NEurope
Choze

DmC: Devil May Cry

Developer : Ninja Theory

1zgt46t.jpg

capcomg-tgs0588.jpg

2ijn2pi.jpg

The next instalment of the multi-million selling Devil May Cry™ franchise, DmCsees Capcom collaborating with UK based Ninja Theory to explore new frontiers for the series. DmCis in development for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3. From its debut on PlayStation 2 in 2001, the Devil May Cry series has been synonymous with stylish action, rewarding combat and a brash, smart-talking protagonist. This ‘Devil May Cry DNA’ remains but is now injected with a dark and brutal gameplay that promises to redefine the franchise. Set against a contemporary backdrop, DmC will depict a duplicitous world where nothing is ever as it seems and the line between good and evil is constantly blurred. Spurred into action by the promises of a trusted relation, Dante bursts into this world intent on revenge at any cost. DmCwill retain the series’ signature mix of sword and gunplay but add additional weapons, all new powers and a revitalised gameplay system as players encounter the game’s devilish mix of enemies and navigate the rich, interactive environment. A true collaboration, DmCsees the team at Ninja Theory joined by key staff from Capcom’s R&D division. Creative direction for the title will be undertaken by Ninja Theory’s Tameen Antionades and overseen by Hedeaki Itsuno, who has worked on all previous titles in the series. DmC is being co-produced by Capcom’s Japanese and North American development operations.
Edited by Choze

TGS_Trailer_Screengrabs_023.jpg

TGS_Trailer_Screengrabs_018.jpg

TGS_Trailer_Screengrabs_016.jpg

Am I the only one who think's that this looks good? I actually do like the character design.

Agree on the whole chacter design pretty much sucks. Hopefully he'll have some sort of transformation that opens up a can of badass.

8:58PM Ninja Theory director Tameem Antoniades takes the stage. "We're taking a younger Dante" that incorporates the youth culture of today, from fashion to music to street art, etc.

Poochie.gif

That black haired bloke is Dante?.. (If so I have a friend of mine is about to have a meltdown)

Emo Dante? really Capcom... really? seriously what was wrong with the way Dante looked in DMC3? They should have re-used that model and just upped the poly-count/gave it a HD polish tbh.

TGS_Trailer_Screengrabs_023.jpg

TGS_Trailer_Screengrabs_018.jpg

TGS_Trailer_Screengrabs_016.jpg

Am I the only one who think's that this looks good? I actually do like the character design.

I think it looks good, except for the character, who does look better in those screens, but still off. I refuse to call it Dante though, this guy looks more like an emo ugly vampire with a drug addiction...So maybe they are appealing to todays youth::shrug:

With the shot of him at the police department I guess these are his Angsty years before his cocky years starting in DMC3.

With the shot of him at the police department I guess these are his Angsty years before his cocky years starting in DMC3.

But in the Capcom's Manga/Anime Dante went by as Tony Redgrave and was working random mercenary jobs

Or it could simply be a reboot as is the fashion these days. For me, the highpoint of the series was DMC3. The fourth was a little disappointing with bayonetta filling in for it nicely so really, I wasn't anticipating the next in the series all that much.

Wat the hell is this capcom? why make Dante look like a russian footballer??? (look how much he resembles Arshavin in Ramar's post). Capcom seriously, WTF?

i just wathced one of the vids, and when the hell do Emo crackheads look cool in anything, thats basically wat Dante is now.

capcom; screw you guys, screw you right in your eyesocket, hopefully that will get the crap out so you can see how you made one of the coolest gaming heroes look like he just escaped rehab.

p.s im so upset right now ¬_¬

The fuck is this :blank:

Not gonna be buying any emo-ness over here. Whole capturing the youth culture and fashion is a joke. Srsly. Not amused.

8:58PM Ninja Theory director Tameem Antoniades takes the stage. "We're taking a younger Dante" that incorporates the youth culture of today, from fashion to music to street art, etc.

156s8bc.jpg

He from England now. :blank:

So...they went for the Shoreditch twat look. Look at this fucking hipster.

Kind looks like they used twilight for inspiration. Personally I much preferred the gameplay and controls of Bayonetta so as far as I'm concerned DMC was done with 4. So far it doesn't seem like 5's make good games.