NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Yeah? Well it's putting me off hugely. I signed up to Plus a few days ago. I went to download Sleeping Dogs, it's 8GB. I have a 30MB cable connection meaning it should've taken roughly 44 minutes to download.

Try 6.5 hours. Didn't get to play it that night....

The next night I got chance to fire it up. Update needed. Why not just download the most up to date version in the first place? Who knows. Update size? Just shy of 1GB.

2 hours later it was at 50%....

Still haven't played it yet.

This is the downfall of many an ISP that throttle the fuck out of PSN downloads. But not necessarily downloads on other systems.

Are you on Virgin Media?

Yeah, so it's their fault? Can I ring them up and sort it out? Always get high speeds on my Xbox, heck even my phone gets full speed app downloads.

Had a splurge last night due to some money from my nan's estate

ASUS-P8Z77-VLXx-1.jpg

With a quadcore i5 3.2GHz Processor & 16GB of RAM

Also got

41bUot3OfHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Plus Windows 8

Hope you've got good cooling for that beast :D Is it the i5-3470? Pips my i7 920 on benchmarks despite being cheaper than that was 3+ years ago :heh:, maybe it's time for an upgrade....

Nice one! How big and how much did it cost?

It's this one. I managed to snag one brand new for £500.

I do love having internet on my TV. Being able to use Iplayer is so convenient.

Hope you've got good cooling for that beast :D Is it the i5-3470? Pips my i7 920 on benchmarks despite being cheaper than that was 3+ years ago :heh:, maybe it's time for an upgrade....

Yeah it is the i5-3470. When I ordered it, I also got a Coolermaster Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler & Heatsink. Was going to go with a Liquid Cooler but it's overkilll

I also got this fan from Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000FDE0CQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i01

61wPnP-CN4L._AA1500_.jpg

It got good reviews in that it is very quiet and has decent airflow

Just for a moment I thought you were telling me that was your CPU fan :blank:

Ahaha god no. That's just the case fan. The CPU Fan is the Coolermaster Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler & Heatsink

HyperTX3_EVO_590x442_2.jpg?889210627

I have that fan :D Or very similar. Worth noting I had to buy a much bigger case for it.

I have that fan :D Or very similar. Worth noting I had to buy a much bigger case for it.

I figured that may be an issue. Will hold off til I get it, just to make sure. My case is a bit small though :(

Yeah I went and measured a bunch in a couple of stores and none were big enough. Bought one online and had to return it as it wasn't as wide as specs said. Was trying to avoid buying a gaming case but in the end splashed out for an Antec 900, which has the added bonus of 2 front 12cm fans, 1 back and a 20cm fan on the top :)

Yeah I went and measured a bunch in a couple of stores and none were big enough. Bought one online and had to return it as it wasn't as wide as specs said. Was trying to avoid buying a gaming case but in the end splashed out for an Antec 900, which has the added bonus of 2 front 12cm fans, 1 back and a 20cm fan on the top :)

Damn, cases are expensive. So much for doing this on the cheap :/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CiT-Vantage-Gaming-Audio-Reader/dp/B0071KZNUY/ This one seems to be the same dimensions as the one you listed so I think I'll go with it

Edited by Serebii

I bought an Antec 300 Two for mine. I didn't really look at the size as someone recommended it to me.

I was expecting a fairly normal sized case. I got quite a shock when I unpacked it: 513 mm (H) x 229 mm (W) x 471 mm (L).

71B%2BOBGBDmL._AA1500_.jpg

Bought this now :p

I may as well keep my old PC in backup since I'm replacing everything except HDD and graphics card lol

Going to try and install in my current case first. If that works, I'll send it back

Edited by Serebii

I bought an Antec 300 Two for mine. I didn't really look at the size as someone recommended it to me.

I was expecting a fairly normal sized case. I got quite a shock when I unpacked it: 513 mm (H) x 229 mm (W) x 471 mm (L).

Yup, was me. I also have that case and the CPU fan Serebii posted. Fits well in the 300 two.

91Z0T6G5n2L._AA1500_.jpg

EEEEHHHR MEEEHRR GEEERD!! I haven't bought a collectors edition since MGS4. Yeah, it pricey but whatevs. I want the New 52 Wonder Woman skin. I wish they'd hurry the fuck up an announce the Red Son pre-order skin...Amazon better get it...or I'll be miffed.

81lLsIFCRpL._AA1500_.jpg

I love my Vita. I love this game. I should be done with Ni No Kuni by the time this arrives.

new-ford-fiesta-pictures-hands-on-0.jpg?20121126-174026

A new car ... as you do haha.

My current car is costing me too much money both in repayment, insurance and general running.

New Fiesta's are zero tax (then £20 year), 1.0 litre eco boost engine so cheap to insure as low insurance group, and much better MPG.

Colour of that is what I chose - I get it's a marmite colour, but I loved it the first time I saw it!

I had to haggle loads but managed to get the woman to throw in every optional extra going virtually, as she only budged slightly on the price. I pretended I had a quote from Renault on the new Clio and we managed to come to an arrangement!

Anyway, it doesn't arrive until April and I guess it's not really a 'buy' as such, but it's a long term buy ha. :grin:

Sorry to keep you waiting!

Wasn't expecting this to arrive yet so it was a nice surprise, the Kid Icarus: Uprising OST!

IMG_20130211_190931.jpg

The packaging is really nice. It has a plastic sleeve with a window (well technically it's door where Pit leaves to enter the stages) on it. The actual case feels really nice, super smooth. And of course some great artwork. Also came with 2 AR cards (#408 & #375).

IMG_20130211_191249.jpg

new-ford-fiesta-pictures-hands-on-0.jpg?20121126-174026

Colour of that is what I chose - I get it's a marmite colour, but I loved it the first time I saw it!

I'd say mustard rather than marmite.

But there are benefits to having a car that colour (which probably don't balance the downside of it having crappy resale value), my mum had a VW Passat in that colour, and it was always really easy to find it in a busy carpark!

I'd say mustard rather than marmite.

But there are benefits to having a car that colour (which probably don't balance the downside of it having crappy resale value), my mum had a VW Passat in that colour, and it was always really easy to find it in a busy carpark!

Marmite as in love / hate haha.

And you're right - it actually is called 'Hot Mustad' :heh:

But yes, I was aware re the resale value being slightly down but I just didn't want it in any other colour than that once I saw it!

And I never thought about the car park scenario! That is a win haha. : peace:

71B%2BOBGBDmL._AA1500_.jpg

Bought this now :p

I may as well keep my old PC in backup since I'm replacing everything except HDD and graphics card lol

Going to try and install in my current case first. If that works, I'll send it back

Cooler Master or bust.

Cooler Master or bust.

That arrived today :)

Looks huge, will definitely need this new case...putting it together concerns me due to the "cooling paste"

It's a long shot but does anybody have a watch from TokyoFlash?

Might want to get one but am a bit concerned about the sturdiness and quality.

Other websites for 'unique' watches will also be appreciated.

Edited by drahkon