NEurope
Captain Falcon

Apologies

At least you got some recognition greg! :P

Yeah CP, nicely done! Made the effort but a follow-up box of chocolates would have been nice too ;)

It's just never good enough for you lot is it... :p

In other, more serious, times, it can be difficult to forgive someone, but the longer you go without forgiving that person, the more the situation worsens. Soon enough, you won't even remember why you distrust this person so much, only that you do, and he who was once your friend is now an enemy you avoid.

Write it down then.

With a different pen.

She's a bitch because a friend forgot her birthday?

Christ..

No, she's a bitch for reacting like a bitch.

Christ..

Word up. Sadly there are those people who remind me of Donna from Neighbours who think you should drop everything for them:

Someone: "But I've been waiting years for this kidney transplant!"

Donna: "Yeah but if I don't get to the bus stop now, I'll have to wait 30 minutes! My life will be over!"

People forget things, sometimes it may be something involving you. Deal with it.

You know I'm just joking :P

I know, that's why I used a smiley - I don't use them like they are going out of fashion unlike some (and I don't mean you either btw)

Well she has finally forgiven me... but it wasn't the card that did it, it was the message I sent her yesterday on Facebook that she has finally got round to reading today.

Edited by Captain Falcon
Because I don't want to have to apologise to someone else

I'm a complete and utter pushover.

I'm never really angry at people these days, but I don't have any reason to be anyway :p

Word up. Sadly there are those people who remind me of Donna from Neighbours who think you should drop everything for them:

Someone: "But I've been waiting years for this kidney transplant!"

Donna: "Yeah but if I don't get to the bus stop now, I'll have to wait 30 minutes! My life will be over!"

People forget things, sometimes it may be something involving you. Deal with it.

I mentioned it because birthdays can be important and to be frank I'd be a complete arse if a good friend I classed as a brother forgot my birthday too.

No, she's a bitch for reacting like a bitch.

Christ..

Well, I think you're an asshole.

You: Telling it like it is makes me an asshole?

Me: No, you're an asshole because you act like an asshole.

Jokes aside, I'd say a close friend forgetting your birthday is something to be upset about. It's not selfish or petty, it's normal.

And Falcon there apologized nicely, maintaining a good friendship in the process. With that attitude, you wouldn't have that friendship in the first place.

Unless you were making a joke, in which case, I apologize. And forgive you :heh:

pffft my best friend forgot my birthday last year.

A)I didn't care.(I must be abnormal?)

B) He jumped out of a window for me.

I try not to do anything that involves me having to make any apology later, so far in life it has worked. :smile: If someone did something to me I'm a forgive and forget kinda guy.

Holding grudges is too much hard work forget that.

I'm actually incapable of staying annoyed at someone for more than a few hours, however angry I seem at the time. That said, it takes an awful lot to actual get me annoyed with anyone.

Like other here, it seems, I find it very hard to be annoyed with people. I just don't like having bad feelings with someone. If they've wronged me, I'd rather just forget about it and move on. I really want to believe that people have no intentions of screwing me over, though I know that's optimistic. I'm of course wary that I'm not being totally screwed, but otherwise I won't waste my time with negative feelings.

I have a similar approach as well. Basically, I'm slow to anger and fast to forgive. People make mistakes, including myself, so I see no point in holding any grudges...takes way too much energy AND just makes you feel bad. Of course, I do expect people to take responsibility for their actions, but if they choose not to, and I've done all I can about it...then I'll just try to let go. Much easier than continuing to burn your mind with anger...

On the other hand, I hate the idea of anyone being annoyed with me, especially when it's for something I've done unintentionally.

Yep...also, holding a grudge seems quite unnecessary to me, since I'm always open for discussing anything...Was REALLY surprised, when one person chose to totally cut ties with me some years ago. I had blogged about some conflicts in the school, also wrote an email for her...and she just flipped out. Sure, I was partially at fault too, could have rephrased some stuff, but at least I was trying to solve the situation...But no, she just got mad and announced how she never wanted to see me again. Like wtf...

Got some pretty strong emotions from this incident, especially when the other party didn't even want to talk...I did speak with a friend of ours, but our minds didn't really meet...Their stance was that it was all my fault, and I was just trying to apologise...in the end, there really was no closure. I did send a second email pretty soon after the reply, stating that I'd always be open for discussion should she she choose to change her mind later...In regard to the friend, haven't been in touch with her since then...aaaand we're no longer fb "friends" either :D Though to be honest, we really weren't at the same wavelength anymore anyway...

When I look at this situation now, I can see that I gave in too much to their anger...Got so confused about whether I was the only one to blame that I totally dropped my guard. Wasn't too good at holding my own back then...Sure, I was at fault too, but that doesn't mean people can treat me however they wish...Anger is fine and a natural emotion all right, so no problem there...However, cutting all contact instantly and refusing to discuss anything...well, that's not awfully mature behaviour, now is it?

It's quite funny, I've seen the other party a few times, and we've just walked past each other with no eye contact...have yet to try to greet her and see what happens :D

Edited by Ville

I tend to forget if I'm angry with people very easily. There's this guy that shares my name that I have despised, then forgot about my hate, talked to him again, despised him again, forgot etc.

And now I don't hate him again.