NEurope
Happenstance

AdBlock

Has anyone else who uses the AdBlock add ons noticed it seems to be causing more problems that solving them lately?

Over the past few weeks ive just noticed that images on certain sites no longer load and videos sometimes just will not load up until I disable adblock. Its only been over the past few weeks, maybe a month that this has been happening to me.

If you're talking about Adblock Plus, the Firefox add-on, I use it, and everything seems normal to me.

Yep thats the one im using. Glad to see from the other comments that its not just me thats having these problems.

Different line of thought but I personally don't use any form of adblockers (other than for pop-ups) because the vast majority of websites exist because of the adverts. If no one sees the adverts it means that these websites won't make any money and won't be able to survive. I don't want people blocking my adverts so I'm not going to block theirs.

The common counter-argument is that you wouldn't click on the adverts anyway but this doesn't really matter as a lot of adverts aren't about being clicked; just the message being put out there.

I stopped using it because of the problems i've had with it, always stopped Youtube from working properly.

I use Adblock Plus AND Noscript and temporarily allow sites all the time, rarely permanently.

I don't have problems with youtube, but I'm more than happy to skip around a few options to get things to work in exchange for security