NEurope
Happenstance

Phantasy Star Online 2

People have claimed to getting AC using US Xbox Live giftcards but I wouldn't risk my money personally as I've read it working for some and not for others.

I'm waiting until the Windows 10 release which is next month before playing PSO2 again so that I can play again from my desk and chair.  I have had back pain and neck pain from playing PSO2 from my bed, haven't been on PSO2 nearly 2 weeks now.

I have a level 45 Force called Gadwin and a level 47 Ranger called Jupiter on Ship 2:Ur

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, S.C.G said:

You can't buy Arkz Cash outside of NA... at least not without going through a few loopholes and it's so complicated that personally, I wouldn't bother but I think @Gadwin mentioned that there is a way but I can't even find it and I did have a quick look as well but I'll ask him next time we catch up or next time he's on the forum. :D

How are you finding PSO2 anyway? Is it keeping your interest? Are you finding all of the different elements a bit overwhelming? Or is it exactly what you wanted from a PSO sequel?

Which ship are you on? If you're on Ship 02: Ur then we could probably get a game in sometime if you like?

Ship 3 I think but you can change ships can’t you? I like it, trying all the different jobs out but max is a 34 hunter.

Trying to get used to affixes and enhancements, got a ship token which netted me 3 million but would like to have the premium pass!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Esequiel said:

Ship 3 I think but you can change ships can’t you? I like it, trying all the different jobs out but max is a 34 hunter.

Trying to get used to affixes and enhancements, got a ship token which netted me 3 million but would like to have the premium pass!

As far as I know, it costs currency to move your character between ships and you need to have a free character slot available on that ship.

Yeah, there's a lot to take in with the game it seems, no idea what that ship token is but that three million meseta will surely come in handy for buying stuff for your character; it looka like the only way to get that premium pass is to get some US region Xbox Live giftcards but as Gadwin has said, it does sound like a risky thing to do.

If it pays off though and you get the pass, I guess you can get those awesome looking original PSO outfits at least. :D

Edited by S.C.G

20 hours ago, S.C.G said:

As far as I know, it costs currency to move your character between ships and you need to have a free character slot available on that ship.

Yeah, there's a lot to take in with the game it seems, no idea what that ship token is but that three million meseta will surely come in handy for buying stuff for your character; it looka like the onlt way to get that premium pass is to get some US region Xbox Live giftcards but as Gadwin has said, it does sound like a risky thing to do.

If it pays off though and you get the pass, I guess you can get those awesome looking original PSO outfits at least. :D

Yeah I can set up a new character on ship two, maybe if it gets an EU release!

i meant the shop pass, it gave me 3 days of a shop to sell stuff!

• Thanks 1

So still smashing this on ship 3, up to level 55 at the minute 60 hours in.

Also, i used play asia and got a USD xbox code, it worked fine. It asked for my address during the purchase on xbox so i put the hotel i stayed at in Florida last year and it was fine :)

• Thanks 1

I am still absolutely loving this, 200 hours in now, it’s the perfect sequel to PSO. Content is slowly coming, spending my time levelling multiple jobs to 75 :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ike said:

Window 10 version comes out on the 27th (in the US).

You should be able to get the PC client in the same way as on the Xbox One, just go to the store signed in with a Microsoft account/hotmail/outlook account and change the region to US, download it, then change the region back to UK, there shouldn't be any issues.

I really don't think the rest of the world will be getting a dedicated separate release as such, this is it as far as I can see, the US release basically equals worldwide release, even if it does happen and we get separate servers, who knows when that will happen if at all.

I'll probably start playing again when this launches on PC, I'll keep playing on the Xbox One though for simplicity.

Well switching regions was a breeze. All installed.

You don’t get locked to a ship do you? Seems strange you do that before creating your character.

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Well switching regions was a breeze. All installed.

You don’t get locked to a ship do you? Seems strange you do that before creating your character.

You end up playing just on that ship with that character, you can change ships after you've created the character I think but somehow it costs unless you get one free ship change?

Myself and Gadwin opted for Ship 02 when signing up.

I'll be curious to see what you think of the game, also maybe I'll jump on at some point and we could get some games in, see how you find the game first though. :)

I'm still on Ship 2 at the moment.  The whole 60 blocks were filled when I had a quick go on pc version yesterday evening.

The game stutters a lot in lobby for me but runs smooth in parties so I'm guessing it's a server side problem as this didn't happen to me on the Japanese client. Using 3570k and gtx 970.

I did get bored soloing for a bit until I discovered you can now take bots into advanced quests.

Might play a bit more over the next 2 days while off work in between forza 7 which I started playing few days ago.

• Thanks 1

I managed to join Ship 02 no problem earlier after the game finally finished downloading.

No lag in the lobby for me yet but it is early morning in the US. I’ve also heard people saying it’s a server side issue.

I can’t remember if that was the same prologue mission I did originally when I tried the game years ago with the English patch but it was nice to play anyway. Felt like slipping back into PSO immediately.

• Thanks 1

Shame I’m the only one on ship 3 - smashing it now. Got 40 mil on hand, another 60 mil to sell at the minute......

Got 2 level 75’s and working on my 3rd at the minute. My Summoner is pretty maxed but I need the 13* Jinga badly!

Got my first class Ranger to 75 just now, over the last few days really been getting back into this game.

My subclass for Ranger is Hunter 55.

Went from 48 to 75 in 4 days :)

• Thanks 1

Originally announce in the Xbox showcase, SEGA have released another video to clarify some details and Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis.

It's an expansion, but technically a separate game with an upgraded engine and graphics. Seems you can use your character in both games (there's some restrictions, levels sound like they are separate). The updated graphics for character models is being back ported to PSO2.

A tweet they made said it was a global launch, but they specifically mentioned Japan and North America which is annoying.

• Thanks 1