NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

Yakuza 4

Yakuza 4 will be released in Europe and North America in Spring 2011, SEGA has confirmed.

The PS3 exclusive is the sequel to the 8/10 Yakuza 3, released in March.

"Set in a fully realised, authentic recreation of Tokyo's 'Sin-City district" the deep and interweaving crime drama of Yakuza 4 unfolds through the eyes of four unique and dangerous characters," says the official blurb.

"Playing as the legendary Kazuma Kiryu, the loan shark Akiyama, escaped convict Saejima or detective Tanimura, players will need to survive the dangers and temptations of the Japanese underworld."

YOU CAN VISIT HOSTESS CLUBS, TRY KARAOKE And dabble in pachinko parlours.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-03-yakuza-4-gets-western-release

Sweet. I enjoyed 3.

Did you try the demo too?

I've tried the demo and didn't really like it, but I know it's a bad idea to base my opinion on a demo.

He rented it you gimp. (probably did play the demo though)

I played the demo and thought it was good, I would've preferred it if they showed off more mini games and shizzle though.

He rented it you gimp. (probably did play the demo though)

I played the demo and thought it was good, I would've preferred it if they showed off more mini games and shizzle though.

Did you try the demo too?

I've tried the demo and didn't really like it, but I know it's a bad idea to base my opinion on a demo.

Yeah, I tried the demo. Thought it was alright. A bit weird. The full game is definitely better. You need the story really, plus the levelling up and the little quirks. I think you can pick it up quite cheap now. I definitely would buy it for £20 or under.

I suspect it's a bit of a marmite game.

I will have to get this, eventually.

I still haven't completed Yakuza 3, but that's because my PS3 broke a few months ago, so I lost my saved data. Typical :rolleyes:

Someone I know who's reviewing it has said it's the best entry yet. Guess I'll find out for myself when it arrives tomorrow.

Oh, it's also a massive timesink if you're interested in doing everything; they finished the game after 82 hours at 52% completion.

I always really want to get into the Yakuza games but I cant stand the amount of loading that goes on. Is Yakuza 4 any better in that area?

Thats bad. Sorry to hear.

It's fixed now, but obviously I still need to start from the beginning of the game again.

Excuse me while I bump a 4 year old thread :hehe: but I started playing this the other day courtesy of PS+, and have been really enjoying it. :)

Never played a Yakuza game before (caught up with the story thanks to the included vids of the first 3) but felt at home with this game pretty much instantly!

Major Shenmue vibes. :love:

It's got that same clunky gameplay and just overall weird feeling to it. :D I adore all of the little distractions too, like mini-arcade games and UFO catchers. :yay:

The hostess dress up thing (and accompanying music) also had me in stitches. :laughing:

So unbelievably bad it's good. :grin:

This game alone is worth the 30 quid I paid for a year of PS+.

On 2/7/2015 at 1:51 PM, RedShell said:

Excuse me while I bump a 4 year old thread :hehe:

Excuse me while I bump this thread yet again :p (look at all those names from the past :()

Started the remaster thanks to PS+ Premium. Chapter 1 done.

So this is going to be a "play as several different characters" affair? Not that I mind, just curious.

Akiyama seems like a cool dude. Funny, too :D 

One thing that's a huge improvement from Yakuza 3: Enemies don't block that often and the blocks can be broken quite easily (so far, at least). Fights are hopefully going to be a lot more fun in this installment.

11 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Dude is amazing. :bowdown:

He really is.

Played a few chapters now and he's grown on me very quickly. Seems quite similar to Kiryu. Stands up for what he believes in :peace: 

And thank the lord that is Andy Samberg for enemies that don't block as much as in Yakuza 3:D 

Part 1 done...and it's a shame that I won't get to play as Akiyama now...

But, I get to play as freaking Saejima? :o Only know him from Like a Dragon, but it's still awesome :D Don't like is slow fighting style, though. And his hair is horrible :p 
Anyways, as usual: The story is great. Lots of moving pieces already with loose ends that will slowly but surely be tied up sooner or later.

Gotta say: I'm really happy I gave the series a try back in 2019 (Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami). 
You get very familiar with the characters and setting and it's wonderful stepping into that world again and again. Sure, I don't experience the whole shebang (i.e. everything needed for the Platinums :p), because I usually stay clear of 95% of the side-stuff but it's still a lot of fun.

Yeah, the switching of fast paced combat to the slower style of Saejima is a bit jarring.

Has he met Haruka yet?

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Has he met Haruka yet?

Yup. :D

I was a bit taken aback by that scene. Thought it was one of those typical anime scenes, but once Kiryu explained Saijemas behaviour it made sense.

Still quite funny, though :D

Ohhhh, Kiryu is such a great guy :cry:

Edited by drahkon

There's some weird padding in this one...

Having to avoid the police while going from place A to B, then to C, followed by D and finally E is annoying.
Having to do another one of those journeys 5 minutes after reaching E is even worse.

Well, reached act 3 and I already don't care for the character. Can't even remember his name ::shrug: 

Edited by drahkon

Sign in to follow this