NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

If you wear that Zelda shirt in public and also complain in the relationship advice thread then you are beyond help.

If you wear that Zelda shirt in public and also complain in the relationship advice thread then you are beyond help.

That why, if you get gaming clothes, it should be something like the Mass Effect stuff.

Haha, so much hate for the zelda shirt! Harsh.. I have one, which is black with a silver triforce logo type thing (the part that's yellow on that shirt)... I even wear it to casual dress day at work sometimes :P

I've not even worn it yet and I've already got an offer of a public humping ::shrug:

Scott-Pilgrim-6-Blu-ray.jpg

My blu-ray collection is still ever growing and this film was one that was on my must-have list and URRRGH, it looks amaaahhhhzing! Very happy with this purchase! :D

I'm wondering whether I should get the Superman collection on blu-ray. It's £12 in Tesco and I've not seen them before (I've only seen Superman Returns and if my memory serves me right, I thought it was decent). I know it's £12 but if I don't like them, I can't return them once I break the seal, haha. I could trade them in if I don't like it, I guess but what do you guys think of the Superman movies, are they worth it? Because I'll be honest here, 3 and 4 look a bit dodgy to me, lmao.

I can't say about the films (I hate the character), but the video quality is apparently a mixture - Superman looks OK, 2, 3 and 4 look good and Returns is apparently fairly poor quality.

Yeah, I'm kind of iffy with the character as well. Like, I kind of do want to see it but then the character just looks bland yet strangely enough, I want to see Man of Steel. I know it's a stand-alone film away from the other movies but would it be worth watching the movies in the lead-up to it?

So approaching them as movies alone...

Do you need to watch them before Man of Steel... not really. They're not going to feel particularly connected. However Superman 1 and 2 are nice, enjoyable films, now a bit silly. Even if you dislike the character, the performances are solid, especially Reeve, who put his all into the role and took it immensely seriously, and Hackman, a great character if a corny Lex Luthor. Terrence Stamp is great in 2. Occasionally though the plot flops with some stupid decisions, some of which were corrected in Donner's cut of the first two films but actually just wound up bringing more problems to the table. I don't think that cut will be in the version you're looking at though.

And it's interesting to examine special effects that were considered so good at the time, they used the tagline "you will believe a man can fly". This is pre-digital, wires, trick photography, scale models, huge budget.

Even if you own them, I would say don't even bother with 3 and 4, they were abominations of movies, even Richard Pryor's presence couldn't save 3, although it does have one very cool, very dark scene.

Superman Returns was ok. It was fluff though, and it rode too much on a broken romance and not enough on Superman. I also never liked Routh in the tights, his performance is just a little too mousey.

Edited by Shorty

I also never liked Routh in the tights, his performance is just a little too mousey.

He is, however, amazing in Chuck.

Fucks sake...

4321.png

Do what that bloke in Ireland did. Thats all i recommend at this point.

Do what that bloke in Ireland did. Thats all i recommend at this point.

What was that? And it was a joke that I'd bought that anyway ;)

He is, however, amazing in Chuck.

I liked him in Scott Pilgrim too, but as supes he just didn't have the presence. Two scenes really stand out, one, his first bit of speaking as Superman, on the plane - rehashing lines from the 70s movies but so softly you can barely hear him. Then, when getting kicked around by Luthor's thugs, I couldn't make out what he was shouting until I put the subtitles on. That one's more Singer's fault though.

With only one exam left and that being a week away, I treat myself to a few things whilst I was out in town...

allsaints-washed-black-buckley-chelsea-boot-product-1-4574254-300381454_large_flex.jpeg

This pair of shoes from All Saints - £45 down from £Remortgage.

soap-star-frame.jpg

Telly picture frame from Urban Outfitters for £5, where I was then told I could have this Pac Man mug...

pac-man-heat-changing-mug-[3]-250-p.jpg

..for free! :)

music_niki_and_the_doves.jpg

karin-park-highwire-poetry.jpg

Not heard nor heard of either of them, but the vinyls were only £5 each and I just thought what the hell.

81agLp231xL._AA1500_.jpg

This also arrived from Amazon today, a replacement for my iPod nano. Android is still my least favourite of the mobile operating systems but for £175 less than a new iPod touch, I'll deal with it. Cost me £75 from Amazon, should be able to sell my old nano for £40 at Cex apparently. I'm due a phone upgrade in May so if I get a phone that can service as my primary music player, I'll sell this on - would only have to get £35 for it to break even then!

Edited by ipaul

win8-retail-packaging.jpg

All for £15 upgrade. Thanks to the timeframe Microsoft provided for upgrading to 8 for this price.

Also payed for that Startisback app (thanks to former N-Europe'r Jordan) so now it boots to desktop instead of the Metro design.

1414384-a.jpg

Sale £19

So. Much. Want. :(

I would have got the Tetris one but they ran out.

Here you go.

You can enter a code for discount on home stuff so it costs £4 rather than 5.

assassins-creed-forsaken.jpg?w=560

Do not let the cover fool you, this is all about the story of Haytham before the events of Assassin's Creed III

the-labyrinth-of-osiris.jpg

Saw this and was intrigued. Always been a fan of Ancient Egypt-esque things and wanted to read something from someone I've never read before.

I would have got the Tetris one but they ran out.

Here you go.

You can enter a code for discount on home stuff so it costs £4 rather than 5.

Or Sainsburys, Forbidden Planet and many other places :)

Or Sainsburys, Forbidden Planet and many other places :)

Yeah true that, I have seen them in many places. Burton was another, I think.

Do not let the cover fool you, this is all about the story of Haytham before the events of Assassin's Creed III

Oh, so that's why they were so vague about his backstory in Assassin's Creed III.