NEurope
Choze

DmC: Devil May Cry

No :nono: Just no, the fighting is soooooo slow. Where's the fast paced Devil May Cry 3 fighting? :( I'm gonna get the HD colletion and wait for a demo of the new entry in the series...

I mean, just compare the DMC5 Demo up there with this:

No :nono: Just no, the fighting is soooooo slow. Where's the fast paced Devil May Cry 3 fighting? :( I'm gonna get the HD colletion and wait for a demo of the new entry in the series...

I mean, just compare the DMC5 Demo up there with this:

Firstly, Awesome vids.

Secondly, I agree with you in regards this DMC from what we have seen does not incite the same wow factor the predecessors did.

Thirdly, you gotta remember, the moves and weapons shown in the vid of DMC5 are probably what you get early on in the game i.e. not what a fully powered up Dante is capable of.

The DMC3 vid you linked is someone who is a hardcore player of DMC and has unlocked everything for the moves palette. If it was an average player, DMC3 would look cool. What we see here looks amazing.

Either way, I am not looking forward to DMC5 as really, it's a different Dante who, while cool in his own way (emo aside he has an interesting personality for the world he is in), is not the Dante whom many have grown to love (no homo).

I'm probably going to be the first to say it: Aside from the look of Dante himself, I really like the artistic direction the game is taking, especially the super saturated look of the colours. They've also updated Dante so that he doesn't look quite so brooding and emo, which I like.

I'm probably going to be the first to say it: Aside from the look of Dante himself, I really like the artistic direction the game is taking, especially the super saturated look of the colours. They've also updated Dante so that he doesn't look quite so brooding and emo, which I like.

Personally, I hate almost everything about the new game but am trying to reserve judgement till a demo comes out.

Tooooo sloooooow.

Even a below average player can hop onto DMC1 3 or 4 and showcase fast action. And 60 fps makes it that much smoother.

After watching that in-game demo things seem better, on reflection at least they improved the initial character model to a degree but I'd have to agree that while reasonably fluid the action does seem a little bit slower than previous games but I think in the finished article it won't seem nearly as bad when you're playing, some nice advancement in there too alongside some genuinely decent presentation.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

This game isnt DMC5 it is DmC which its an alternate universe to the DMC series.

Edit: IGN Boards:

*DmC's game play has been "streamlined" "made accessible" "dumbed down" by Ninja Theory so that more people can do flashy DMC-esque combos with less execution requirement.

*DmC does not use the standard hard lock on system of ALL previous DMC games before it. It uses a full on soft lock on system. There is no manual target switching of course. Target switches automatically based on distance/priority and in some cases you can even pull an enemy long distances despite comboing an enemy at point blank range.

*Due to no hard lock on, the attack options for a single weapon are split into 2 buttons (Y and B). B is the default launcher button and can be held to rise. Because of this, the actual number of moves mapped to BOTH buttons is LESS than the number of moves Nero can perform in DMC4 with a single button Y. Moves like Caliber, Shuffle, Table Hopper and Pandora transformations are obviously impossible on the new scheme.

*The RB/LB buttons are now the universal evade buttons. R3 + L3 is Devil Trigger.

*Style ranking system shows the style points of each moves and the multiplier of each Style letter along with the current score. The style meter goes down at an extremely slow pace and goes up at a rapid pace, maintains very easily for newcomers.

*The game features extremely floaty physics and gravity on attacks so that it's easier to do air combos for newcomers.

*The game uses a double modifier system of stances taken directly from Heavenly Sword mapped to the Right and Left triggers known as Demon/Angel stances. They change your face buttons actions.Triggers + X allow you to use the hook to either get to enemies or bring them closer. Triggers + Y/B allow moves with the demon/angel weapons and Triggers + A allow movements using angel/demon abilities.

*Game play is much more focused on crowd control given the area of effect of the weapons and less focused on 1 on 1 precise combat. There are even moves that launch multiple enemies in the air including the Devil trigger which stays on as long as you keep juggling enemies in mid-air (people have said that during a battle you can basically fight through everything with DT perma activated because of this).

*Obviously no dedicated Style move system although some style moves are integrated into the system in some way (Star dash being LT + A).

*Game runs on 30FPS.

Edited by Dante

This game isnt DMC5 it is DmC which its an alternate universe to the DMC series.

Edit: IGN Boards:

Was all of that supposed to be negative? Because I can't see any DMC fan liking a single one of these changes.

Even a below average player can hop onto DMC1 3 or 4 and showcase fast action. And 60 fps makes it that much smoother.

Yep, that was the beauty of the first three games.

Anyway, I don't really care how Dante looks (I think he doesn't really look that bad) and the artistic direction the developer chose is quite nice.

But everything about the fighting and what was said in the IGN boards sucks :hmm:

Well, let's hope we get a demo.

the environments look really bland and...oddly mechanical, like a kind of early development level with no layering to disguise the nuts and bolts of the game.

His movements look really hefty and clumsy by comparison which is worrying since fighting game mentality and precision is what the previous games have been all about. Here by comparison it look like there's a lot of effort and inertia in his movements. It's cool from a visual standpoint; the animations look more "lifelike," but it obviously is going to mean that there's less flexibility in the combat mechanics.

The 'exploding' level design bothers me... because the vast majority of the time it makes absolutely no difference to how the levels play out.

You can see straight through it to the fact that you're still just running down corridors, with these things just happening/spiralling around you.

If you're gonna do it, have it fully integrated into the levels/gameplay and the fights... with new 'arena's' and platforms appearing to add new dimensions/layers to the fights.

Kinda like the E3 trailer. Feels a bit like Devil May Cry 3.

Really? I just look at it and think 'Garbage'. Even Devil May Cry 2 had me more hyped than this game and look how that crap turned out. Ugh, I am just totally biased in my views towards this game and see nothing but faults. :(

I think it looks okay, but not good enough to persuade me to buy on release. Need to see something better!

Really? I just look at it and think 'Garbage'.

I can understand why there are people out there thinking the same way you do. Personally, I like the 'new' approach to the series, and this cocky Dante reminds a bit of DMC 3's Dante. Looking forward to it.

This has just been shown at Gamescon with Vergil finally being revealed to be in the game. It launches 15th Jan 2013 on the 360 and PS3 with PC version to follow.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Played the Demo.

Have to say it was better than expected. I'm actually considering a day-one purchase.

I played the game and got the opposite reaction. I didn't think the game looked as great as the other Devil May Cry games but I thought I'd check it out anyway and I just didn't like it at all. It feels slower and something about it is just...off. I don't like the character design whatsoever, that doesn't help matters either.

IGN Review 8.9

Actually lower than I expected after watching the review, as they love it!

Think I'm gonna check out the demo for this, however I still don't really like the visual style they've gone for.

Of course they'd love it. It does a good job at making them think that they're good at playing games ;)