NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Yeah Dual Strike was just immense. Levelling up all COs to 10 for epic perks.

Oooo, got the Razor mouse and keyboard as well.

Hmm looks like a 6850/6870 for GPU, and...can't make a guess at CPU. Guessing Intel just because.

What are the specs though, cause those a usually more interesting that pictures.

Ah apologies, spent so long trying to get the pictures to show I completely forgot.

It has:

-Asus P8P67 Pro Rev3 Intel P67 Express Socket 1155 Motherboard

-XFX HD 6950 ATI AMD Radeon Graphics Card 2GB

-Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3

-Intel CPU Core i7 2600K Quad Core Processor

-Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB SATA 6Gb/s Hard Drive and a OCZ 60GB Vertex 2E Solid State Drive

Plus Fans, power supply and the obvious deathadder mouse and g110 logitech keyboard. :)

Today I purchased Helplessness Blues by Fleet Foxes...

fleet-foxes-helplessness_blues.jpg

Apart from being quite literally stunned by the artwork, I was pleasantly surprised to find a black-and-white pull-out that unfolds to about ten times the size and features the very same artwork on one side while on the other it has one of the longest 'thank you' lists I've ever seen...

... so I begin reading it and then as I'm skimming down I spot the name Joanna Newsom

*stunned*

this basically made my day and I haven't even listened to the album yet. :D

I :heart:Fleet Foxes.

41Y5r3jKx2L._SS500_.jpg

Just ordered this book and the Photoshop equivalent.

this basically made my day and I haven't even listened to the album yet. :D

I :heart:Fleet Foxes.

Once you've listened to it, let me know if it's any good. =)

41Y5r3jKx2L._SS500_.jpg

Just ordered this book and the Photoshop equivalent.

And if you learn something cool from it, feel free to share it on N-E. I'm always wanting to learn more about Photoshop and Illustrator heh. =P

Will do! Most the reviews seemed really good. They're kind of pricey £20 and £27 but they're hefty and they'll be useful. To make up for it I'm not going to buy Brink next week. Was really looking forward to it but sacrifices have to be made (probably the lamest sacrifice ever). :heh:

You should check out Rez and mine's movie poster contest thread. Think it might be a pretty cool way to practice and learn new things.

Will do! Most the reviews seemed really good.

You should check out Rez and mine's movie poster contest thread. Think it might be a pretty cool way to practice and learn new things.

I did check it out. Never saw the original film though, so didn't feel I could touch the poster heh.

Maybe if I have time I'll make something for a next film in there, I don't know.

My knowledge about Photoshop is limited to using brushes and layers (the basics of it). Illustrator I know even less about. =P

With layers, right-click them and mess with the blend option. It's amazing. You can do so much.

Illustrator is a nightmare. I didn't realise it's developed by a completely different team than Photoshop. I've only started to get the basics down but I'm still scratching my head regularly. I think Dan learned how to use it.

With layers, right-click them and mess with the blend option. It's amazing. You can do so much.

Illustrator is a nightmare. I didn't realise it's developed by a completely different team than Photoshop. I've only started to get the basics down but I'm still scratching my head regularly. I think Dan learned how to use it.

Oh I know how to use layers heh. I do all sorts of stuff with it. Multiply is especially useful for me (lets me colour in my scanned in sketches). =)

I was talking more about the more advanced stuff. For example I still don't know how to do the Masking stuff heh.

As for Illustrator, all I use it for is to create simple images/graphics/designs. Never really figured out what else you can do with it. It does feel like a completely different programme than Photoshop heh.

I had to use masking for my job. Still not clear on how paths work, though. So yeah, advance stuff will be learned from this book, hopefully. :smile:

I've only used Illustrator for making pretty basic vector designs to import into Photoshop. Every time I open it I'm just like "WTF did I just do and what happens now?" :hehe:

Once you've listened to it, let me know if it's any good. =)

Turns out it's equally as aurally stunning as the artwork is aesthetically pleasing, if you liked the original album then you're going to love this and if you loved the original album then... prepare to be stunned.

vitamin d supplements (about £7) and 10 sunbed sessions for £30 =)

oh and a yummy ham and cheese panini from streat :)

I was talking more about the more advanced stuff. For example I still don't know how to do the Masking stuff heh.

Masking is just like real life masking, except you can drag the mask from one layer to another, turn it on and off or duplicate it. So it's like... you turn on a mask, paint or draw something and you're "creating" the mask. It can even have soft brushes or semitransparency, or just be a selection with the marquee tool or by ctrl+clicking another layer.

Then you apply the mask to your layers, and you get a viewing window for that layer based on the mask you've drawn. You can then drag the mask around (that little black box that appears in the middle of the layer) or duplicate it or whatever.

If you use the pen tool and turn your path into a layer mask, it's the best way to cut out an image.

A shitload of stickers for Jidderbug:

work.7109366.1.sticker,170x180.cube-shape-sticker-v1.png

work.7117714.1.sticker,170x180.i-r-artichoke-bumper-sticker-v1.png

work.1918379.2.sticker,170x180.whistle-boy-v1.png

work.7109833.1.sticker,170x180.kitty-v1.png

work.2534501.5.sticker,170x180.retro-rockers-v1.png

work.2449441.2.sticker,170x180.dinki-di-dog-food-v1.png

work.6133909.1.sticker,170x180.tech-support-v1.png

work.5561624.2.sticker,170x180.drunks-dont-get-tattooed-v1.png

work.5127142.3.sticker,170x180.ratdub-v1.png

Ah man that is gonna look awesome. You still want more right?

Of course. Keep them coming.

Of course. Keep them coming.

good god your dash is gonna be full of artichokes you know...

good god your dash is gonna be full of artichokes you know...

I know. I'm a fool.

On a slightly related note, Jidderbug currently has a black rubber duck on the bonnet. In a random encounter last night, I acquired a normal yellow rubber duck. That's 2 in a week. Good times.

Foo Fighter / Billabong Boardshorts - fooBillabong400_3.jpg

O'Neill Boardshorts - shorts.jpg

Lowlife Belt - AAAADLMzfTMAAAAAAGzHeQ.jpg?v=1251603999000

Superdry Flip Flops - mmGetImage.ashx?fn=ZQ1549_1_thumb.jpg

Quicksilver t - Quiksilver-Mathiew-Hi-TShirt-Light-Blue-Heather.jpg

5180ZHDSw8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

SOOKIE_STACKHOUSE_BOOK_11_DEAD_RECKONING_BY_CHARLAINE_HARRIS_002ACFA5.JPG

cod-escalation-584x320.jpg

More Amazon MP3s:

Inspired by the Kirsten Dunst version (which I guiltily quite like):