NEurope
Happenstance

Climbing up to the tower ! to Heaven !

I just got finished watching this and its amazing! Made me feel really ill though watching the guy climb the tower unaided.

That is incredible!! :bowdown: ...to those workers!!

Just watching that I got nervous, had sweaty palms and my heart started beating faster.

It would have been really interesting if he'd had a heart rate monitor or something... I'd have really liked to have known what he was feeling, or if he's used to it now, or just what he was experiencing... because you'd think the nerves and fear would make it almost impossible to climb, so he must have become accustomed to it somehow.

Edited by Retro_Link

Someone has to do that kind of work, hands down to them for climbing such a tower. I couldn't even do that, not that i am scared of heights or anything.

Imagine getting all the way up there and King Kong is like, "Hey!"

I'd be gutted, personally.

That video scared the shit out of me, I don't necessarily have a fear of heights, but thats just insane. No safety rope, that high up, those blokes are brave as fook.

Yeah, I'm not afraid of heights, but I do have a real thing about lack of protection/safety. They're too good.

That was insane. I'm scared of heights but this takes it to another level. Shit me. I was alright until he decided to scratch his leg at the top, and lean outward when attaching himself at the top. Fuck that. I wouldn't take a million pounds to do that.

That is freakin awesome, it's the bits where you move from one ladder to the next that would get me and of course coming back down - I'm not afraid of heights or ladders but for some reason I find it difficult to go down ladders ::shrug:

They should take a parachute up there and jump off!

That's awesome and terrifying at the same time.

They should take a parachute up there and jump off!

I'd want one anyway if I was going up there, for safety, if anything.

Oh, and the hard hats are pretty important - if you conked your head on something above you without one, you'd fall right off.

I just got finished watching this and its amazing! Made me feel really ill though watching the guy climb the tower unaided.

I thought the video was fine, how can you be scared of heights from a video?

Did you get this from PhillyD tweet?

When he got to the top...

It looked like he could lose his footing at any time.

An what the hell do they do at the top? There's nothing up there but a light :heh:

A parachute wouln't help much, considering if you fell you wouldn't fall much away from the tower for the chute to work. If you did use one it'd likely just get caught in the tower and prolly rip and you'd keep falling

An what the hell do they do at the top? There's nothing up there but a light :heh:

A parachute wouln't help much, considering if you fell you wouldn't fall much away from the tower for the chute to work. If you did use one it'd likely just get caught in the tower and prolly rip and you'd keep falling

Change the bulb?