.

So if you never mention this again, it's safe to assume she said no, right?