NEurope
Beast

Resident Evil: Afterlife

resident-evil-after-life-posters2.jpg

I watched this yesterday and all I have to say is WTF!!! I knew it wasn't going to be good but bloody hell, I didn't think it was going to be that bad. It's not worse than Extinction but it's not far off! It was so boring and the action scenes used the Matrix slow-motion effect way too much.

If anybody else would like a laugh, Armond White has said that it's "superior to Avatar and Inception on every level"....WHAT?!

What does N-E think about the movie?

I saw this last night, I didn't really care that it was bad.

I'm a bit of an RE whore.

Is it just me or does Chris look like Eminem (unless it is him)?

I saw this last night, I didn't really care that it was bad.

I'm a bit of an RE whore.

Is it just me or does Chris look like Eminem (unless it is him)?

How dare you!

Chris is played by Wentworth Miller aka Michael Scoffield off of Prison Break aka Legend!

Can't say I was ever expecting it to be all that great, but may rent it at some stage in the future... hopefully it's enjoyable enough like the first.

It's main advertising point is "3D" therefore it must suck. Same applies to Step Up, Piranhas, Avatar, Street Dance 3D, etc.

I thought it was one of the worst trailers I've ever seen.

Not even WM or the fucking incredibly amazingly attractive Ali Larter could bring me to see this. Which is saying a lot.

But don't worry, they're making a fifth installment.

Can't say I was ever expecting it to be all that great, but may rent it at some stage in the future... hopefully it's enjoyable enough like the first.

....don't give your hopes up dude...:(

Not even the super mega foxy awesome hot Milla Jovovovovovovich and Ali Larter soaking wet scene could save this! The last fight scene was alright though to be fair, I didn't see it in 3D though, apparently the 3D in the movie is fantastic.

Edited by Animal

I went and saw it last Sunday, in 3D too.

Wasn't expecting it to be a great film or even a good film but I'm a glutton for punishment. It's called Resident Evil so of course I'm going to see it.

On the plus side it was better than the previous film.

And the best part was Wesker actually did stuff in this film unlike the previous one where he just sat there and did nothing. The last fight with him worth seeing the film for.

Was wondering what they were going to do with all the Alice clones from the last film... took the easy way out. Big elaborate action sequence ending with a giant explosion conviently killing all clones and real Alice survives.

Depowering Alice was also a nice convient way to not have to worry about her being a walking weapon... but seriously how the hell did she survive the helicopter crash. Wesker surviving I can believe, his virus regenerating I can accept and Wesker is just pure awesome anyway.

BUT Killing Wesker at the end was stupid, just as it was to kill him off in RE5.

(Although it being Wesker I would be happy with any "shark jumping" reason they could come up with if they brought him back...in both films and games)

Chris being in it was cool, although slightly contradicting promo material from the first film... I do remember they had some kind of promo newspaper article that said Chris was dead...though that being so long ago they prolly thought nobody would remember. Obviously only added because of RE5.

Though really DIDN'T like that the CHris in the film was in the army and NOT a S.T.A.R.S member.

The 3D stuff was pretty good though, stuff like the ninja stars coming at ya, or bits of wall blown apart flying around and water effects looked wicked. Think I had dodged in my seat a few times too :heh:

Oh and the bit in the airfield when Alice is holding the two magnums, I those things pointing right out of the screen had me nervous for a minute, haha.

The addition of RE4/5 style zombies/ganagos/plagas was great, yet no explanation for what they were or how they came about. Would have maybe perfered the chainsaw guys from RE4 than the giant exicutioner guy... he looked like he was out of Silent Hill than RE.

EDIT:

just to clairfy something... was that Jill in the after credits bit?

Obviously it is left set up for a 5th film, I'd love to see them bring in Leon and Ada... though they'd likely do it wrong anyway.

Would more perfer maybe if they left it alone for a few years and then did a reboot and did that properly.

Edited by Mokong
Automerged Doublepost

I went and saw it last Sunday, in 3D too.

Wasn't expecting it to be a great film or even a good film but I'm a glutton for punishment. It's called Resident Evil so of course I'm going to see it.

On the plus side it was better than the previous film.

And the best part was Wesker actually did stuff in this film unlike the previous one where he just sat there and did nothing. The last fight with him worth seeing the film for.

Was wondering what they were going to do with all the Alice clones from the last film... took the easy way out. Big elaborate action sequence ending with a giant explosion conviently killing all clones and real Alice survives.

Depowering Alice was also a nice convient way to not have to worry about her being a walking weapon... but seriously how the hell did she survive the helicopter crash. Wesker surviving I can believe, his virus regenerating I can accept and Wesker is just pure awesome anyway.

BUT Killing Wesker at the end was stupid, just as it was to kill him off in RE5.

(Although it being Wesker I would be happy with any "shark jumping" reason they could come up with if they brought him back...in both films and games)

Chris being in it was cool, although slightly contradicting promo material from the first film... I do remember they had some kind of promo newspaper article that said Chris was dead...though that being so long ago they prolly thought nobody would remember. Obviously only added because of RE5.

Though really DIDN'T like that the CHris in the film was in the army and NOT a S.T.A.R.S member.

The 3D stuff was pretty good though, stuff like the ninja stars coming at ya, or bits of wall blown apart flying around and water effects looked wicked. Think I had dodged in my seat a few times too :heh:

Oh and the bit in the airfield when Alice is holding the two magnums, I those things pointing right out of the screen had me nervous for a minute, haha.

