NEurope
mcj metroid

N-europe's Got Talent!

Right well it's finally uploaded :) I've only played the piano for just over a year so sorry if I sound all amateur-ish! Also, I have no idea why my skin is so pale in this video, for those who have seen me before hopefully you'll know that I'm not that pale in real life! :laughing:

Let me just say again, this took my like 8 hours to upload so it better get a fucking response! :p

Awesome tunes are awesome. Definitely much better than I could do within a year. :)

Also, my gawd, you're so black.

^^ That's great man! :)

Though I'd have liked to see the Piano!... so I know you're not just playing your leg to a tape recording ;)

Why, hello there, Edward Cullen! I didn't know you could play the piano! :D

In all seriousness, though, those were some pretty nice piano skills. :)

Thank you :)

Yeah, I only realised after the video was done that you couldn't see the piano, sorry :p if I upload another one I'll make sure to get it in.

Just like to repeat that my skin isn't that pale in real life :p I hope! It looks like someone painted me in White paint :S

Haha awesome piano skills. Try to work on your timing is all i'll say but awesome :D

Shame you probably don't have a real piano.

actually finally set up a decent hosting account.

Heres my first contribution to the thread although I posted these before but never reall got a response.

2 original pieces.

A pure piano one

Golden years

http://www.zshare.net/audio/811218618e8662a2/

and a techno like one

Electric keys

http://www.zshare.net/audio/811223256c465bb3/

Ya I know the names are kinda lame but what ya gonna do:) let me know what you think :)( the links actually work now)

Ill be honest im looking to bring it up to a professional level for a while. It's tough though.

Edited by mcj metroid

Out of curiosity, do you mean improve timing of the entire thing or a specific song? I've never had a piano lesson before so I'd like to improve in any way I can.

I tried playing your songs but I couldn't just "play now" without downloading stuff etc. so I'll try give them a listen tomorrow.

P.S.

Just like to prove that I do have pigment in my skin and I don't have a fear of the sun :p

As you can tell, I'm pointing to my skin to show my lovely tan :laughing:

DSCF9903.JPG

Out of curiosity, do you mean improve timing of the entire thing or a specific song? I've never had a piano lesson before so I'd like to improve in any way I can.

I tried playing your songs but I couldn't just "play now" without downloading stuff etc. so I'll try give them a listen tomorrow.

P.S.

Just like to prove that I do have pigment in my skin and I don't have a fear of the sun :p

As you can tell, I'm pointing to my skin to show my lovely tan :laughing:

Just the timing of the whole thing. That'll come though eventually :)

about my pieces:

am the player should come up eventually. It does take an annoyingly long time though.

I don't really like linking to my myspace page because I feel vain lol

http://www.myspace.com/mikeyoconnellmusic

all my best shit is here if you wanna hear ( but play golden years and skyline the rest is weird haha), as a bonus you get some very uncharming pictures of myself with short hair wearing a ghostbusters t-shirt.

Just the timing of the whole thing. That'll come though eventually :)

Yeah, I noticed the timing as well...Still, good job n-m. How long have you been playing?

I don't really like linking to my myspace page because I feel vain lol

"vanity" = being excessively proud of yourself

"good self-esteem" = acknowledging your talent

...which you clearly have, as the tracks are great. I really like 80's Battlerobots. Also, very good eq, just compare with my tracks :D What program are you using? Considering all these factors, why would you NOT showcase your talent to others? Unless you see it yourself, of course...

Edited by Ville

I want to post a video of me doing some magic from youtube but for some reason all I get is a empty white box :-S HELP!!!

Edited by Karl619
Automerged Doublepost

I want to post a video of me doing some magic from youtube but for some reason all I get is a empty white box :-S HELP!!!

There you go.

cheers Diago and thanks retro for making it work ( how did you get the link to work, these tags always confuse me ). I've only been doing magic for two months so I'm very rusty. Spot the deliberate mistakes :P

cheers Diago and thanks retro for making it work ( how did you get the link to work, these tags always confuse me ). I've only been doing magic for two months so I'm very rusty. Spot the deliberate mistakes :P

Nice tricks Karl...good choice of music, too. For the next(?) video, you might want to be a bit further away from the camera, would be nice to see your hands at all times :D

As for the youtube tags, don't copy the whole address, just the ID part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdRJge1AORg

"vanity" = being excessively proud of yourself

"good self-esteem" = acknowledging your talent

...which you clearly have, as the tracks are great. I really like 80's Battlerobots. Also, very good eq, just compare with my tracks :D What program are you using? Considering all these factors, why would you NOT showcase your talent to others? Unless you see it yourself, of course...

Ah thanks.

I use the sequencer on my synth. It's a fancy one, Roland fantom x8... I just rip the song as a sample off of it( it's not the best way to do it, but I prefer not to work with computers with this sort of thing), and then import it into adobe audition and convert it to an mp3 file...

It's a very annoying process mind you, I have hundreds of these things so I make damn sure I have one I like before starting it.

Thanks for the comment :)

I decided to make another one. As the title may hint, it's all Lady Gaga and The Legend of Zelda. The latter will probably be a little more appreciated here, even though I play them quite simply :p

I'm actually quite happy with how the video turned out, despite being shot in the middle of the day it looks like I'm in some kind of neon-blue spaceship. Or like a living "blue-period" Picasso picture.

Sorry about the weird skips at the beginning. Don't know why that happened yet, for some reason, I think it adds a little bit to the whole sci-fi-ish mood. I dunno :p

Oh your filling my head with so many ideas! :p Which Zelda song would go well with it though?

Maybe like a mixture of zelda's lullaby and the intro violin part ;)

Hope I didn't sound too amateur-ish in this video. I think I kinda rushed it but I'm still quite happy, particularly with how the poker face song turned out.

Here it is the first video i've uploaded of myself on here. The sound isn't great but I think you'll get the idea :)

Alejandro is just calling out for a remix with the Legend of Zelda theme! :D They'd blend so well!

This sounds like a job for...well...me. I love doing remixes and I haven't done one in ages! Tell me what song it is and consider it done! :D

This sounds like a job for...well...me. I love doing remixes and I haven't done one in ages! Tell me what song it is and consider it done! :D
I was thinking the main theme. The bit in nintendo-masters video at 58 secs I can hear blending into 27secs on this video for example...

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

There are probably better combinations out there, but it's just one that came to mind.

Nice one Mcj. Was listening to it in the background and the Beverley Hills Cop theme made me hard :heh:.

Here it is the first video i've uploaded of myself on here. The sound isn't great but I think you'll get the idea :)

Nice work man! I see you got the crowd amped up as well... ;)

Lots of awesome themes I like to play on the guitar as well, like the Ghosbusters theme, SMB and Axel F. The only one you missed was Rocky :D

Nice work man! I see you got the crowd amped up as well... ;)

Lots of awesome themes I like to play on the guitar as well, like the Ghosbusters theme, SMB and Axel F. The only one you missed was Rocky :D

Thanks for the feedback :)

I know I thought of rocky alright. I didn't think it would sound great on that synth though. It's only good at... well synthy kinda sounds not strings or orchestra.

Had a 5 minute time limit as well. Probably should have left out superstition, made a balls of that :D

It was originally going to be a movie/tv theme, but some of those are fair hard to play.

Nice one Mcj. Was listening to it in the background and the Beverley Hills Cop theme made me hard :heh:.

You can't see it but one of the judges said

" now the girls know what you can do with your fingers"

creepy, It's why sports people should never judge music :D

Glad I made you hard though

Edited by mcj metroid
Automerged Doublepost