NEurope
Goafer

The Cinema

I agree, also the fact that some films are purposely bullshitted to be 3D. You can tell watching the adverts they've fucked about with the film just so they can make it 3D (naturally it brings in the money, so mission accomplished) such as Step Up 3D where you see the stupid dancing in water. And the new Resident Evil film.

Well 3D is fucking shit, but (credit where its due) Resident Evil's been 3D from the start of its production.

But I know what you're saying, the bull shit conversion thing its so shit, ie Harry Fucking Potter (I'll be raging if this isn't shown in 2D here). I'll be happy when the damn phase is over so I can get on with my movie going life.

I've never been to the cinema on my own.

I'm a proper time whore when it comes to the cinema, I go every wednesday with my girlfriend (have actually been every wednesday since March this year without fail)

and i make sure we allways leave our house like an hour before the film starts despite living 10 minute journey away from the cinema, we stop off at tesco and get snacks there, then i like to be at the cinema in plenty of time to queue for tickets (Orange Wednesday FTW) and if we have to queue to get into the screening bit, i like to be front of or as close to front of the queue as possible.

Honestly my girlfriend called me a drill instructor as i'm so organised and pushy when it comes to going to the cinema. if people come with us and are late or make us late it grinds my gears.

when ever i go with just my girlfriend we always have plenty of time to spare with really good seats. when friends come with us... not so great.

Well 3D is fucking shit, but (credit where its due) Resident Evil's been 3D from the start of its production.

But I know what you're saying, the bull shit conversion thing its so shit, ie Harry Fucking Potter (I'll be raging if this isn't shown in 2D here). I'll be happy when the damn phase is over so I can get on with my movie going life.

Actual 3D is fine. It works well for me, produces some cool effects and is generally gravy in my book (although the colour thing concerns me. Hopefully this will improve)

retrofitted 3D applied in post production can fuck. right. off. I will never, ever go and see a film like this.

Actual 3D is fine. It works well for me, produces some cool effects and is generally gravy in my book (although the colour thing concerns me. Hopefully this will improve)

retrofitted 3D applied in post production can fuck. right. off. I will never, ever go and see a film like this.

Yeah I like 3D, like ....Avatar, I thought was amazing, but just in general this 3D fad where everything has to be 3D. Like you cannot have a blockbuster these days that isn't 3D.

yeah. Well, the obvious solution is to vote with your wallet in said scenario.

as for flying solo at the cinema: I did this when I saw Inception. Was good! I mean, if you go with a friend you're basically only paying to sit in the dark and not talk.

I don't get all this 3D hype. We had this years ago. And you could make it yourself with sweet wrappers and a red and green marker.

Well I can't see anything in 3d... so...yes. Probably just a little bitter

You and 6 million other brits.

I love how they advertise a 3D film and then add in a voice said at a little slower than the speed of light:

"SOME FILM IN TREE DEE!

alsoavailableintoodee."

Well I work here:

1344002.jpg

It's call The Rex and we're in Berkhamsted (Hertfordshire). We're a bit different in that we only show two films a day, we're strictly against 3D (you'll have to make do with 2D versions of Avatar, Step Up, Toy Story 3 etc), we've banished popcorn, and we pride ourselves in luxury seating (as you can see above).

It's a really nice place I urge anyone who lives nearby to check it out! :bouncy:

I feel for the poor sod who's back is facing the screen. In saying that it looks really posh, being use to cineworld going to the cinema is far from such a delight.

I can't be the only person disgusted with cinema prices these days? Avatar cost me more to see in the cinema than the dvd. And yet you still see hollywood complain that people are abandoning the cinema, no wonder why the whole 'experience' costs a small fortune.

Looks like a really nice cinema, might have to try and arrange a trip there one day.

Looks fruity. No cup holders on the chairs either. Disgraceful.

That would be because there are tables :p

And you'd missus precious seconds of the plot having to swivel round to grab your drink.

No, I can just reach with my arm while watching. I do it all the time when watching movies at home, I think its a skill that will work just as well in a cinema.

No, I can just reach with my arm while watching. I do it all the time when watching movies at home, I think its a skill that will work just as well in a cinema.

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, knocking over your soda pop on to some poor lasses best dress. :o

We have upstairs seating too; it's on a balcony (much like a theatre layout). These are conventional rows (with cup holders!). I just think it's a great place that really appreciates the proper cinema experience.

There are some seats in that picture when turned to face the screen would prove difficult to grab your drink.

Yes but then you could simply turn your seat so its sideways, still watching the movie and grab your drink.

Yes but then you could simply turn your seat so its sideways, still watching the movie and grab your drink.

You might not remember where on the table you left it. You may have to look. You may miss a key piece of information which is crucial to the outcome film.

On a side note, they are tiny tables.

We have upstairs seating too; it's on a balcony (much like a theatre layout). These are conventional rows (with cup holders!). I just think it's a great place that really appreciates the proper cinema experience.

So I looked up your website, and it says you're restoring the St. Albans cinema. Zomgsplode, I've always wanted a cinema there, and these ones look awesome.

Well I work here:

1344002.jpg

It's call The Rex and we're in Berkhamsted (Hertfordshire). We're a bit different in that we only show two films a day, we're strictly against 3D (you'll have to make do with 2D versions of Avatar, Step Up, Toy Story 3 etc), we've banished popcorn, and we pride ourselves in luxury seating (as you can see above).

It's a really nice place I urge anyone who lives nearby to check it out! :bouncy:

YOU WORK IN THE REX!!!! zommgggzzzz. My friend raves about it/I used to live in Chesham. You might know my people.

Whats yo name brah? I wanna FB you.

I've never seen a 3D film at the cinema, it really doesn't appeal to me. I was so bored with all the hype avatar was getting, think it just put me off. Weird, I know.

I've only been to the cinema a couple of times this year (I think); toy story 3, scott pilgrim, salt, knight and day are the only films I remember going to see this year that weren't foreign. Ah well.

Edit: And I have never been to the cinema myself and don't think I have the balls to do it. I feel sorry when I see people by themselves in the cinema haha

Edited by Sooj

Well I work here:

1344002.jpg

My parents go there! They love it! I plan to give it a look some time!

It's also got a bar, which is nice; :)