The addition of RE4/5 style zombies/ganagos/plagas was great, yet no explanation for what they were or how they came about. Would have maybe perfered the chainsaw guys from RE4 than the giant exicutioner guy... he looked like he was out of Silent Hill than RE.

EDIT:

just to clairfy something... was that Jill in the after credits bit?

Obviously it is left set up for a 5th film, I'd love to see them bring in Leon and Ada... though they'd likely do it wrong anyway.

Would more perfer maybe if they left it alone for a few years and then did a reboot and did that properly.

I'm gonna answer your questions:

Wesker might actually be alive because, if you noticed when his plane exploded, a parachute fell out which could very well hint he's alive.

And yeah, that was Jill.

Also, I have no clue how Alice survived.

And there are rumours that they're rebooting the movies but they're actually going to follow the games.

Edited by Animal

I do have one question: Why have they used plastic action figures for the poster?

I have a real urge to watch all the Resident Evil films, despite never playing the games/knowing anything about it. Even if they're bad. I imagine they're the sorts of things I'd enjoy despite/because.

Is it anything like Ultraviolet? That was shit.

I love Milla Jovovich though. She's my favourite. I saw her in an art gallery gift shop once. And I like her album (!).

I enjoyed all the Resident Evil films, will watch this too if someone goes with me. If they don't I'll wait until it is out on DVD.

I have a real urge to watch all the Resident Evil films, despite never playing the games/knowing anything about it. Even if they're bad. I imagine they're the sorts of things I'd enjoy despite/because.

Is it anything like Ultraviolet? That was shit.

I love Milla Jovovich though. She's my favourite. I saw her in an art gallery gift shop once. And I like her album (!).

Try get round to play ReMake and Re4 and the new film takes ideas from RE5 scenes.

Off-topic Resident Evil Damnation 3D sequel to Degeneration has been announced.

leon_0.jpg

Is it hard to use Leon RE4 model. :hmm:

RE4%20-%20Leon-468x.jpg

Off-topic Resident Evil Damnation 3D sequel to Degeneration has been announced.

leon_0.jpg

Is it hard to use Leon RE4 model. :hmm:

RE4%20-%20Leon-468x.jpg

This makes me very happy. I can't wait for that movie, Degeneration was awesome! :p

Any news of when it'll be released?

I watched this yesterday and all I have to say is WTF!!! I knew it wasn't going to be good but bloody hell, I didn't think it was going to be that bad.

Dammit! I am supposed to go see this tomorrow.

Roping me into a bad movie? Misery really does love company.

I liked all the other ones, even Extinction, so I'm sure this can't be that bad. Will enjoy the game references. Surely they can't replicate Chris' enormous arms.

I shall be waiting for this to come out on dvd/blu ray.

I am a bit of a res whore but i will save my money from going the cinema...

Dammit! I am supposed to go see this tomorrow.

I feel sorry for you...well, if you're seeing it in 2D anyway, lol.

Off-topic; Loving the avatar and I'm liking the signature. I'm also liking the Death Note love going on right now.

Loving the avatar and I'm liking the signature. I'm also liking the Death Note love going on right now.

Glad to inspire so much loving and liking :grin:

I went with friends for a mate's birthday.

It was literally the worst film I've ever seen.

I don't actually want to break the film down because it just doesn't deserve it.

I went for free, and I still wish I hadn't.

I went with friends for a mate's birthday.

It was literally the worst film I've ever seen.

I don't actually want to break the film down because it just doesn't deserve it.

I went for free, and I still wish I hadn't.

Same here. I went for free but if I paid, I think I would have cried.

Went to see this today, and people were right. As a film, it is shit.

But as an entertainment piece it was amazing. I was enjoying the thing throughout. It was so funny too.

I loved the 3D effects, they were really good, better even than Avatar. In Avatar it just looked like everything was layered and the 3D wasn't really used. But here it was, even if it was the cheesy things-come-out-at-you-because-they-can sort of way.

Some parts were absolutely hilarious. The slow motion parts especially.

When they were waiting to go into the hole and then Kim Young said he didn't want to. Then out of nowhere he just splits in half because of the executioner.

:D

Or when she shoots him with the shotgun full of money and my friend says "That's what I call a money shot".

When Alice gets smacked by the hammer and she just flops over it and then onto the wall.

The way the scene was all in slow motion, reminded me of Futurama, when they spoke of the Baywatch movie shot entirely in slow motion.

Also when Alice shoots the executioner and his head completely disappears.

When Crystal gets killed and no one seems to care.

When Claire screams "It's a trap!" Loved that.

When Wesker throws the sunglasses and Chris catches them, and gets punched.

When Claire and Chris just shoot Wesker over and over again.

When she jumps off the building with a rope, and then blows up the building her rope is attached to.

Afterwards it was really awesome just laughing at the things that made no sense. So enjoyable. Totally worth the €10.70.

I'm going to say it was one of the most enjoyable films I saw recently.

See this Film was so bad, it was good. Like some sort of Resident Evil game cutscene.

Bad films that are just shit in general are ones like The Road and Clash of the Titans. But Resident Evil was a great laugh.

This was terrible but funny because of it. Whenever someone died no one gave a toss... The obvious inconsistencies kinda made it easy not to care about the plot, so just sat there and enjoyed the nonsense :indeed: