NEurope
Murr

Super Mario All-Stars

Right, I'm seriously pissed off.

I get up, spend a good 15 minutes heating up my car, another 10 digging it out of the snow. I finally get to TESCO, and it takes me 5-10 mins to find a parking space. I eagerly go to the game section to buy this, only to find they've forced the games into plastic cases that don't fit thus mashing up the boxes. WTF!!!

Needless to say I left empty handed. All that effort for sweet FA!

Right, I'm seriously pissed off.

I get up, spend a good 15 minutes heating up my car, another 10 digging it out of the snow. I finally get to TESCO, and it takes me 5-10 mins to find a parking space. I eagerly go to the game section to buy this, only to find they've forced the games into plastic cases that don't fit thus mashing up the boxes. WTF!!!

Needless to say I left empty handed. All that effort for sweet FA!

That sucks :hmm: I hate they way they tie those security tags around some of the bigger boxes aswell. I remember seeing things like EA Sports Active in horrible condition because of it.. not that I would have bought it anyway :heh:

Anyway, I know you didn't buy it in Tesco, Zechs, but did you happen to notice what price it was going for?

That sucks :hmm: I hate they way they tie those security tags around some of the bigger boxes aswell. I remember seeing things like EA Sports Active in horrible condition because of it.. not that I would have bought it anyway :heh:

Anyway, I know you didn't buy it in Tesco, Zechs, but did you happen to notice what price it was going for?

It was £19.99! Which I thought was a great price, I'm probably going to be ordering from Play.com now

It's £17.99 on Amazon which is where I'd probably be getting it from.. but I haven't went for it yet :eek: I'm still not sure if I will..

I thought £17.99 was the standard price for it, at least that's what I thought most sites were selling it for before releaseplaces. It does seem to have gone up in many places now though.

SO not interested in this! I might consider getting Mario 1 & 3 on the Virtual Console sometime.

I have a slight interest due to it being a Collectors Edition with a CD.. and the fact that the last time I played the SNES version, my save data had disappeared :hmm:

Edited by nekunando

It's £19.99 at Morrisons aswell, seen it when I was buying DKCR.

Grammar! What is wrong with me...

It's £17.99 on Amazon which is where I'd probably be getting it from.. but I haven't went for it yet :eek: I'm still not sure if I will..

Calculate how much it'd cost to download all the games on the Wii and compare the prices.

Calculate how much it'd cost to download all the games on the Wii and compare the prices.

..you mean all the NES versions? I reckon it would be worth it to go for the updated versions with the extra content, however minimal.. if you had to choose :heh:

GAME are giving a little extra for console trade-ins during Christmas, so I used this oppertunity to get rid of my spare 360 for £96. With that done I decided to pick this up aswell as Pokemon Ranger 3 & NBA Jam ( 360 version ).

The package is great, I didn't know the CD came in a nice red Wii case. I think I will start with Super Mario Bros. 2 as it's been AGES since I played it and I want to hear the theme again. :D

How many songs are on the CD?

10 songs + 10 sound effects.

1. Super Mario Bros. Ground Theme

2. Super Mario Bros. 2 Ground Theme

3. Super Mario Bros. 3 Athletic Theme

4. Super Mario World Ground Theme

5. Super Mario 64 Slider

6. Super Mario Sunshine Delfino Plaza

7. New Super Mario Bros. Main Theme

8. Super Mario Galaxy Main Theme

9. New Super Mario Bros. Wii Title Theme

10. Super Mario Galaxy 2 Main Theme (Trailer Arrangement)

---

11. Super Mario Bros. Coin

12. Super Mario Bros. Small Mario Jump

13. Super Mario Bros. Power Up

14. Super Mario Bros. 1-Up

15. Super Mario Bros. Pipe Travel / Power Down

16. Super Mario Bros. Hurry Up

17. Super Mario Bros. Lost a Life

18. Super Mario Bros. Game Over

19. Super Mario Bros. Course Clear

20. Super Mario Bros. World Clear

Well, I went to play Mario 2 but my 4 year old nephew was sitting with me and he wanted me to play Mario 3. He was very excited and it was great to watch his reactions as I played it. When I turned into Racoon Mario he was amazed and started referring to him as Cat Mario. Everytime I defeated one of the wandering Hammer/Boomerang Bros he kept saying " He's rubbish him!" :D I played up until half of world 3 and then he had to go home so I knocked it off.

It's as much fun to play now as it was back in the day. Playing it really brought back alot of memories, some from playing it on the NES in my mates house, others from playing it on my SNES.

After playing it with my nephew I think it the collection is a great idea. Sure many will scoff at the lack of extras but at the end of the day it's for those who want a trip down memory lane. More importantly it's for those, like my nephew, who didn't grow up with the first Mario games and now they have the chance to play some of his greatest adventures all on one disc.

After playing it with my nephew I think it the collection is a great idea. Sure many will scoff at the lack of extras but at the end of the day it's for those who want a trip down memory lane. More importantly it's for those, like my nephew, who didn't grow up with the first Mario games and now they have the chance to play some of his greatest adventures all on one disc.
On one disc yes, but it's also right there on the Virtual console and in the original graphics aswell. The collectors edition just should have been more!

On one disc yes, but it's also right there on the Virtual console and in the original graphics aswell. The collectors edition just should have been more!

I'm of this mentality too.

The CD and book aren't enough to make me want to buy it.

I guess with the original relases on the VC, it would have looked fairly bad had they put up the SNES version for download at the regular 800 Wii points price, but that doesn't excuse that this could have been so much more than it is.

The CD contains one track from each game... making most of the songs low quality, if catchy, midi compositions that will be played once and that's it. And the sound effects are in the similar boat.

As tempting as the book is, I don't feel like paying £17 for it because I really wouldn't get much use out of the games - SMB2 is the only one that would see me possibly get to the end but I can play SMA on my DSL if I was that desperate.

Edited by Captain Falcon

Oddly, including Super Mario World would have made me jump ship and get this.

It would have had to have gone up to, and including, Super Mario 64 for it to have been worthy of my hard earned pennies.

I think I'll just download a ROM of Super Mario All-Stars, then throw my Wii in the bin.

Really, Nintendo?

I think I'll just download a ROM of Super Mario All-Stars, then throw my Wii in the bin.

Really, Nintendo?

Super mario all stars + world is even better sure.

At the very least they could have offered this too.

I still have my NES and SNES hooked up. Handfull of copies of all the originals (sans Lost Levels) and even have three copies of Super Mario Allstars + World for SNES.

If they would have updated the graphics for this I probably would actually go get it to play it.

Part of me wants to buy it just because it's in a pretty box, which makes me feel ashamed of myself haha.

7.0. Basically get it if you want to do some gaming, not if you want extras.

More striking is the fact that the review was a decent watch/ listen. Beats Craig's reviews, imo. Maybe IGN could rise again...?

Video-link fail?

Anyway... while it would have been nicer to have Super Mario All-Stars on the VC I can see why they decided to go with the - slightly more lucrative - retail disc.

Heck loads of other companies are more guilty of it than Nintendo - Sega spring to mind - so while I don't blame them as much it's still slightly disappointing that they didn't just release it on the VC.